Do you think Titleist will ever bring out a yellow Pro V1

Do you think Titleist will ever bring out a yellow Pro V1

• Total voters
If the yellow trend keeps going, maybe yes. I voted no, but if they do bring out the yellow, I bet it won't be the prov1 first, maybe the nxt or dt solo.

It's doubtful. Although I never thought Titleist would offer adjustable weight technology so you never know!

+1 I think titleist does what might affect their market share. I dont think they feel inclinded at this point to do a yellow ball. However, if yellow balls start becoming extremely popular then they might feel they have no choice. Even though they still dominate ball sales there have been more than a few that have really put out good products that people enjoy i.e. Bridgestone and ever TaylorMade and Nike. Titleist is not the 'only' ball like they used to be.

Hmm.. I seriously doubt it will ever happen

yellow and orange balls were done before. i don't get the hype now. i doubt titleist would do anything other than white. if they did....it'd be a So/Lo or something like that. but again....why?

spongebob owns the yellow ball market.

If they started loosing significant market share to companies that offer colored balls I think they would. Who would have thought they would offer an adjustable club before the 910 series.

yellow and orange balls were done before. i don't get the hype now. i doubt titleist would do anything other than white. if they did....it'd be a So/Lo or something like that. but again....why?

spongebob owns the yellow ball market.

Anybody remember the old Ping balls??? many colored balls

images

those were collectors items!!! ping's ball business is really doing well.

yeah, site that had that pic says gold, silver or black ones in good shape can go for $200 a ball

I think they may but it wouldn't be in their premium balls, maybe in their NXT or NXT Tour line

Yeah they would, and they already did the last time the colored ball thing was in fashion. I've still got some in the retro-bag In my families garage. I'm setup already.

Thats great. Im sure it will be a little different yellow and will be easier to see then all the other yellow ones as per Golf Digest.

I can picture the ads now...insert stock footage of 'Independent Lab Testing':

keragreen-lab-testing.jpg

I think there is a better chance they will come out with a white driver and doubt very seriously that that will ever happen.

yeah, site that had that pic says gold, silver or black ones in good shape can go for $200 a ball

Aw, I had quite a few of those years ago too!

I was having a discussion about this very thing with my club pro a couple of days ago. We both reckoned that Titleist wouldn't go this way on the ProV1 range.
He came up with an interesting idea for the Titleist ball range while we were chatting. Why not turn ProV1 into a brand in it's own right? Enough with the NXT etc, and brand every ball ProV1 something. That could work.

Back