What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 1st round since 12/24, at Scotland Run here in NJ. Started out not too bad for such a long lay off shot 46 on the front had visions of high 80's low 90's but fell apart on the back with a 56 for a 102!!!!

Trouble started on 9 a 205yd or so par 3, had a very strong wind that was into us and left to right, pin was all the way on right side of a very wide green, the tee is very elevated to begin with so didn't want to get anything up to high otherwise it would just die in the wind and get pushed way right.

Tied to get cute and choke down on driver, play the ball back in my stance and take a short swing with abbreviated follow thru, a driver stinger if you will.

Well i almost pulled it off perfectly ball start off low and left the wind was bringing it back right, everyone in group was saying great shot. ball hit green rolled past hole off green and into a bunker leaving me extremely shot sided, end up with 5.

The weird thing is trying to play that quick little punch shot seemed to mess up my swing, timing wise or sequence wise for the rest of the round, I had been driving pretty well on the front but on the back it was big looping hooks all day, except on a couple holes where that would have helped then I hit a big looping slice.I actually hit the crane to the left of 10 for those that know the course

trying to get cute on that 9th hole really seemed to mess me up, should have just taken my medicine on that hole came up short and chipped and putted....

I finally hit a straight drive on 18, it ended up catching a fw bunker but I was just happy it was straight, hopefully I got whatever it was out of my system...

happy to hear the courses in NJ are ready to go. I am stuck in Rochester, NY and it is snowing here. Can't wait to get home and get out on the course.

Played today in cold & breezy conditions. Also got to play w/ Spraytech again..him & cold dont mix. :act-up:
I shot 45-43=88. short game & putting problems. Did start the back 9 off real well,-1 for 1st 4 holes, then fell on my face. :banghead:

Shot an 82 today 40/42. Made the mistake of saying I was only 2 over on the 8th hole and proceeded to double boogie. I should have never said that.

Also I played a Pro V1X for a few holes on the back. I have never played a Pro V1x before because i thought i did no thave a high enough swing speed for that ball but I hit it a long way. i was very surprised. I liked it very much. May have to give them a try.

Played on Saturday and was trying out a few different drivers. Front 9 I played with the Ping G15 and shot a 43 with 6/7 FWY's. Back 9 I played with the Callaway Diablo Octane and shot a 48 with 4/7 FWY's. Total score: 91. I think my decision has been made which driver I am getting. :act-up:

I played yesterday in the cold at Colorado National. I stopped keeping score after the front nine (I shot a 53 on the front) I haven't played there in about 4 years that I can remember but thats not my excuse for poor play! The course for the winter is in very respectable shape! I played from the Gold tees (Lineup there is Black, Gold, Copper, Silver, Jade) and they are constructing quite a few new "Championship" tee boxes. There were a couple boys from CU's team as well.

I gotta say, from the Tee Box, I had a great day. Especially considering the wind and cold. I hit quite a few fairways and put the ball in decent postions to get myself on the green, HOWEVER, my iron play was ATROCIOUS! I was hitting them fat, thin, bladed, skulled. I seriously couldn't buy an approach shot! I think I would've finished somewhere between 98-102 if I kept score on the back.

Ultimately, I was excited for the consistency I was having in the Tee Box (like I said before I hit Driver a LOT) and that played well from that aspect, but ugh, my irons. It was very VERY sad. I think my 2 best shots of the round came 1. on a par 3 about 186 yards into the wind. I hit a 7 iron about 20ft below the pin (I still 2 putted as you can imagine). 2. VERY short Par 4 playing 287 with a wind from left to right, I hit driver and flew the green and rolled just off the back edge above the hole. Left a 40ft downhill putt. I lagged the eagle to about 2ft, tap in birdie. And that is of course why I keep coming back!

Shot an 83 this morning. Got to play with my Dad for teh first time in a few months. he has been out due to back problems. He still beat me with a 79. WOW.

Played the Biltmore a Donald Ross course that I play all the time, because it's so close to my house. Shot an 81 and was +3 thru 3 holes. The course can get tough when there's wind and there was quite a bit yesterday. My buddy I played with shot well over 100 and for some reason when I'm playing with someone who's playing that badly I start playing really dumb and trying to hit crazy shots. I'll go back this week when I get the Polara balls.

Dude! That's awesome, it and doral are on my Miami list this summer.
Played the Biltmore a Donald Ross course that I play all the time, because it's so close to my house. Shot an 81 and was +3 thru 3 holes. The course can get tough when there's wind and there was quite a bit yesterday. My buddy I played with shot well over 100 and for some reason when I'm playing with someone who's playing that badly I start playing really dumb and trying to hit crazy shots. I'll go back this week when I get the Polara balls.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

Hit 250 balls yesterday at local range. Then went and shot 79 today at Warriors Path Golf Course, in Kingsport TN. Then spent another hour on the range after trying to sharpen those wedges, and work on alignment.

Will be playing next 3 days after i get off from work. East tennesse has taken on alot of rain past 2 days, and been playing in soggy, humid, and windy conditions which are always fun....haha

I didn't play golf but I wanted to shoot my caller today. Terrible appointments.

