Let's get serious about an eating challenge!

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
JB and GG should head out to Amarillo, Texas and see who can eat the 72 ounce steak meal.

http://www.bigtexan.com/

There are also cams on the main page where you can watch people trying to eat the dinner, but I can't seem to make them work for me right now.

Watch the world record steak eater:

http://www.bigtexan.com/joeyeatssteak.html

72ozSteaklarger.jpg

THE BIG TEXAN!!!

I have ate there before, they have really really good food. They make the people (or used to, not sure if they still do) set up on these chairs in front of everyone while they try and eat it. If you eat it all, its free, but if you dont its quite a bit of money.

edit: The dinning room part is huge! This is just part of it.

dininghall.gif

Thats it? Thats the size? PLEASE. Texas lies about everything being bigger.

THE BIG TEXAN!!!

I have ate there before, they have really really good food. They make the people (or used to, not sure if they still do) set up on these chairs in front of everyone while they try and eat it. If you eat it all, its free, but if you dont its quite a bit of money.

edit: The dinning room part is huge! This is just part of it.

dininghall.gif

I've been to the Traildust in Arlington that has that same challenge. I don't know if they still do that. It was a place where you didn't want to wear your tie - they cut them off and hang them on the wall!

GoGo Burger near my home has a great challenge for GG: The GoGo Challenge. Over 5 pounds of food including two huge burgers each consisting of 4 quarter pound patties, 8 slices of bacon, 8 slices of american cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Plus, two pounds of french fries! If you finish the meal, you get it for free. I haven't been there, but strangely enough, both my sons want to go!

Found a pic of the "Go Go Challenge":

man-vs-gogo-trnsprnt.png

That looks like a breakfast steak. Does is come with fried eggs and hash browns?

Kevin

Dang it Smalls, I want steak now!!

i bet i could do it if there wasnt a time limit... its the eating fast that kills me

If it's just the steak I'm sure I could handle it, but with all the sides, I know I couldn't...

Gotta eat the sides to, all in an hour. I think it used to be 30 minutes, but guess they changed it. Been a while since I have been there.

I looked through the list of people who finished and someone did it in 9.5 minutes....

I looked through the list of people who finished and someone did it in 9.5 minutes....

And we tease One-T about skimming. There's a link in the VERY FIRST POST that will show you someone eating it in 8:52.

Smalls I'm 6'5" and 210 and there is NFW I would even come close to attempting that...not even half. Maybe a quarter of that. :)

Smalls, I think that's how much steak I eat in a month. Reminds me of the ol 96'er challenge in The Great Outdoors.

Needs more fat...

thats a case of the meat sweats waiting to happen

Back