TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

Not a chance ST. I love the 910. It's a little battle royale. Toying with the idea of selling some stuff to get a RAZR and having a 3 way match. Well let me walk back the not a chance. I will give every club a fair chance. But going into this I already know how much I love the 910. It is a confidence building club. At address something about the 910 clicks with me. The R11 has a pretty steep mountain to climb but it will be given a very fair shot. It won't be one range session and done. Heck it might not even be one shaft and done.

look, I love the idea of a three driver shoot out but and this goes against all things OEM, you know all these drivers will be at the outing. Minus your 910. But you have that already. Just sayin my JB peace.

LOL I didn't even think about that. The Hawk can wait

LOL I didn't even think about that. The Hawk can wait

Dude, for someone going to the best demo day ever in which you had to sweet talk your missus to go, you certainly seem to forget about it a lot :eyepoke:
Just kidding mate!

Speaking there of T_Rex didn't you just pick up a Razr Hawk as well after testing the 910 and R11? I very well might be recalling that wrong though.

Demoed the R11 with the stock stiff Blur and it blew the other drivers (D2, D3, G15) out of the water on the monitor. I ordered it with 9 degrees and the stiff Blur, scheduled to be delivered sometime tomorrow. Cannot wait!

knowing how well you blast the r9, I'd be surprised if it didn't at least put up a fight with the R11
That's certainly part of it for sure. I have had good success with the R9 up until present day. I don't "need" an upgraded driver, but part of me thinks the R11 has to be at least on par for performance, and it provides more adjustability and looks better.

Should be fun to put them head to head.

Dude, for someone going to the best demo day ever in which you had to sweet talk your missus to go, you certainly seem to forget about it a lot :eyepoke:
Just kidding mate!

Speaking there of T_Rex didn't you just pick up a Razr Hawk as well after testing the 910 and R11? I very well might be recalling that wrong though.

Lol I speak about it everyday at work. My boss is going with me. I just sometimes forget that I will be hitting pretty much whatever I want to there.

i really wish i could make it there, everybody better put up alot of pics and videos, i always like seeing members testing stuff because you know they will tell the truth on camera instead of just saying its the best thing out there like alot of OEM videos

Just kidding mate!

Yeah.. It was SUPER long but it really was all over the place for me. The R11 gives me good distance and consistency. The 910 really didn't do it for me at all. I actually swapped the Razr Hawk in today for an R11 for no charge.

All this R11 talk makes me want to give it another try. I spent two rounds with it and frankly just did not see what all the other golfers were seeing. I must have the worst swing ever...hehe. But with all the buzz and the amazing rounds, I placed an order for a R11 with a Project X shaft in it that I like quite a bit. We will see if the new shaft makes me fall in love with the R11 and hit the bombs that everybody else is. I am so excited to see how it does, because frankly I have been a TM driver user for a long time and not having one in the bag feels weird...hehe

b8e038a7-6f1b-004a.jpg

Got my new fav grip too.

b8e038a7-6f68-37c2.jpg

All this R11 talk makes me want to give it another try. I spent two rounds with it and frankly just did not see what all the other golfers were seeing. I must have the worst swing ever...hehe. But with all the buzz and the amazing rounds, I placed an order for a R11 with a Project X shaft in it that I like quite a bit. We will see if the new shaft makes me fall in love with the R11 and hit the bombs that everybody else is. I am so excited to see how it does, because frankly I have been a TM driver user for a long time and not having one in the bag feels weird...hehe

Really? PX over Miyazaki? Wow, never thought I'd see that day! Very interested on hearing your thoughts!

Really? PX over Miyazaki? Wow, never thought I'd see that day! Very interested on hearing your thoughts!

TaylorMade does not have a Miyazaki option.

TaylorMade does not have a Miyazaki option.

I know, but I know you're a big fan of the Kusala Blue and the R9 shafts fit in the R11. You thinking the PX is a better shaft for the R11 head?

