TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

Why does your sig say TP for the hybrid? Is there a tour prefered model i don't know about?

Ya there is a reg and TP model like all the woods and hybrids

Well everybody im home from work and got all my pics uploaded to Photobucket(thanks smallville i think it was you telling me to use this).

Looks- Amazing as usuall lol, i love the looks of the Rescue 11, the white crown with black face just looks beautiful. Looks as good as the R11 Driver.

Feel- This is a big improvement over my 09 Rescue TP, the weight of the club is PERFECT, TM if you are reading this DO NOT CHANGE THE WEIGHT OF THE NEXT GREAT HYBRID YOU COME UP WITH lol. It just feels so smooth swinging this, you can feel the clubhead through out the entire swing and its almost effortless swinging it. Again Perfect Weight

Shaft- What can i say, Great choice putting the RIP in this. I loved the RIP in my Supertri so im very excited to test the hybrid shaft. The shaft also looks very cool, down toward the head you can see the weave pattern and it just looks cool.

Headcover- Again this is another big improvement over the 09 Rescue TP, looks much better, the size is also better, its a little bit bigger in width and length, it fits perfect. The 09 Rescue TP is a pain to get on and off, its just to small.

So far im in love with the Rescue 11 and i havent even hit it yet, everything about it so far is perfect. I will get to the range tomorrow after work since its still raining today. Thanks again THP and Taylormade, i have always been a die hard taylormade fan and they just keep bringing out better products. Also a little request from me, please dont get rid of the white, i dont think i want to play a club thats not white with a black face after having the R11 and Rescue 11. Enjoy The Pics
TaDa.jpg
[/IMG]
FaceSticker.jpg
[/IMG]
UpcloseCrown.jpg
[/IMG]
upcloseFace.jpg
[/IMG]
Sole.jpg
[/IMG]
R11-Rescue11-09TPRescue.jpg
[/IMG]
09vsRescue11.jpg
[/IMG]
TP85.jpg
[/IMG]
RIPShaft.jpg
[/IMG]
Srixonvs11.jpg
[/IMG]
09headcover-VS-Rescue11.jpg
[/IMG]

See coolbreeze

Ya, buddy it was a serious question. I've been doing just a smidge of research into TM lately and while every other model had a TP listed the R11 did not.

Ya, buddy it was a serious question. I've been doing just a smidge of research into TM lately and while every other model had a TP listed the R11 did not.

Ya i just noticed that on their site, might be a error. I know it list a TP for the driver and FW just not the hybrid for some reason. All the stores like GS and GG show a TP model though.

Interesting, tp is really just a different shaft than stock in this case but i couldn't find it listed.
Ya i just noticed that on their site, might be a error. I know it list a TP for the driver and FW just not the hybrid for some reason. All the stores like GS and GG show a TP model though.

Interesting, tp is really just a different shaft than stock in this case but i couldn't find it listed.

the whole R11 line is just different shafts with the TP, the Superfast 2.0 is where there is some difference with the head. Im loving the RIP 85 in the Rescue11 TP, its very stable and smooth but also stout which i like

the whole R11 line is just different shafts with the TP, the Superfast 2.0 is where there is some difference with the head. Im loving the RIP 85 in the Rescue11 TP, its very stable and smooth but also stout which i like

Ya I'm interested in that shaft in the R11 hybrid, but even the shaft I don't see listed on the website. I think in general with the TP line the only difference is that the head will be open, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I love your thoughts on the R11 hybrid. I'm going to try and hit it tomorrow.

Ya I'm interested in that shaft in the R11 hybrid, but even the shaft I don't see listed on the website. I think in general with the TP line the only difference is that the head will be open, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I love your thoughts on the R11 hybrid. I'm going to try and hit it tomorrow.