51/45/42
playing my brother on saturday really screws me up for a few rounds so today i went out to purge that out of my system
the first 9 was absolutely brutal
i had a 4 putt and 4 3 putts
the only greens i hit were par 3's
teeshots were everywhere
then i made the turn and things started to settle down
i had some insane shots from then on out
hit the stick on the fly 3x
chip one in for par
had a ridiculous 4w that found the green for a gir after a duffed teeshot

at least the scores dropped the more i played today
thank goodness i didnt give up after the first 9

51/45/42
playing my brother on saturday really screws me up for a few rounds so today i went out to purge that out of my system
the first 9 was absolutely brutal
i had a 4 putt and 4 3 putts
the only greens i hit were par 3's
teeshots were everywhere
then i made the turn and things started to settle down
i had some insane shots from then on out
hit the stick on the fly 3x
chip one in for par
had a ridiculous 4w that found the green for a gir after a duffed teeshot

at least the scores dropped the more i played today
thank goodness i didnt give up after the first 9

Nice shooting russ, that's crazy you hit the stick and none of them dropped.

Nice shooting russ, that's crazy you hit the stick and none of them dropped.

thanks dent im very happy with the result and was just glad to hit the green let alone bounce them off the sticks
i was sure tasting eagles watching them from the fw's tho hahaha

Didn't play today but had a really good range session. The balls were going where I intended them to go with very few bad shots. Can't wait to play Sunday.

I don't usually post all of my rounds, but thought I might do so just so I can keep track of my progress trying to shave the strokes off.

Very windy today, steady 20 mph and tough. Greens were very slow, which is uncharacteristic of the club and made putting very difficult.

Shot 83. 42/41. 3 doubles, 5 bogies and 10 pars. We played 6689 yards (71.5, 129)

I had a birdie putt on one hole after a penalty shot, still made par.

37 putts, (2) 3 putts, 10 birdie putts. Nothing fell, but made (4) 10 footers to save par. Three penalty shots from wayward drives.

Still have to hit more greens and the putting was off, but was happy considering the conditions.

More work to do...

Solid round in those conditions biggsy! Keep it up buddy.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Ugh Biggsy....37 Putts!! I had 36 in my last round so I feel your pain.

Ugh Biggsy....37 Putts!! I had 36 in my last round so I feel your pain.
I'm hitting too many wedge shots and need to hit the putting green as well. Solid day striking the irons and wedges however. On any day I'm pleased to get my two putts and walk off, I just hope to drain some more of them. Onward...

Hang in there buddy your hard work will pay off.

I'm hitting too many wedge shots and need to hit the putting green as well. Solid day striking the irons and wedges however. On any day I'm pleased to get my two putts and walk off, I just hope to drain some more of them. Onward...

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

I can't wait till i'm able to post in this tread again:blob:

No kidding, I don't know why I keep popping in here, I'm so jealous.

I guess we live vicariously through our warm weather friends....lol

got 9 in yesterday - shot a 41. Weird round - i hit the driver pretty solid - but i had little pushes and pulls barely missing the fairway. hit 29% FIR. 22% GIR. Star of the round was the niblick. I think hank mentioned a 49 niblick being his "goto" chipper and i put it in the bag to get ready for florida. Well First time hitting it on Hole #3 - i drained a 20 foot chip for birdie. I said wow glad i brought this. It didnt disappoint. I had a lot of putts for par managing 16 putts. But i did have two 3 putts. so certainly room for improvement. Tighten up the short game and i am well on my way. It is a pretty easy course though so not too too excited for the 41.

And played 18 today at phoenix. Carded a 91 but it felt like i should have been lower. Some more driver problems - getting good distance but its not as straight as it has been. II hit alot of fairways - but phoenix has big ones - it felt like it was off today bc i was always off target from where i was aiming. 64.3% FIR

I think the Supertri may be "too spinny" for me. I need to get some numbers off a launch monitor. I think the R11 might be a better fit. Smaller head - more control.

The irons on my approaches i was hitting very crisp. So solid off the face - but missing the tight greens. only hit 16.7% GIR. thats a problem.

The niblick magic carried over - first hole - chipin from 15 feet for birdie. that thing must have some leprechaun in it. didnt have any more holeouts rest of round. I like the 49 where i can land it and run it up to hole - but for tight greens - or hitting to an elevated green or over any obstacle - i had to use a 56 or 60 wedge which was alot. Thinks that why i took the 49 out in the first place. I could only use it three times today on chips where i had green to run it up too. rest of time i had to use a low wedge and hit it high to stop it.

35 putts - two three putts on the front - none on the back.

Pretty happy where i am this early - i havent been able to warmup at all before these rounds so i think with some dedication and some short game practice i can hit my goals.

Still waiting for the snow to go away. But at least I will be able to test the R11 this weekend and maybe take it home with me as long as I hit it good obviously! I'm hoping the fairway woods are there also. If so, I may have a good start on my new set! Any news more news on R11 irons to complete the set? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back