TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

I saw that you are getting a wrench from Breeze but they are $30 from the TaylorMade store. I couldnt find one on GG or GS or TGW.

Thanks Royal, I think they are even more expensive in town here. Just found one and they are $40

Pretty excited about unleashing the R11 again today. One-T and I are meeting up and playing a lovely Donald Ross designed course here in Western NC. Donal Ross designs are typically challenging off the tee so the R11 will be put to the test today. I feel like it's up to the challenge though. I'm curious to find out a couple of things today. First, will the accuracy that I've been experiencing continue? Secondly, will I keep experiencing this extra length that I've seemed to have picked up with this driver?

Pretty excited about unleashing the R11 again today. One-T and I are meeting up and playing a lovely Donald Ross designed course here in Western NC. Donal Ross designs are typically challenging off the tee so the R11 will be put to the test today. I feel like it's up to the challenge though. I'm curious to find out a couple of things today. First, will the accuracy that I've been experiencing continue? Secondly, will I keep experiencing this extra length that I've seemed to have picked up with this driver?

Awesome TC! I love Ross's style of courses. He really likes to have fun with a golfer's mind. Good luck out there and lets see with MC team wins today!

That's a good thing lol!

CL -- When you tee it up high is when you start loosing some accuracy? Interesting observation but one that I have heard on prior occasions. Tee it high to let it flight and tee it low for more control.

OG when I tee it high I tend to lose some distance. The ball still goes straight it is just high and short. When I tee it lower(just a smidge mind you) it is much more penetrating and once again straight. I think so far this could be the straightest driver I've ever hit.

Awesome TC! I love Ross's style of courses. He really likes to have fun with a golfer's mind. Good luck out there and lets see with MC team wins today!

Yeah, Team Hackers always wins when he plays with his little brother. There are just some certainties in life and that's one of them. We're both working really hard, and I will say this, One-T's gonna be tough to beat before long. He's working on his weaknesses. We'll have a good time out there for sure. I've played here once before and quite liked it. You just have to play smart off the tee, that's for sure.

THe R11 will get it done today!

btw, read your post last night, great write up dude. Still can't wait to see those #'s when you get them.

OG when I tee it high I tend to lose some distance. The ball still goes straight it is just high and short. When I tee it lower(just a smidge mind you) it is much more penetrating and once again straight. I think so far this could be the straightest driver I've ever hit.

I have found for me i have to tee the R11 just a little higher than i did with the Supertri, if half the ball isnt above the face with the R11 i have been hitting low worm burners, i use to tee it with just a little above the face with the supertri. I havent noticed a loss in distance with having to tee it higher, its actually the opposite.

Interesting 10. Might just be a different swing type then? I will fiddle around with it a little bit.

Interesting 10. Might just be a different swing type then? I will fiddle around with it a little bit.

ya could be just diff swing type, i used the 2 3/4 tees all last year and they were perfect but i find they just arent long enough for the R11, might also be the grass isnt very tight yet, still kinda fluffy in the tee box. Not sure but the long 3" tees are working perfect

Yeah, Team Hackers always wins when he plays with his little brother. There are just some certainties in life and that's one of them. We're both working really hard, and I will say this, One-T's gonna be tough to beat before long. He's working on his weaknesses. We'll have a good time out there for sure. I've played here once before and quite liked it. You just have to play smart off the tee, that's for sure.

THe R11 will get it done today!

btw, read your post last night, great write up dude. Still can't wait to see those #'s when you get them.

it wasnt always like that. I beat you in stroke play once, maybe 2 times last year. but I am positive about one

it wasnt always like that. I beat you in stroke play once, maybe 2 times last year. but I am positive about one

I know. You use to beat me all the time. Hard work and the fact that I've added a driver to my arsenal has made all the difference in the world.

I know. You use to beat me all the time. Hard work and the fact that I've added a driver to my arsenal has made all the difference in the world.

that and the ability to hit the green most often from about 175 and in.

that and the ability to hit the green most often from about 175 and in.

Yeah, that's my strongest suit. Hopefully we both unleash the R11's today and hit slews of fwys and girs.

Yeah, that's my strongest suit. Hopefully we both unleash the R11's today and hit slews of fwys and girs.

thats what I am talking about. R11 fury, and I am bringing it.

Heading to Golftec today to do a shaft fitting with the R11 to see if I indeed would hit it better with another shaft. For those that have done a fitting with the R11 already, what are some of things to look for during the fitting? Ball spin/speed? Launch? Feel?

Any advise is appreciated!

Looking forward to your post course review with the R11 drivers. The driver to me is the most important stick in the bag. If you struggle off the tee, the rest of your game has added pressure. Boom one off the tee in the fairway and it's a deep sigh of relief. The game is on!

So I think the R11 Driver and 3 Wood would help my game the most, For those that have moved to them, I have a very inconsistent swing, and think the adjustability will help me dial in the club to fit my swing, have you found that to be true or is just a gimmik?

Fairways beware....One-T on the prowl with the R11
thats what I am talking about. R11 fury, and I am bringing it.

