Your Top 5 Orlando Golf Courses for $50 or less

johndeere10

Banned
Reaction score
I need some help here. A group of guys are supposed to play Friday afternoon of the PGA Show. Most like budget golf of $50 or less. Other ones it doesn't matter just that it isn't Pebble Beach green fees.

We have played Deer Island and Stoneybrooke West already.

Please give me your top 5 Orlando courses that would be $50 or less that you enjoy playing and believe you get your money worth. I have checked golfnow.com and we can go that route but I know all courses aren't listed there that might be what we are looking for and I have no idea on conditions.

Thanks,

Andy

Last edited:
Looking forward to the replies as I'll be in the Orlando area for 10 days in April!

Anybody?

There are quite a few courses listed in the Course review section and I believe a few threads that list even more.

We are playing metrowest Monday, orange lakes (2 courses) Tues, and falcon's fire on Wed. I think the first two courses are $80ish, but falcon's fire is a little cheaper. All came with good recommendations.

I played Dubsdread last summer and it was a fun course. Greens were a little slow as I recall.

Which course at Disney is played on the PGA tour in the fall season? I wouldn't mind trying that and possibly headed there this summer.

I can't say anything for Orlando courses as I have only played Lake Orlando and that one is not much, priced right just not the best. I prefer to play Royal St Cloud Golf links at the end of Michigan Ave south of 192 or Remmington just south of Orlando Int Airport. Both are Links style with very nice layouts priced around what you want in the after noon. Only thing is if you play St Couud it has 3 nine hole layouts Red, White and Blue. Red is the newest and tuffest of the 3 , lots of water, sand and narrow, straight ball flight is important on this nine holes, White and Blue are nice and wide still tuff but fair

Dubsdread is a nice course in the heart of Orlando. Highlands Reserve is a sleeper most people don't know about. Ventura is a very easy but inexpensive course.

Unfortunately, orange county national panther lakes course is well north of $50. I played that course several times (work conferences as well as family vacations). I have also played all the Disney courses. By far the panther lakes course was easily at the top of my list. You definitely should give it a try.

I checked out the course record (62 frank lickliter) on the website. Its been 5 plus years since I last played there. Back then Ty Tryon held the course record. Its a great track and well worth it if you get a chance to play it.

We ended up playing Hawk's Landing at the Marriot. Went over the $50 by a little. Friend got us on for $69. I certainly wouldn't have paid the $125 they were asking for. Nice course... the first par 5 is a strange one for sure.

Kissimmee Golf Club, Remington, and Falcon's Fire are the 3 I played last time I was in Orlando, cheapest to most expensive.

Orange lake is by far a great place to go. Out in the middle of no where and worth every penny. Very challenging and great holes granted me and my family played it in the summer in the 90* weather yet we still managed and the course was in great shape. I highly recommend it if your able to.

Rather than starting a new thread, thought it better to just use this one.

Will be in Orlando in early October. As I will be playing at Port Royal in Bermuda, a round as a warm up would be good. Doesn't have to be fantastic, just decent.

Rather than starting a new thread, thought it better to just use this one.

Will be in Orlando in early October. As I will be playing at Port Royal in Bermuda, a round as a warm up would be good. Doesn't have to be fantastic, just decent.

If just decent is fine, you have tons and tons of choices, do you know yet where you will be staying?

If just decent is fine, you have tons and tons of choices, do you know yet where you will be staying?

At Disneyland resort I think.

At Disneyland resort I think.

Your choices are never ending in that area. At that time of year you will probably be able to play within 20 minutes for anywhere from $25-$300 depending on what you want to pay. Some of my favorite solid courses that usually aren't too much $ are Highlands Reserve or Celebration in that area. Disney has several courses on site that will be very convenient and are well liked. I would just get on Golfnow 2-3 weeks before you want to play, you can read some reviews, and pop your head back in here for some locals thoughts on the courses that interest you.

Your choices are never ending in that area. At that time of year you will probably be able to play within 20 minutes for anywhere from $25-$300 depending on what you want to pay. Some of my favorite solid courses that usually aren't too much $ are Highlands Reserve or Celebration in that area. Disney has several courses on site that will be very convenient and are well liked. I would just get on Golfnow 2-3 weeks before you want to play, you can read some reviews, and pop your head back in here for some locals thoughts on the courses that interest you.

Thank you for posting. Will take a look at the courses you mentioned and do what you suggested as far as booking. Won't have my clubs, hopefully the rental sets will be ok.

Thank you for posting. Will take a look at the courses you mentioned and do what you suggested as far as booking. Won't have my clubs, hopefully the rental sets will be ok.
Many courses will have great rentals in that area, but there are a few that don't, make sure to call to ask.

I've played many rounds on the Disney courses (Magnolia, Palm and Lake Buena Vista) over the last 5 years. We stay on property and you get can't beat the convenience of these three courses. Courses will pay for a taxi to/from your resort.

Each Disney course has lots of rental sets. You'll be disappointed if you're looking for good clubs. Recall seeing TM JetSpeed clubs, in average condition, a few months ago.

Orlando has lots of great courses and we've played most of the ones mentioned in this thread. Orange National, Bella Collina, Champions Gate, Tranquilo, Hawks Landing, etc. All of them are nice. For convenience and price; I'd use GolfNow and play at Disney. FYI - you can buy a golf package from Disney at a discount. Read the fine print because because it might not agree with your plans.

Back