fitting yourself for a z-star?

Kimeran

Play for fun, not anger
Reaction score
Handicap
~15-17
most of us have found that we cannot find a srixon dealer in our areas. Therefore, I propose a question.

What if I went and hit a cleveland 310 on the launch monitor. I am assuming because of the similar shaft and hopefully similar weight it would be cloze to the z-star.

THerefore, I can get my swing speed, ball speed, and launch trajectory.

Could I then go order my srixon online based on this data as Srixon has the fitting graph on their website?

There are more than one shaft option - the standard 61g in R, S, X; a 71/72g in S, X; and an 83g in X.

From there you would want to know if you need the lower lofted or higher lofted head. At that point it would just be a matter of tweaking the adjustments and weights.

Not as good as being able to try one out, but since most of us won't get that luxury, if you really want one you'll have to do the best you can.

But check the Cleveland website for their demo days and tour van/fitting van schedule. If there is one near you they will probably have the Z-Star as well. I will be trying one March 26th at a big demo event that doesn't mention Srixon, but the Cleveland rep confirmed for me the fitting van that will be there does have all of the Z-Star options to try as well, even though the website only shows "Cleveland".

Moved this one over to the fitting section.

I would say that the Dromos plays closer to the Kusala than the C. Kua in my experience and unfortunately that makes it a little harder to fit than picking up the Cleveland line.

I dont know where you are located, but you might want to check with Miyazaki to see if they have a fitter in your area.

that is part of my problem though. The closest place that is going to have a demo day to me is 2.5 hours away and longer if there is traffic and I do not want to spend my one day off in a car just to try a club out.

As I have said in other threads, I think I may just wind up with a cleveland but the top 4 on my list are the 310/290, Titleist 910, and the Z-star and obviously the z-star has pretty much the best of both worlds great shaft and adjustability.

great shaft and adjustability.

While I am all for adjustability, keep in mind that if the driver is fit to you, it wont change much.

I agree,
My biggest concern about getting a nonadjustable club though is the fact that the club cant "grow" with me as I get my swing back after taking a year off.

The other fact is that I like how the Srixon has the different weights to raise and lower your ball flight based on the weather conditions of the course.

I didn't care for the Cleveland drivers. I love the Srixon drivers. The Z-star is awesome. The Cleveland drivers felt a lot different. Didn't like the feel.

Back