TaylorMade Tour Preferred MB Review Thread

Thanks for the updates P4B and JRod...seems like you both are having some early success with these! Thats good to hear!

Thanks JRod! Your testing is great and your opinion helps. I am just trying to get the best info from impartial sources, these could be the last clubs in the bag for a few years. Trying to make the best decisions. TM said that SS shoudl be over 100, do you think that holds true with these blades. How is that lovely finish holding up?
Thanks

I'm considering taking these to my club fitter and just checking the lie angles on them as I think I can get that impact closer to dead center. I didn't notice any negative feel and/or ball flight but just looking at the spot where most of the balls hit I think that should be back just a bit. I'll follow up on that! I got them standard but since my last fitting it appears as if my swing has changed just a bit.

005-4.jpg

There is a weird shadow on the face of the 6i (front) that makes it look like a lot were high and off the toe but aside from 1 or 2 that really wasn't the case.
The trip I won to the TM Kingdom could not have come at a better time! Timing has been on my side lately, read my opening paragraph in my latest review (Boomerang Putting Professional) and that thing showed up literally at the perfect time and now this, one week ago I notice a need for a fitting and now I'm going to get the best fitting known to man! I love it! Thanks again THP and TaylorMade, I am one very lucky golfer!

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner Dent I have been extremely busy. My current set of irons is in fact the VR TW blades. My initial impression is night and day. The feel of the TM MB's is absolutely immaculate. The flushed shots feel, or lack there of is simply amazing, and the mishits are not harsh at all. Granted this is information gathered from 3 range sessions off of mats so before I would speak this as fact I will have to get them both on turf. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. I will respond much sooner next time!

Thanks Jrod! So based on your testing so far would you say the flush shots feel better with the TM's or the VR's?

The trip I won to the TM Kingdom could not have come at a better time! Timing has been on my side lately, read my opening paragraph in my latest review (Boomerang Putting Professional) and that thing showed up literally at the perfect time and now this, one week ago I notice a need for a fitting and now I'm going to get the best fitting known to man! I love it! Thanks again THP and TaylorMade, I am one very lucky golfer!

Lucky indeed! Congrats again Jake, that is one sweet prize you've won! Very much looking forward to hearing your thoughts after the fitting!

I'm not sure if this belongs in the MB thread, MC thread, or both. In looking at TM's website they have the "overview" bar that displays some general information about the club. Below are the images for the "overviews" for the MB and MC. MC is on top:

attachment.php

Sorry for the blurriness of the pics. I couldn't get them any clearer.

Does this make sense?

I would think the last image should be flipped (MB = max workability, MC = forgiveness/workability).

Thoughts?

I'm not sure if this belongs in the MB thread, MC thread, or both. In looking at TM's website they have the "overview" bar that displays some general information about the club. Below are the images for the "overviews" for the MB and MC. MC is on top:

attachment.php

Sorry for the blurriness of the pics. I couldn't get them any clearer.

Does this make sense?

I would think the last image should be flipped (MB = max workability, MC = forgiveness/workability).

Thoughts?

Absolutely agree CL, seems like they flipped the two.

Thanks JRod! Your testing is great and your opinion helps. I am just trying to get the best info from impartial sources, these could be the last clubs in the bag for a few years. Trying to make the best decisions. TM said that SS shoudl be over 100, do you think that holds true with these blades. How is that lovely finish holding up?
Thanks

I don't believe SS plays too much of a role. I would think if you were in a stiff you would be fine with these clubs. However that being said, the slower the swing speed the more punishing your mishits will be. A Good ball striker really doesn't have too much correlation with Swing speed.

What SS were they speaking of? Cause I don't know too many people who swing a 6i 100+ mph. I was fitted by Bridgestone with a 96 MPH 6i and they said that is about as fast as they see.

The finish is holding up magnificently. Granted I only have probably 100 shots on my 8i and 5i (Most frequently tested clubs) they still appear new. I will keep this updated as I continue to put swings on them. I also clean my clubs and club glove them at all times so I am very particular about that aspect.

Thanks Jrod! So based on your testing so far would you say the flush shots feel better with the TM's or the VR's?

The TM's are a much smoother feel Dent. As I stated this is only 1 outdoor round and 3 range sessions (1 outside) so I wouldn't speak this as fact until I get some more swings under my belt. However at this preliminary period I would say it's not even close, TM hands down.

PS I need to learn how to use multiquote.