The only differnce in the TP line is the shaft, thats it, now with the TP SF2.0 its shaft/length open face angle and weight in the toe for fade bias. Thanks im loving it, its a awesome stick, you should enjoy it, i hope anyway lol

I picked one up today. I only hit it in the store, I plucked one by accident as I was going for the non-tp. From what I saw and felt, I get a nice high ball flight and do not need to muscle anything with this club. It will be replacing a 3i that will be coming with irons. Happy so far, my body is shot from hours on the range yesterday

Another beautiful day here in northern Indiana! Heading out here shortly for my second 9 of the season. A lot less windy today than it was when I played my first 9 last week so I should be using the rescue much more today! I have also been impressed around the practice greens with my results from chipping with the rescue, and I'm feeling confident enough to put it to use for that purpose on the course today. Looking forward to sharing my thoughts on it again later today!

Edit: I am also taking the 910h out on the range with me before my round, so i will also have a little comparison of those two. Hopefully by the end of the week I will also have a comparison with the Mashie, because I have read so many great reviews about that hybrid as well. Hopefully I can give you all a little feedback about distance, forgiveness, etc. when comparing the three.

I agree with this but in addition to it, this club lets you get after a shot without killing you too much
I picked one up today. I only hit it in the store, I plucked one by accident as I was going for the non-tp. From what I saw and felt, I get a nice high ball flight and do not need to muscle anything with this club. It will be replacing a 3i that will be coming with irons. Happy so far, my body is shot from hours on the range yesterday

I agree with this but in addition to it, this club lets you get after a shot without killing you too much

i agree with this also, like i said in my review with the weight being the way it is its almost like the club swings itself.

i agree with this also, like i said in my review with the weight being the way it is its almost like the club swings itself.

The added weight of the clubhead is a big plus in this regard IMO. With it being heavier, it is easier to make a nice, fluid swing.

The added weight of the clubhead is a big plus in this regard IMO. With it being heavier, it is easier to make a nice, fluid swing.

The weight seems to significantly reward good swings. I don't believe that the Rescue 11 is the most forgiving hybrid on the market, but it is hard to argue the results of a good swing.

The weight seems to significantly reward good swings. I don't believe that the Rescue 11 is the most forgiving hybrid on the market, but it is hard to argue the results of a good swing.

I can't speak fully to the forgiveness part yet, but I can't disagree. A good swing is a good swing.

a good, aggressive, and controlled swing definitely reaps some serious rewards with this club.

This club is sounding more like something for me than the Mashie due to its added weight.

However, I'm not buying anything except shoes this year.

a good, aggressive, and controlled swing definitely reaps some serious rewards with this club.

An inconsistent swing is going to get a very mixed bag of results. The key is letting the club do most of the work, because it is a rocket launcher.

Good point hanks, controlled is the key with most swings lol, at least for me anyway.

This club has "rescued" me on some bad drive/par 5s already! :clapp:

Well after reading the Future of THP testing thread i gotta ask, if you think im not doing a good job or not testing the club like it should let me know, its hard to know what the people want when only so few ask questions or comment, i dont think JB has commented in this thread yet so it has me wondering if we are doing a good job or not.

Well after reading the Future of THP testing thread i gotta ask, if you think im not doing a good job or not testing the club like it should let me know, its hard to know what the people want when only so few ask questions or comment, i dont think JB has commented in this thread yet so it has me wondering if we are doing a good job or not.

I'd like to think we are doing a good job. I've enjoyed reading everyone's reviews so far. We've got a wide-range of testers skill-wise, and I definitely think we are holding our own.

If anyone has any questions for any of us, please let us know! Comments are welcome!

I'd like to think we are doing a good job. I've enjoyed reading everyone's reviews so far. We've got a wide-range of testers skill-wise, and I definitely think we are holding our own.

If anyone has any questions for any of us, please let us know! Comments are welcome!

I would like to thank so as well

I'm hoping we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry 10yard, I laughed at that. Just because JB isn't in the thread, isn't a bad thing. JB loves his Mashie. He stays in the Mashie thread. All of us testers will probably need to keep the dialogue moving amongst ourselves. There will be outsiders who will pop in every once in a while. We just need to keep hitting our Rescues and continue to do so critically.

Back