Heading to Golftec today to do a shaft fitting with the R11 to see if I indeed would hit it better with another shaft. For those that have done a fitting with the R11 already, what are some of things to look for during the fitting? Ball spin/speed? Launch? Feel?

Any advise is appreciated!

Smash Factor is important but your fitter should have an eye on that.

Below is the meaning -

Smash factor – The ratio between the ball speed and the club speed.

As a parameter, it is an expression of the player’s ability to generate ball speed based on a given club speed. Technically, the smash factor says a lot about the centeredness of impact and the solidity of the shot - there is a strong correlation between the degree of centeredness at impact and the obtained smash factor.

Here’s an example. If the player swings his club at 100mph and the ball speed is 140mph then his smash factor will be 1.40But if the golfer could obtain a smash factor of 1.48 with a more controlled swing having a lower club speed of 98 mph, the ball speed would be increased to 145 mph – i.e. an additional 5 mph ball speed by swinging slower. Since 1 more mph ball speed (all other things equal) will generate 2 more yards carry, an extra 10 yards is added to the drive in this case by swinging with more control! Further, the more controlled swing will most likely have a very positive effect on dispersion.

Hitting the ball well will improve your ball speed /smash factor this is where most amateur golfers go wrong by trying to hit the ball hard they loose control and make more off centre hits. From a coaches perspective it would be easy to help the pupil improve their ball striking rather than increase their club head speed.

So what is the highest smash factor you can achieve?? Well there are other factors that will influence smash factor. One is coefficient of restitution between club and ball (COR) and the other is Spin Loft. But tour players try and head for around 1.47

This then tells us that if you were to swing a heavy club at the same speed as a lighter club the ball will go further. Usually though a heavy club is swing slower and there may be a loss of control. It’s worth having a play with one club to experiment how this effect you as an individual. Everyone has a different strength.

The USGA and R&A set a limit for the coefficient of Resistance (COR) to 0.83.

Spin Loft – The angle between the club face orientation (actual loft) and the club head direction. (Attack angle)

SPIN LOFT = Dynamic (”delivered”) Loft —(minus) Attack Angle

We have a driver with 10° of loft.

If we have a level strike, with a delivered loft of 10° (no forward or backward lean), the spin loft will be 10°.

If we have a forward leaning shaft of 2°, and a delivered loft of 8° (because in this example, we are delofting the 10° head), and a downward strike of 2°, we have the same damn spin loft of 10°.
If we can accomplish a forward lean of 2°, and a upward strike of 1°, and a delivered loft of 8°, we get a SPIN LOFT of 7° and more ball speed, thus a higher smash factor.

Very informative post, Sox1212!

Fairways beware....One-T on the prowl with the R11

oh, I brought it, but the fairways needed to not worry as I didnt see many of those today. I hit the R11 pretty well though. The grass on the tee boxes were not cut down very well so when I teed the ball up it was playing with my eyes. I was hitting them high on the face, which means distance loss. I started teeing the ball lower and was hitting it pretty well. The ball flight with the Fubuki and the 10.5 head is perfect for me. Nice and high but not too high, I actually think its a perfect trajectory. More to com eon my round with the R11 today.

Hey everyone,

i am new here, i´m from germany, so first of all I want to apologize for my bad english :)

My R11 Driver arrived today, it is the TP with X-Stiff and 9°. I just love it. I have played without an driver during 2 years now. Now i´am just waiting for my Fairway Wood and my Rescue. I can´t wait no more.

Well look what just arrived ....

aefc45de-45f8-3075.jpg

R11 TP with the diamana ahina 60 X.

What a beautiful stick this is. Also can tell just by waggling it that its substantially stiffer than the motore x in my R9. Can't wait to unleash the beast!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Dang, I didn't jump on this thread intially because I couldn't afford a new FW and I know I need one and didn't want to be tempted into putting one on a credit card. Now that I'm in the market for one I decided to take a look and it's up to 2421 replies. Holy schnikes! I'm going in, if I'm not back in 4 hours send a search party....

Dang, I didn't jump on this thread intially because I couldn't afford a new FW and I know I need one and didn't want to be tempted into putting one on a credit card. Now that I'm in the market for one I decided to take a look and it's up to 2421 replies. Holy schnikes! I'm going in, if I'm not back in 4 hours send a search party....

lol just remember this is the driver thread as well, if your not back by 8 ill call the national gaurd

Thanks sox1212! Great information! Well, just got back and they did not change anything shaft wise. I was launching the ball consistently 305-310 total with a carry of about 270-280. He said the spin factor was good but my launch angle was around 10-11 degrees which he wanted higher to around 13 or 14. Crazy thing about it is I use a 10.5 dergee with an open ASP! Ha! I've always had a lower launch angle as I tend to hit my woods like my irons, with a decending or even blow instead of swinging up on the ball. We tried a couple of different things (moving the ball back a bit in the stance and getting my right shoulder lower) which helped the launch a bit. Something to work on. Anyways, said the stock shaft was fine and didn't recommend changing it. Heading back next week to test out the TM forged irons that hit golfsmith on the 25th.

Back