The TM's are a much smoother feel Dent. As I stated this is only 1 outdoor round and 3 range sessions (1 outside) so I wouldn't speak this as fact until I get some more swings under my belt. However at this preliminary period I would say it's not even close, TM hands down.

PS I need to learn how to use multiquote.

Thanks man, these things must feel prime then.

PS - click the little "+ near reply to each message you want to quote. That icon will turn into a check mark. and then on the last message you want to quote click reply with quote

Jrod, you're doing a great job man! I get the sense that you are really digging these irons and from what I hear, you hit them very well.

After talking to TaylorMade Kristy asked me if I wanted to play golf Saturday afternoon after the Kingdom experience....of course I do! She said, great bring your clubs and we'll see you Friday. That is so awesome, it gets me an outside round in what I'm sure will be great conditions THIS WEEKEND! I will fill you all in on how they perform. In the mean time I'll be hitting the driving range this week and I'll continue to keep the updates rolling.

After talking to TaylorMade Kristy asked me if I wanted to play golf Saturday afternoon after the Kingdom experience....of course I do! She said, great bring your clubs and we'll see you Friday. That is so awesome, it gets me an outside round in what I'm sure will be great conditions THIS WEEKEND! I will fill you all in on how they perform. In the mean time I'll be hitting the driving range this week and I'll continue to keep the updates rolling.

I hope the weather is good for you buddy and I know that you are excited about getting out on the golf course. Hope you don't get all the way out there in California and long for those 2.0's.

I hope the weather is good for you buddy and I know that you are excited about getting out on the golf course. Hope you don't get all the way out there in California and long for those 2.0's.
A part of me wanted to chicken out and take the 2.0s instead but I'm dedicated to testing these MBs out so that's what I'm taking!

A part of me wanted to chicken out and take the 2.0s instead but I'm dedicated to testing these MBs out so that's what I'm taking!

As you should my man! Hope it goes well, and I cannot wait to hear all about it. Good luck with the MB's, I hope your success with them in the dome and sim transfers to the course buddy.

Thanks man, these things must feel prime then.

PS - click the little "+ near reply to each message you want to quote. That icon will turn into a check mark. and then on the last message you want to quote click reply with quote

The feeling is sublime. I am trying to remain unbiased as I have plenty left to put these through until I have a solid amount of rounds to go by, but they are making it very difficult.
Jrod, you're doing a great job man! I get the sense that you are really digging these irons and from what I hear, you hit them very well.

Thanks alot TC, I'm glad to be able to get some real info up now with the weather breaking. Hopefully it lasts through the honeymoon but these just seem right. Holding the club in you hand you can just feel the amount of tech that went into the weight port and the CG. I realize that may sound hokey but its gods honest truth.

That makes complete sense Jrod. I've been lucky enough to put my hands on the CB's and I like everything about them, particularly the weighting. They are so much more better looking in the flesh as well. I bet those MB's are just straight up gorgeous.

Took these out again today and just reinforced the feelings I've been having with these. These irons are simply amazing. You are rewarded incredibly for a well struck shot, and the workability (Bring on the jokes) is simply astounding. Trajectory control with these irons is so easy it seems like cheating. It's also much easier to hit a straight ball with these than my previous irons, which should be worried they may never see the bag again.

Love the feedback Jrod, echoes my brief experience with them too.

Taking these out again today after the Morgan Cup entry, gonna focus on the scoring irons. Pretty excited!

what irons were you playing before these JRod?
Took these out again today and just reinforced the feelings I've been having with these. These irons are simply amazing. You are rewarded incredibly for a well struck shot, and the workability (Bring on the jokes) is simply astounding. Trajectory control with these irons is so easy it seems like cheating. It's also much easier to hit a straight ball with these than my previous irons, which should be worried they may never see the bag again.

Taking these out again today after the Morgan Cup entry, gonna focus on the scoring irons. Pretty excited!
I hear that buddy, I'm real excited now too- the weather is shaping up and I've got a Morgan Cup to get ready for! Tons more to come very soon from me on these irons.

Good news, we have open driving ranges where I can hit off grass finally! I've got the MBs in my vehicle and ready to roll for a lunch time run to the driving range. I'm excited to get back together with these. I'll post up some pics and maybe a video later today.

Good news, we have open driving ranges where I can hit off grass finally! I've got the MBs in my vehicle and ready to roll for a lunch time run to the driving range. I'm excited to get back together with these. I'll post up some pics and maybe a video later today.

That is good news bro!!! Hit them well, looking forward to your feedback.

Back