5.5 I alternate between the 5.5 and 6.0 for my game and spent some time with PX on the phone last week to determine what is the best shaft for me out of their lineup based on the tempo I am working with.

I would have ordered a R11 if it had other stock shafts options than the Blur. I was being cheap and didn't want to go the TP route just yet to get a different shaft. I'll give the Razr Hawk Tour a shot and if that doesn't work I'll certainly be ordering the R11 next.

I know, but I know you're a big fan of the Kusala Blue and the R9 shafts fit in the R11. You thinking the PX is a better shaft for the R11 head?

I have no idea really. The Miyazaki Kusala Blue in my flex code was the perfect fitting shaft for me in my last driver head. I had to pick a shaft from the Taylormade TP choices and went with one I had liked in the past.

I have no idea really. The Miyazaki Kusala Blue in my flex code was the perfect fitting shaft for me in my last driver head. I had to pick a shaft from the Taylormade TP choices and went with one I had liked in the past.

Ahh, I see. I hope it works well for you. I know knocking out the Z-Star will be quite the challenge!

I would have ordered a R11 if it had other stock shafts options than the Blur. I was being cheap and didn't want to go the TP route just yet to get a different shaft. I'll give the Razr Hawk Tour a shot and if that doesn't work I'll certainly be ordering the R11 next.

Have you ever thought about going in blind and trying everything and seeing what works best? Full fitting where shafts and brands and everything are open to debate? Why not Wilson Staff or Exotics, or Cleveland, Srixon, Adams, Bridgestone, Nike, etc...? I know you have said in the past that you do not do fitting, just want it in X flex because you like it that way, so my question is, is it the same for heads? Do you have to have certain brands to feel comfortable?

If you went for a fitting and stiff was better than X would you play it? What if the numbers gave Wilson Staff DXI better than something else?

Im genuinely curious.

I look forward to seeing what you think now, JB.

I got a standard R11 with a stock blur shaft (stiff) because I put up good numbers on the launch monitor with it. Will I be able to upgrade the shaft to something like an RIP if I feel the need to?

Have you ever thought about going in blind and trying everything and seeing what works best? Full fitting where shafts and brands and everything are open to debate? Why not Wilson Staff or Exotics, or Cleveland, Srixon, Adams, Bridgestone, Nike, etc...? I know you have said in the past that you do not do fitting, just want it in X flex because you like it that way, so my question is, is it the same for heads? Do you have to have certain brands to feel comfortable?

If you went for a fitting and stiff was better than X would you play it? What if the numbers gave Wilson Staff DXI better than something else?

I'll add that just because a shaft says X, S or R flex doesn't mean that is what they really are. I've personally watched club fitters take brand new shafts and CPM them and the results can be very eye opening. There were X flex shafts that flex out at stiffs, and vice versa. And you certainly can't tell just by waggling the club. Unfortunately, there has never been anyone in Augusta, GA that I'd trust to do a fitting so I've always been a trail and error type self fitter.

I've also taken drivers with stock stiff shafts and had high end x-flex shafts installed and saw absolutely no performance difference.

Actually I hit the R11 at Demo Day in 10.5 with RIP 2.0? Beta in X-flex, 9.5 PX 6.0, 9.5/10.5 Blur S & X, and maybe Speeder Motore S. I had Chad from Fuji put me in several shafts but those are all $200+ upgraded shafts.

I don't do fitting because limited area I live in and aren't available to fit me. I would if I could.

Exotics are limited in lofts with model I prefer (10.5 might be ok if I can pair it with low launching shaft) I hit one model at Demo Day and checked these out many times. Srixon and Bridgestone are no since I don't think they make any lefties unless that has changed. Cleveland looking at TL310 to try next since feedback I've heard from littlepingman. I hit several Adams models at demo day with R, S, and X flex shafts and nothing really jumped out at me. I don't care for Nike clubs so that is out.

Back