Odyssey BackStryke Putter

personally the backstryke putters are the softest feeling putters i've ever layed my hands on its almost like putting with a marshmallow on the end of a stick but it still has good weight and it forces you to keep your hands in front of the face i don't know about any one else but the 2-ball is one of the most consistant putters i've ever putted with only issue is its a little out of my price range currently

I felt that way about the original White Hot XG series as well. Super Soft!

personally the backstryke putters are the softest feeling putters i've ever layed my hands on its almost like putting with a marshmallow on the end of a stick but it still has good weight and it forces you to keep your hands in front of the face i don't know about any one else but the 2-ball is one of the most consistant putters i've ever putted with only issue is its a little out of my price range currently

I agree with you. Super soft feeling insert, sometimes maybe a little too soft. I still feel like I cant miss from inside five feet with the Backstryke.

This putter just doesn't fit my eye, so I'm not comfortable over the ball with it. It does have a nice feel though.

How interesting. I don't know if I can put with that. I like the more traditional look to my clubs

I agree with you. Super soft feeling insert, sometimes maybe a little too soft. I still feel like I cant miss from inside five feet with the Backstryke.

It feels much more soft than any of the other white ice insert putters I have tried. I think it is more due to shaft placement. Every time I try it at Edwin Watts I am lights out with it. It's incredibly balanced.

Someday I might get it. 200 is too much though

It's like the days are getting slower! When is the Backstryke Dart going to be available?!

those darts are ugly

those darts are ugly

I think so as well.
One of my sons got the backstrike two ball last weekend and he is doing well with it. I have the marksman and I think I might like the feel of his a little better. feels more solid. may have to give his a try for a while.

I putted around with this today. I disliked the Marxman and Sabretooth. However, the 2 ball, blade, and dart were quite good. I already use an over the top mallet so the look wasn't something that bothered me too much. The price did bother me, $200....that's pretty steep for a mass produced putter. What I noticed was it forced me to finish my putts instead of decelerating.

I was all set to buy a Pick Em Up now I take a liking to this....:struggle:

The pick em up belly putters are nice. I liked them, but ultimately liked the Method Core more. The Backstrykes....I just don't know. I wanna love them, but the feel is awkward to me. I'll putt around with them when looking for a new putter for my grandfather for fathers day.....who knows...

Well, now through 13 rounds with my Backstryke Blade... I still don't like the look but I love the results. Very predictable on lags, great roll, nice feel.

As for the looks, it doesn't matter. I don't look at the putter when I take my stroke. Matter of fact, I don't even look at the ball. I look an inch or two in front of the ball and try to putt through that spot (as per Dave Stockton in Putt To Win).

Played my first round with a Backstryke 2 Ball today. 30 putts. First putt on #1 I drained a 20+ foot Birdie putt. Rolled in 2 more Birdies from 20+ feet also for a 75. Overall positive first experience !

Wow. What a difference this putter has made. It's like hitting a 3 hybrid. Putts are dropping that easily. Greens are stress free now. I have had 1 3 putt in the last 3 rounds and that was on me misreading the green.

This putter tricks you into hitting the ball before your brain expects impact. The last second yips never have a chance to guide your putt off line. Plus, this is the softest putter I have ever used. Feel is still there so I am giving up nothing when it comes to feedback. I can't say this is for everyone, but I can say it is firmly in my bag.

Wow. What a difference this putter has made. It's like hitting a 3 hybrid. Putts are dropping that easily. Greens are stress free now. I have had 1 3 putt in the last 3 rounds and that was on me misreading the green.

This putter tricks you into hitting the ball before your brain expects impact. The last second yips never have a chance to guide your putt off line. Plus, this is the softest putter I have ever used. Feel is still there so I am giving up nothing when it comes to feedback. I can't say this is for everyone, but I can say it is firmly in my bag.

Agreed on all of the above!!

I ran across a Backstryke 2 ball putter at store last weekend. It was pre-owned and I thought I would give it a go just as a novelty putter. The set up was quite odd at first but it felt good and I liked the balance and roll. I seemed to have some good controle with it. It was priced at $90 and not a scratch on it. I checked on the shelf and reg price is $200. The store was also having a 20% off on pre-owned clubs as well. So I thought for 70 bucks...why not.

Tried it home on the puttig green and had some good results and took it out today for a test run. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it performed. I had 27 putts and many were one putts. Several were drained from 15 feet as well. The offset does take some getting used and I never thought I would use a two ball putter, but it is an effective alignment tool. I may try this one out a few more times just for kicks.

One thing I am not used to is the "ping" sound coming off the two ball when putting. From what I understand the Backstryke blade and Marksman do not make the "ping" sound. I guess its the shape of the putter.

SMG.

I just bought one of these and putted great in practice. Felt nice, especially short putts. Got on the course yesterday and flubbed it, weak minded golfer.

Back