Callaway Diablo Tour Golf Ball

andimetrum

Impervious to calculation
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone planning on giving these puppies a try when they hit on 3/04?

I'm just wondering what the price point is gonna be. Looks like a 3-piece softcover.

I haven't had the best results with Cally's cheaper balls, but their tour line has always done right by me.

Whatever they cost, it's gonna be hard to for 'em to replace my TP/BLACKS on clearance!!

hx-diablo-tour-golf-ball-product-overview.jpg

Anyone planning on giving these puppies a try when they hit on 3/04?

I'm just wondering what the price point is gonna be. Looks like a 3-piece softcover.

I haven't had the best results with Cally's cheaper balls, but their tour line has always done right by me.

Whatever they cost, it's gonna be hard to for 'em to replace my TP/BLACKS on clearance!!

hx-diablo-tour-golf-ball-product-overview.jpg
Do you know if this replaces the HX Hot Bite Andi?

Do you know if this replaces the HX Hot Bite Andi?

I was at the local shop the other night and we actually discussed this ball. He was saying that it's a combination of the soft of the HX Hot and the Bite, so, yeah, it's to replace both of those. I plan on giving them a whirl at some point after they come out, since they are at the max level I can afford for balls, and am always trying to find a decent 3 piece for $30 and under.

I was at the local shop the other night and we actually discussed this ball. He was saying that it's a combination of the soft of the HX Hot and the Bite, so, yeah, it's to replace both of those. I plan on giving them a whirl at some point after they come out, since they are at the max level I can afford for balls, and am always trying to find a decent 3 piece for $30 and under.
Thanks Ryan. Sounds like a winner.

Haven't had much love for Cally's in the past, but you never know, I probably will try these at some point.

I'm hoping they are. I like the soft feel of the Diablo for me, but, since I don't spin the ball much, I need some help with that. Really hoping these will fit the bill.

I'm hoping they are. I like the soft feel of the Diablo for me, but, since I don't spin the ball much, I need some help with that. Really hoping these will fit the bill.

the tour I(s) will help with that spin issue, its one of the best when it comes to spin around the green, for me anyway

I am looking forward to giving these a try. I love my current ball but I seem to have a thing about trying out all the new golf balls when they come out.

the tour I(s) will help with that spin issue, its one of the best when it comes to spin around the green, for me anyway

I would love to actually try those, but they are out of my "affordability" range, which is why I'm hoping the new one works out.

I'd try them, what they have going for them is 3 piece affordability.

Any idea on the compression of this ball? If it is low enough, I may try it in the cold weather and see how it compares with a TM Burner TP

I just picked up a dozen in Scottsdale after a morning round today, Golfsmith had them in stock. My plan is to play the ball for the next 3 days and see how it performs.

I just picked up a dozen in Scottsdale after a morning round today, Golfsmith had them in stock. My plan is to play the ball for the next 3 days and see how it performs.
Look forward to hear how you like them.

Never been a fan of Cally balls but I'm sure I'll find one on the course sooner or later and play it just for fun.

i actually love the pre model of diablo, firm with lil soft touch. just love it, i will give a try of this new version for sure.

i actually love the pre model of diablo, firm with lil soft touch. just love it, i will give a try of this new version for sure.

As in the distance Diablo? The one that was like hitting a round, white rock? The first Diablo was an awful ball (in my opinion). That being said, I do like the TP red/blacks and these sound similar.

As in the distance Diablo? The one that was like hitting a round, white rock? The first Diablo was an awful ball (in my opinion). That being said, I do like the TP red/blacks and these sound similar.

The Diablo is a low compression ball. It's pretty soft at a 66 compression rating - it has a lower compression rating than many "ladies" balls.

I like the Diablo. It's low-spin like my favorite ball, the Bridgestone e6. I'd like to try the Diablo Tour sometime.

The Diablo is a low compression ball. It's pretty soft at a 66 compression rating - it has a lower compression rating than many "ladies" balls.

I like the Diablo. It's low-spin like my favorite ball, the Bridgestone e6. I'd like to try the Diablo Tour sometime.

While I understand the comparison between the e6 and Diablo - the e6 felt so much smoother than the Diablo, which off my driver felt like a Rick.

I put these into play for 2 rounds in Scottsdale this week, along with a Razr Hawk (non-tour) that left the PGA Superstore with me! Some pro's/con's on the ball:

Pro's: above-average distance, durable, soft enough for finese shots, and reduced side-spin limited the draw/fade effect
Con's - not a short-game wizards ball, it will stop, it will be responsive but this is not a spin machine. I also found the ball to be hot at times, my irons are fairly consistent and I had a few well struck shots with this ball that came off hot and overshot my distance.

I want to play it a few more rounds before rendering a judgement but at the moment I'm going to keep it in play for a bit. Now the Razr Hawk on the other hand, that baby is staying in the bag but that is another thread.

Last edited:
I might have to give these puppies a try. I love the Nike Tours, and the Callaway tour i. Also going to try to game the B330-RX this year

Sounds like they are worth a try! Going to pick some up!

I've been unimpressed with callaway balls. Maybe this one will change that?

Any updates on the Diablo Tour? Have not tried it yet and was wondering how it might compare to the e5. Thanks.

Any updates on the Diablo Tour? Have not tried it yet and was wondering how it might compare to the e5. Thanks.

I like the Daiblo Tour ball. I have put it on my bag along with the Bridgestone. It is not a high spinning ball on the green for me but then with my game none of them really are. I love how it feels off the driver and irons though. It is not longer than the bridgestone but it is longer for me then many other balls.

Back