TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Review Thread

I was just simply trying to determine if there was enough added forgiveness to warrant a consideration. No real point to go to the MC's, those are like the splits in my set and then what the hell is the point. I suppose for those who like the combo thing TM could make a set out of all 3 tour preferred offerings (if it's allowed).

They allow you to mix and match.

What I like about irons that don't go into the easiest to hit category for most golfers, is the differing opinions. You get all different perspectives and really gives you so much to think about. I'm really looking at these irons for many reasons but I'm also watching the opinions of others so I know what I can expect/look for with these. Great job guys!

So for those testing these besides me....what improvements would you make to them? I think I'd make a matte silver finish or even make a darker one available too

I wouldnt change the finish, I actually quite like the finish now. All the other OEM's have changed the finishes and TM also did with the 2.0's. I think sometime, even in this case, its best to go back to basics.

true. I think the big thing to take away is that if I'm just saying that I'd change the finish only right now, these are some good irons
I wouldnt change the finish, I actually quite like the finish now. All the other OEM's have changed the finishes and TM also did with the 2.0's. I think sometime, even in this case, its best to go back to basics.

These were in the bag this morning for my round and by the end of it had a really good grasp of the distances. Like others have mentioned the one area where these shined from a subjective standpoint is the sound at impact. It is a "full" and "plush" sound that really puts off a wonderful feel.

On the course I played the ball high and straight most of the day today. I did hit 3 7-irons into a windy green today that I played low. None of those were problems. Overall, I came away again impressed with the performance and will continue to update this as a few rounds are scheduled for next week.

I didn't realize you could mix and match these. This is awesome and shoots these irons straight to the top of my list. I am going to have to take copious notes at the demo day.

going to spend some quality range time with these this weekend before the rain rolls in.....looking to nail down some specific distances aside from just knowing I'm a club shorter than my previous set distances

going to spend some quality range time with these this weekend before the rain rolls in.....looking to nail down some specific distances aside from just knowing I'm a club shorter than my previous set distances

Remind me again what iron set you were coming from Hanks... was it a "strong loft" set?

Remind me again what iron set you were coming from Hanks... was it a "strong loft" set?

believe he stuck with the x-24's

Nice clubs!!

well, today my irons shined for me yet again. I was striking the ball very well with my CB's which just helped my confidence for the next shot. I am seeing the same things I have seen all along....Nice high ball flight that just goes straight as an arrow. I am also starting to really enjoy the clubs at impact. Its just such a smooth feeling. Thainer had the opportunity to swing these as well today, he just hit them on a par 3 where he hit an awesome shot. After he hit it, he turned ot me and said, "I need these". Right now he is playing the Nike VR blades.

Love the fact you're getting some good shots and I can picture the bad ones from all the descriptions as well. If I've managed to skim this part of the thread, feel free to change my avatar haha, but what are the most common misses you all are seeing with this club? Do you know about how often you're missing with you shots during a round? I don't know if that matters much to people but I was thinking about this the other day.

well, today my irons shined for me yet again. I was striking the ball very well with my CB's which just helped my confidence for the next shot. I am seeing the same things I have seen all along....Nice high ball flight that just goes straight as an arrow. I am also starting to really enjoy the clubs at impact. Its just such a smooth feeling. Thainer had the opportunity to swing these as well today, he just hit them on a par 3 where he hit an awesome shot. After he hit it, he turned ot me and said, "I need these". Right now he is playing the Nike VR blades.

Love the fact you're getting some good shots and I can picture the bad ones from all the descriptions as well. If I've managed to skim this part of the thread, feel free to change my avatar haha, but what are the most common misses you all are seeing with this club? Do you know about how often you're missing with you shots during a round? I don't know if that matters much to people but I was thinking about this the other day.

honestly....I find myself hitting pretty close ot the sweet spot with these most of the time. If I miss it is because I came in too steep and hit it fat. Today, I hit them so well, I had 2 fat shots, one was on a par 3 andI ended up about 25 yards from the green. Another was on a par 5 and instead of laying up I tried to muscle up. I did not toe one or heel one all day. But, I have noticed that toe shots take about 20 yards off my distance.

Great reviews. I cannot wait until I can go hit these at GolfSmith.

Just Tap It In. Just Tap It In.

Yoc, my miss has been a leaking fade. Maybe 10-15 yards at most. Always due to getting lazy and coming OTT. I have hit a few hooks from a WAY flat plane, but not very often. The nice thing is that a good swing is very predictable in terms of distance and accuracy.

well, I have been reading in the Di11 testing thread that PING took a big hit today because the testers are selling their PINGS and well, Cleveland is no longer in my bag. I sold them yesterday to a coworker. I was going to put them on THP but when he saw my TM CB's his first question was about my Cleveland BP's. SO, I sold them and it was a great decision. I had a good long talk with my TM CB's about how we will be together for a LONG time. I am a good cuddler, I listen well, and I am sensitive. I think this is going to be a great relationship!! I love you TM CB's!!

Okay I don't understand this. Now I guess I'm being told not to post unless i have 2 full sentences... This is getting rediculous fellas. What gives all you guys the right to tell me what I can and cannot post. If any of you have seen what I have been posting and learning since the scuffle last night you would see that I am trying hard to be an active member of the THP community. So, in my opinion, i will put in my .02 worth any time I want and use as many words as i like. To those of you who have been civil, this was not meant for you. Again, I truely am enjoying reading and learning more about the game I love so much!

It looks like there is a weight on the back of the club... Am I seeing things??? Can anyone confirm that those are weights? Sorry I haven't read all the posts to this thread there are 11 pages...

It looks like there is a weight on the back of the club... Am I seeing things??? Can anyone confirm that those are weights? Sorry I haven't read all the posts to this thread there are 11 pages...

JT,
Those are weight ports that you are seeing. Each of the new TP irons (CBs, MCs, MBs) have them incorporated into the design of the cavity/back. While we all have a little different idea about them, I think most of the testers have come to realize that they are not purely decoration and they are, in some way, contributing to the feel/balance of the club.

I would say that on the MCs, the weight doesn't stand out as much in person as it does in the photos. I don't even notice them anymore until someone else mentions it. I have not seen the CBs in person so I can not comment on those. You can, however, find the other 3 threads with a quick forum search.

are they interchangeable?? I mean say there was a 1 gram weight in it. could you change it to a 10 gram? And how do you think this would affect the flight of the ball. I know on my r7 driver when I switch them it changes right to left or vice versus. But a heaver weight in the middle would make the ball fly higher wouldn't it? If so, that would be useful to have if you needed to hit over a 150' tree... LOL

are they interchangeable?? I mean say there was a 1 gram weight in it. could you change it to a 10 gram? And how do you think this would affect the flight of the ball. I know on my r7 driver when I switch them it changes right to left or vice versus. But a heaver weight in the middle would make the ball fly higher wouldn't it? If so, that would be useful to have if you needed to hit over a 150' tree... LOL

They are not. While they look like the TM wrench would fit into the weight, there is a metal post blocking it.

Spoiler
IMG_0409.jpg

My personal feeling is that each weight is specific to each iron, and designed to balance the swing weight along the set. I can not imagine they are interchangeable or adjustable.

They are not. While they look like the TM wrench would fit into the weight, there is a metal post blocking it.

Spoiler
IMG_0409.jpg

My personal feeling is that each weight is specific to each iron, and designed to balance the swing weight along the set. I can not imagine they are interchangeable or adjustable.

They look amazing either way. I'm sure if it was benefical to be able to put heavier weights in, they would have done so. Or I guess that could be their next upgrade... Now that's an idea.

Back