A Thank You & Promise Timeline

A big thank you to JB and GG for all their hard work, and all the other guys and gals that make THP the best golf community on the interwebs (and frequently in real life, too). I'm quite glad I stumbled upon the site while looking for equipment reviews. The reviews got me here, the people keep me here. :friends:

JB:

In response to your "long winded" post I have a short one...

Thank you!

-Steven

Claire brought me in back in the Summer of 2009. She told me it was a jovial forum I would enjoy immensely. How right she was. I'm glad I've got to see it grow into what it's become today. I'm so looking forward to participating in The Morgan Cup and meeting fellow forumites. I can see THP growing into a multi-media juggernaut encompassing all things golf, yet because of the people that own and staff it, I also think it will remain at its core, a friendly, family type place where golfers of all skill levels from all over the world are welcome.

Even Canadians.

Kevin

Your welcome THP. And I really look forward to the future. If you guys need me for anything, I will do everything in my power to help!!!

You keep coming here and making this the best community on the internet and we will keep trying our best to outdo ourselves with things for the active people here. All I can tell you is this...

YOU AIN'T SEEN NUTHIN YET! And I mean that 100%.

Very nice post JB. I hope you know that I'm always available for anything you want to throw on the table. I was here in the beginning and you gotta know I am here for the duration. The support you and GG showed when Bandit got sick told me all I needed to know about how you guys were as people. When you asked me to help with the moderating, I was honored that you had that kind of trust in me. When you asked me to help with the editing of the magazine, I was ecstatic because it was something I have wanted to do since being an editor on a school paper. Once it's in you, it never leaves you.

It's amazing how this place has grown from being a little nuisance to the place it is today. Whether you admit it or not, most of that is because of you and GolferGal. The forum members and home page readers are definitely a part of it for, without them, this place would have died a long time ago. But without the vision you two share, this would never have happened. People have come and gone and others have taken their place. But this place is continually growing and reaching posting and membership milestones almost daily it seems. I for one am looking forward to everything else THP does or attempts to do.

Possibly the best part was attending the first golf outing and meeting so many wonderful people who still are regular members here. Then meeting more at the first Midwest outing. THPers are great people. It starts at the top and works its way down.

I know your post was supposed to be a thank you to us, I hope it turns into a congratulations to the two of you.

Incredible post JB, and I for one know that when you say something or you get your mind set on something, it consumes you and you see it through to the end with 100% effort! I have been fortunate to spend some time with you and GG, and not only do you guys love what you do, you truly love this forum and those who spend their time here.

Thanks for the post JB, but more importantly, thank you and thank you to GG for staying true to yourselves and for proving all of your critics wrong.

JB,

The biggest rewards for being a part of this site are the interactions with fellow golfers from around the world. I have not been around very long, but I can say when all forum members say "THP", we really mean "family". The equipment testing, contests, demo days, Morgan Cup, and any other giveaway are merely perks for being apart of this family.

Thank you for creating a place for all of us Hackers.

Joe.

I guess I'm now an old hand at internet notice boards, BBs and forums. I have been involved with dozens, moderating and admin duties. There have been forums involving small groups of local people and....none of them have been as welcoming as THP.
JB and GG - your humility continues to astound and impress me. Your drive is seemingly endless and undeniably unstoppable. You have my respect. THP includes not the best golf forum I've ever seen...it's the best forum, period. To have so many members, with no restrictions, and this sort of respectful and helpful community - it's unheard of, and long may it continue.

The biggest compliment I can pay this family is that because of this place, I now enjoy golf more than I ever have. Thank you.

To JB ,GG and everyone involved with THP , I want to Thank You all for making such a wonderful site !!!
I have been on alot of other types of forum boards and this is the only one that doesn't have the belittling , bashing & ect.... Its has great members and it shows with every post that is posted .
Thanks for having a vision and making it work for you and for us , as I hope to build some great friendships !!
Heres to the future of THP .

THP is a very special place! I have known that from the moment I joined, but that was made even more clear this past weekend. I was told by one of the TMaG guys that THP is a completely unique place. Speaking of other golf sites he said that they are great for finding the overall mood of the industry, but that THP is the best place to find out what the golf community is feeling. He then emphasized the specialness of the "community" that is THP. It was also clear in my interactions with the guys from the other site as well. From even before we arrived in San Diego, P4B, Drumdog and I were in contact and very excited to meet each other. This was my first time meeting any THPer and they did not disappoint. For the rest of the weekend we were best buds, the others though did not seem to have such comradery. They were very much strangers who even after such an amazing weekend will most likely remain strangers. There was more than a few times when one of the other sites guys would ask us about THP and between the 3 of us, we are jumping at the chance to pour praises upon THP, which would conclude with a hearty "Man I've got to check that place out!" You guys have done something special and you have a whole community who is behind you guys 100%.

