Callaway Razr X Irons - All Lines

not sure what I will be looking for buddy. I will probably just go by feel. Which ever of the 2 sets feels the best is what I am gonna go with.

I really liked the way both felt. Right now I would lean towards the non-tour version. I can't wait to hit them on a range instead of on a simulator so I can see the ball flight. I'm not sure there is a bad choice between either of them.

I really liked the way both felt. Right now I would lean towards the non-tour version. I can't wait to hit them on a range instead of on a simulator so I can see the ball flight. I'm not sure there is a bad choice between either of them.

your leaning towards the Razr X?

your leaning towards the Razr X?

right now yes. I took about 10 swings with each the other day on a sim in Dicks. I would lean towards the Razr X. All that could change though when I hit them outside, I don't always trust their sim, I'd rather hit them outside

I didn't get a chance to hit the tours, only the X vs. the Diablo Edge irons and the sound/feel was so much better with the Razr X. This was only into a net with Trackman but I was quite amazed at how much better the dispersion and distance was with the Razr X vs. the Diablo Edge hoping to get a chance to demo them at a range soon as well.

Thanks guys. I guess I'm just stuck on stupid with turf interaction.

not sure what I will be looking for buddy. I will probably just go by feel. Which ever of the 2 sets feels the best is what I am gonna go with.

just feel alone? or feel and performance?

Im going to hit both and look at the numbers along with the feel. If I just went on looks alone Id go with the Tours, they just look better IMO.

I'm hoping to check out the X forged this weekend. I really don't have a want for a new set of irons but interested in seeing how these feel.

right now yes. I took about 10 swings with each the other day on a sim in Dicks. I would lean towards the Razr X. All that could change though when I hit them outside, I don't always trust their sim, I'd rather hit them outside

I agree on hitting them outside. I hit the X tours and loved how they felt. For some reason I dont remember if I hit the X. But, I can assure you I will be hitting both before a decision is made.

just feel alone? or feel and performance?

Im going to hit both and look at the numbers along with the feel. If I just went on looks alone Id go with the Tours, they just look better IMO.

Feel and performance, I will say that I loved the turf interaction as well as the ball flight and distance, the x tours just felt great. Again, I dont remember if I hit the X though.

You didn't hit the X version One-T. You hit the Tour version and the forged version on the range.

You didn't hit the X version One-T. You hit the Tour version and the forged version on the range.

thats what I thought. I put the forged down rather quickly.

thats what I thought. I put the forged down rather quickly.

You did. You hit the Tours well, and they were one of the longer irons that you hit on the day as well. I can't wait to find out whether or not these are an option. I want them in a bad way. Way too much cool technology packed into them.

I'm hoping to check out the X forged this weekend. I really don't have a want for a new set of irons but interested in seeing how these feel.

I wasnt overly impressed with those. They look good, but for some reason I didnt prefer the feel.

You did. You hit the Tours well, and they were one of the longer irons that you hit on the day as well. I can't wait to find out whether or not these are an option. I want them in a bad way. Way too much cool technology packed into them.

yeah, these and the Nikes were very long for me. These better be an option because since I hit them I have had my mind on them

Gonna go check these out today. I haven't hit a Callaway iron in a long time and I'm pretty excited.

yeah, these and the Nikes were very long for me. These better be an option because since I hit them I have had my mind on them

I am interested to see what is going to be on our menu of options

Agreed....and while I think it's the best looking of the bunch, I was left wanting more in the 'feel' department. It didn't have that nice cushy Callaway feel that I've felt in other offerings of theirs
I was surprised how small the head on the Tour looked in person. The face seemed tiny to me.

Agreed....and while I think it's the best looking of the bunch, I was left wanting more in the 'feel' department. It didn't have that nice cushy Callaway feel that I've felt in other offerings of theirs

Yeah, the tours are definitely a sleek iron. At address, they actually look thinner and smaller than the Forged offering, yet they have a cavity. Pretty awesome stuff.

How do these compare to the CBs? In terms of size. Everyone is talking about how small these are... are they smaller bigger or the same as the CBs?

How do these compare to the CBs? In terms of size. Everyone is talking about how small these are... are they smaller bigger or the same as the CBs?

I dont remember 100% but I think these Razr X Tours are similar to the size of the CB.

I think the soles and the head are the same size but the tours look sleeker than the CB's to me.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I've already mentioned these in another spot or two, but I promised TC I'd post my thoughts about these from trying on the hitting bay. While these los out to the TM 2.0 irons for me, I can't say they were a bad iron, just not the best for me. On a possitive note these are extremely long, the longest iron I hit, or have ever hit. Looks and sound were as nice as anything I've tried, but the feel off the club face transmitted to my hands as clunky. I did have a tougher time hitting the center of the face compared to the 2.0's, and I found I was consistantly hitting solid draws that would have put me on the right side of the course all day. About 5 yards longer than the 2.0's on average, but not as consistant in my hands.

I hit these as well today, along with the 2.0's and the Cg 16's. They are not a bad iron, but my least favorite of the three. I agree with the "clunky" feel and would take that one step further and say it kinda felt like hitting a Top Flite on a cold day.

The Burner 2.0's were very nice but the CG 16's took the cake for me. I also liked the looks of the CG16's a little better than the Burners but both have nice lines and look great.

A friend of mine hit all three as well and preferred the Burner 2.0's. He bought them. He was a Callaway guy that just didn't like the "feel" of the Razr X. He also liked the CG 16's but preferred the Burners.

I hit these as well today, along with the 2.0's and the Cg 16's. They are not a bad iron, but my least favorite of the three. I agree with the "clunky" feel and would take that one step further and say it kinda felt like hitting a Top Flite on a cold day.

The Burner 2.0's were very nice but the CG 16's took the cake for me. I also liked the looks of the CG16's a little better than the Burners but both have nice lines and look great.

A friend of mine hit all three as well and preferred the Burner 2.0's. He bought them. He was a Callaway guy that just didn't like the "feel" of the Razr X. He also liked the CG 16's but preferred the Burners.

Great analogy with a Top flight on a cold day, that's really pretty close. I still need to try the CG16's along with several other's out there.

Thanks Duey. I've hit the Razr X's and thought they actually felt better and different than previous Callaway GI offerings.

Back