Finally nailed a set!

Longpar5

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 11.2
I am 3 minutes away from being the proud owner of a pristine set of Titleist 731PM's! Waited for a couple of years to see a set in great shape, and finally eBay comes through. Being a lefty, and a Phil fan, these will be just a collection thing, but I am excited and had to share :D

Congrats! Don't you love it when you try for so long to find a particular club and then when you finally find it then you have such a great feeling of accomplishment lol

Congratulations it's always sweet when you find something you have been searching for.

Did you win? If so, good job!

The hunt is part of the fun in collecting. Good score!

I did win them, and it is a great feeling....Now, I am torn between playing them, and keeping them as collectibles. I really, really want to bag them if I hit them good, but it's hard to knowing that they might be something good to have in great condition one day.......DILEMA...DILEMA, this is me and myself on this one: :bicker:

I did win them, and it is a great feeling....Now, I am torn between playing them, and keeping them as collectibles. I really, really want to bag them if I hit them good, but it's hard to knowing that they might be something good to have in great condition one day.......DILEMA...DILEMA, this is me and myself on this one: :bicker:

They are golf clubs......Game em!

They are golf clubs......Game em!
The little guy on the left of my brain says save 'em, but the one on the right says game 'em. I think you might be right, no pun intended :drinks:

I don't know about collecting clubs but I suspect if you want an investment there are better choices. I say "play 'em"

I don't look at them as an investment, they probably won't be worth much no matter how long I wait, but just being a fan of Phil, and having them around when I am 60 years old in good shape is why I was stuck. But when it comes down to it, they will still be there when I am 60, and I will have played many great rounds with sticks designed by my favorite golfer....So it's settled, I am baggin' them if I like them, and if not, then I will just hold on to them and make a nice display for them. Thanks for the replies you all.

Good work. I remember sending an email to Titleist shortly after they came out and asked when they would be made for us "righties". They said "it's in the works and should be 'soon'." I'm still waiting.

Get em dirty!

Congrats. I say game em. old clubs look better worn.

Can't you game them for a while and get them refinished? I know that is probably going to run you a pretty penny but I say you have to at least try them! Where's the fun in just letting them sit around?

When you say pristine, do you mean they have never hit a ball?
If no, then I say game them. You can always put them on the shelf at a later date for your collection.

When you say pristine, do you mean they have never hit a ball?
If no, then I say game them. You can always put them on the shelf at a later date for your collection.

I may have overstated a bit, they are probably a 9-10 given their age. I am going to game them if they suit my swing, guess I will find out this weekend!

I am in agreeance with the game 'em crowd, that is where the real pleasure will be, not in the simply owning the clubs. Congrats on waiting until the right buying opportunity presented itself and then on pulling the trigger on a great purchase.

Agree with the others - if they fit your game/style; then definitely game them! BTW - good to see patience...that is something I do not have much of.

Agree with the others - if they fit your game/style; then definitely game them! BTW - good to see patience...that is something I do not have much of.

I usually am not the most patient either, but in this case it payed off. My game/style is a lot like Phil's, only I don't have the talent to pull it off like he does!! I like to "go for it" a little to much just like him, only my attempts are that of a lowly amateur :disapointed:. But I game Dynacraft Prophet Tours now, and they are pretty hard to hit as well, and I love them, so we'll see...

Back