Who is their pick to win the world series in baseball this year

Forever the optimist I'm predicting that my beloved Cubbies finally break the curse and take it all!

In a related story, the Cubs have just been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Forever the optimist I'm predicting that my beloved Cubbies finally break the curse and take it all!

In a related story, the Cubs have just been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

For a second, I thought you said Royals.

I don't think any team in the AL East will have 100 wins this year. All 5 teams will be strong squads this year.

Angels. I hope. If they can get some arms.

Yes Im trying for 500 again also.

Sorry.

Cardinals! Albert in his walk year and players always have monster years when that happens. We sign an in shape Berkman. I know Weinwrieght went down but LaRussa manages better behind the 8 ball.

Braves could have the best top to bottom Pitching staff. If they can stay healthy and Freeman is half as good as people claim, anything is possible. Phillies have taken a step back in the field, their starting rotation will be key.

Well clearly Im gonna back my team wether or not their chances are that good lol. Chi Sox baby.

The Phillies hands down, no question! Next question!

3390875.gif

Just to counter the massive Cardinals logo...

767290-1_phillies_logo_super.gif

Last edited:
Milwaukee Brewers. Fielder got the money he wanted, Hart got resigned, Braun is playing well and now that they have a decent pitching staff they should be able to be competitive.
This year the World Series goes through Milwaukee. Book it!

Milwaukee Brewers. Fielder got the money he wanted, Hart got resigned, Braun is playing well and now that they have a decent pitching staff they should be able to be competitive.
This year the World Series goes through Milwaukee. Book it!

The Brewers are a likable team, but a decent rotation and bullpen will not get it done.

I'm an Indians fan - and I know the world series is unattainable for us.

Tap before talk.

I went to a Pirates game last year. sat on the 2nd row behind the visiting team dugout(Brewers that night). I had a blast, if I can ever catch another game there I am doing it. INCREDIBLE!!

I went to the old Pirates' stadium and had a blast. I've heard nothing but good things about PNC Park - except that the team is the National league version of the Indians.

Tap before talk.

Red Sox

If I had to wager on it, I'd put money on the White Sox and Braves. AL East is going to be such a grind and the Phillies are already getting hurt. I like teams that don't have tremendous pressure to win 100 games and coast to a World Series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Brewers are a likable team, but a decent rotation and bullpen will not get it done.

I'm an Indians fan - and I know the world series is unattainable for us.

Tap before talk.

I know, I still gotta believe though. '82 was a long, long, looooooong time ago:
[YOUTUBE]Au_DTS4Ksjo[/YOUTUBE]

Only thing for certain is that the Nationals will still be terrible.

I would go with real bad not terrible. And maybe by 2012 they will be just bad...........

I went to the old Pirates' stadium and had a blast. I've heard nothing but good things about PNC Park - except that the team is the National league version of the Indians.

Tap before talk.

PNC Park....you mean "Citizen's Bank Park-West." JK. Great stadium, great food, right on the river, and especially important cheap seats.

Boston Red Sox. If Beckett and Lackey can be healthy they will have one of the top rotations along with lester and buccholz. The only roatation I would say is better is philly. And then you add in Crawford and Gonzalez to a already stacked lineup with a healthy pedroia, youkilis and ellsbury. I smell world series championship number three.

Hopefully, Daisuke and Beckett can make it out of the 6th inning.

Phillies all day everyday. The rotation is just ridicoulous. Even though we are starting the season off on the wrong foot, with Utley hurt it's better to get that crap out of the way early. For all the people who don't think the Phillies are the best bet, think about this. There are going to be games where your #4 starter is going up against our #4, Cole Hamels, who on any other team in the East, is their ace! Tough to think about going up aganist 4 aces every week! Not to say we are going to be unhittable but will be really hard to beat! The Giants caught lightning in a bottle last year and I don't think they are going to be able to repeat! As long as the Yankees aren't the favorite, I'm happy

Gianna is preaching the truth. Amen brother!!!! This thread should just end here, because the Phillies are reclaiming the World Series Trophy. WFC!!!

Phillies all day everyday. The rotation is just ridicoulous. Even though we are starting the season off on the wrong foot, with Utley hurt it's better to get that crap out of the way early. For all the people who don't think the Phillies are the best bet, think about this. There are going to be games where your #4 starter is going up against our #4, Cole Hamels, who on any other team in the East, is their ace! Tough to think about going up aganist 4 aces every week! Not to say we are going to be unhittable but will be really hard to beat! The Giants caught lightning in a bottle last year and I don't think they are going to be able to repeat! As long as the Yankees aren't the favorite, I'm happy

Gianna is preaching the truth. Amen brother!!!! This thread should just end here, because the Phillies are reclaiming the World Series Trophy. WFC!!!

The Phillies will be good, no doubts there. If I get a little luck I hope to get one or two of their pitchers in my fantasy draft today. The question I have about them is this. Who do they have other than Howard that can hit the ball out of the infield? Werth is gone and Utley is going to miss some time, and who knows if he will be 100% when he comes back. All that pitching isn't going to score any runs.

The Phillies will be good, no doubts there. If I get a little luck I hope to get one or two of their pitchers in my fantasy draft today. The question I have about them is this. Who do they have other than Howard that can hit the ball out of the infield? Werth is gone and Utley is going to miss some time, and who knows if he will be 100% when he comes back. All that pitching isn't going to score any runs.

Ryan Howard needs to start hitting the ball if he's going to carry that offense. He's starting to look like Adam Dunn. HR or an out. I think the Phils will choke with all this pressure. They're going to play a guy the Mets were willing to cut and eat his salary. That's not a good sign since the Mets are...... World Series champ is coming out of the AL East this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back