JB....Fantastic post!

I have to and want to agree with what both Dr. Teeth and P4B had to say in their posts.
The other winners at the Kingdom, although they were all friendly, just didn't seem to gel together like the 3 of us from THP.
Steve and Jake are the first THP'rs I have met and I know already that we will always be good friends. I also know that I want to meet a lot more folks from here.
I found THP while searching for driver reviews 7 months ago. It only took me 10 minutes of reading through some of the threads to know that I had found my new online golf home. I had been on a couple of other sites, but really didn't feel like I could get involved with them. I knew after those first 10 minutes of being on THP that the people associated with the site were people I wanted to get to know and I felt comfortable about getting involved with the site.
All of the staff at THP work tirelessly and together with the members make this site the best on the web. I am very proud to wear the THP golf shirts and I spread the news about THP almost every day. JB and GG, I want to thank you for making a golf site that just feels damn good to be a part of.

Well put JB!!! While you are thanking those that come here on a regular basis as the cause of the growth of THP I will say it is also due just as much to the great leadership this forum has with you and GG so to you both I say congratulations. We have not always agreed on things over the past couple of years but I will say that you and Morgan have my utmost respect and support when it comes to THP and this community. Keep doing the great job you have been doing and the sky is the limit for THP!!!

Nice write up JB, thanks to you and GG for everything

Great post JB. I am very happy I stumbled upon this website while searching for club info. You and Morgan have created something extremely special here at THP and that is what kept me coming back everyday reading posts and articles. Thank you guys so much for everything you have done and will be doing in the future. I look forward to meeting you both in the coming months.

JB, GG, you have created the best golf site on the internet, and it is that way for many reasons. Mostly it is due to the efforts of yourself and GG and all the great members here. That was a great post and to say you ain't seen nothing yet is crazy talk but I love it.

Thanks again for creating the greatest golf website in the world. I look forward to spending time on here - even if it's only for a few minutes a night. It is one of the best parts of my day. Thanks again for everything JB and GG.

I know it has been said many times but thank you to you and golfergal. The members love this place that you guys have created. It's wonderful and we look forward to what you all have in store for us.

THP is like family to Ole Gray and me. We'll be sitting in our rocking chairs at the nursing home one day fighting over the laptop so we can be on THP. Ole Gray will be telling all the whippersnappers about his 400 yard drives and 250 yard 9 iron shots with his snakes. I'm sure his memory of those will be sharp. I wonder if anyone will know what we mean when we tell them we got our Mashie on????

You should be VERY proud of this site and all your accomplishments. We love this place and the people who make it what it is!

No one could have said it better. I've only been here a short time but this site rocks my socks, every single day! Cheers THP!

Great post JB! I am really really glad you did not listen to all the naysayers. It has been fun and amazing to watch this place grow and develop into what it is today. I am sure there is no way for us to measure and truly appreciate everything that you, GG, and everyone else have put into this site. I would live to give a heartfelt thanks to not only you guys but all the great members that have truly made THP the great place that it is today and that will help carry it into the future.

When you build a great product based on honesty and integrity coupled with a straightforward concept that engages people from all walks of life centered on a specfic common interest it is positioned for inevitable success. This site is hands down the best golf forum on earth. I beleive everyone here beleive this. We appreciate all you and your entire team does to make this such an ejnoyable place. You have establised relationships with the top golf companies which is evident in the manner in whcih they support all the great contest. The reputation this site has developed is outstanding and all this begins at the TOP.

SMG

Great post JB. We all appreciate the hard work you and others put into making THP the best site. period.

Thanks for maintaining a great site.

What an awesome post JB. As you know, I've only been here a short while, but it's easily the most visited site on my phone and computer. Other forums I've posted in I fail to return and see what's being said. Here, I am constantly checking back. I'll be here forever, and I'm amazed at the stuff you guys do. Keep it up!

Awesome post JB, wish I could find the words to express equally how much this place has meant to me.

Thank you.

Back