Callaway RAZR Hawk & Octane Drivers Explained

Thats sweet, I'm sure you too will be a match made in heaven. Did you let the CB's know that it is just not meant to be?

What are CB's? lol

Razr X Tours baby!

I've also heard that the Razr Hawk 3w is beastly, but I've got JB telling me how awesome the Octane 3w is. Oh, what an incredible decision to have to make.

What are CB's? lol

Razr X Tours baby!

I've also heard that the Razr Hawk 3w is beastly, but I've got JB telling me how awesome the Octane 3w is. Oh, what an incredible decision to have to make.

Better do your research. Remember you dont have to beat Biggsy at the long game, just keep up. We know once your within 100' its over.

What are CB's? lol

Razr X Tours baby!

I've actually been thinking about that, we are all talking about mashies replacing our F/W's and now if you get into this as you already are of course Cap'n, are you going to go maybe just a Razr 3 hybrid, and a 3 wood, or perhaps, a razr hawk tour 2 hybrid? GOing to be a tough decition, fun though.

I've actually been thinking about that, we are all talking about mashies replacing our F/W's and now if you get into this as you already are of course Cap'n, are you going to go maybe just a Razr 3 hybrid, and a 3 wood, or perhaps, a razr hawk tour 2 hybrid? GOing to be a tough decition, fun though.

I'll more than likely be bagging a 3wood for this event, the question is: which one? I've seen JB rope the Octane 3w and I have yet to see a Razr Hawk 3w in person so I don't know. The one thing that I like a lot about the Razr X tour irons is that they are very similarly lofted to the 2.0's so the transition should be much easier. I know very little about either hybrids. Hopefully there will be some at the outing, that would be great!

I'll more than likely be bagging a 3wood for this event, the question is: which one? I've seen JB rope the Octane 3w and I have yet to see a Razr Hawk 3w in person so I don't know. The one thing that I like a lot about the Razr X tour irons is that they are very similarly lofted to the 2.0's so the transition should be much easier. I know very little about either hybrids. Hopefully there will be some at the outing, that would be great!

Tough but great calls. For everyone that gets into this and becomes a Callaway staffer, its got to change the way you view the outing. Instead of spending your time demoing everything, you will probably start getting yourself all set with what Cally gear you will want to game.

Yeah thinking about ordering a Razr Hawk Tour driver now. I knew I should hit that at Demo Day. Maybe someone will want my 910 driver. :D

Played yesterday with the RAZR Hawk and loved it. I think for me its the sound more than anything. I was getting good distance and nice ball flight. Looking forward to continuing the testing and it will be played today on one 9 and the R11 will be played on the other.

I also like the sound a lot JB....it's definitely unique, but when you hit one on the button, it does have that nice R9 "ting" to it, at least IMO.

I like the sound a lot but there was just something about how the ball seemed to pop off the face of this thing. I've never really been able to feel the ball interaction with a face quite like this before, it just pops and goes like nothing I've used. I cannot wait to demo it again soon.

Spent the morning playing golf with the RAZR Hawk in my bag. Lets just say that it is possible that it is a contender this year. This driver has one of the best sounds I have ever heard on a driver which just translates to incredible feel.

I would have to try it with my "playing" shaft because, while in the minority, I just dont love the RIP shaft, but the results were there today for sure.

what about the shaft don't you like?
Spent the morning playing golf with the RAZR Hawk in my bag. Lets just say that it is possible that it is a contender this year. This driver has one of the best sounds I have ever heard on a driver which just translates to incredible feel.

I would have to try it with my "playing" shaft because, while in the minority, I just dont love the RIP shaft, but the results were there today for sure.

what about the shaft don't you like?

I didnt really struggle with the performance and really never have with the shaft. It is something I struggle putting into words, but I just do not care for the feel at all. I know it is the trendy shaft and has been for the last 8 months or so and everybody was going crazy over it. I think its great that it works for so many, but for me, I like to really have something that is incredibly smooth and this one just does not compare to the other two I have played over the last 12 months.

But performance is what matters and it does work quite well in this driver head.

having played with you a few times, it's sounds like you just don't feel the shaft 'working' for you like you're used to and not getting the most out of the club as you feel you probably should be. make sense?

This must be a serious stick.....contender even with the Srixon already in the bag? Nutty

I didnt really struggle with the performance and really never have with the shaft. It is something I struggle putting into words, but I just do not care for the feel at all. I know it is the trendy shaft and has been for the last 8 months or so and everybody was going crazy over it. I think its great that it works for so many, but for me, I like to really have something that is incredibly smooth and this one just does not compare to the other two I have played over the last 12 months.

But performance is what matters and it does work quite well in this driver head.

Thats strong. Lots of good things being said about this driver. Does the RIP feel "boardy" to you?

having played with you a few times, it's sounds like you just don't feel the shaft 'working' for you like you're used to and not getting the most out of the club as you feel you probably should be. make sense?

This must be a serious stick.....contender even with the Srixon already in the bag? Nutty

I really think it is working for me, I just dont care for the feel if that makes sense.

Thats strong. Lots of good things being said about this driver. Does the RIP feel "boardy" to you?

It really doesn't. I just think it feels kind of harsh in comparison to the original ATTAS or Miyazaki.

This will be the first club I reach for when the drivers come out to play at the THP Demo Day in May. I haven't stopped thinking about hitting it again since my very brief trial with it in January.

JB have you been able to hit the RAZR Hawk 3W yet?

Outdoor demo day for Callaway today.... Had about an hour and a half so decided to head to the first Callaway outdoor demo day in the area and took my driver with me for comparison.
I wasn't getting fitted, so I don't know the numbers but it was surely interesting comparing my current FT-9 Tour to the Razr Hawk.
I initially tried the non tour 9.5 stiff and unlike the previous launch monitor demos, I was hitting hooks with all my drives, which caught me by surprise. Also hit a couple a little high on the face. So the pro gave me the Tour version 9.5 stiff, and it was straight and I was actually carrying the drives a little further. I guess the current open face of my driver has me used to the open face. So at this point, I can say the Tour fits me better.
However, I still feel the non-tour shaft is a little smoother, and both clubs are real bombers and sounds fantastic. When you hit it flush, you can really feel the ball crushed.
At the end of the day, I was hitting the Razr Hawks about 10 yards longer than my current driver, and they definitely sound better.
So far, I think Razr Hawks are the best driver heads for 2011, I just want to try a Miyazaki in it!
Now the question is, is 10 yards worth another $400 and how will the Cleveland and Srixon drivers perform outside.

Great stuff Ryan. I think the Razr Hawk is a huge hit with everyone who has hit it. I hit both as you have and as higher spin player with the driver the tour fit me much better, but I have not hit it outdoors yet. Thanks for the good update.

How is the launch angle on the regular RH? All the reviews I have read so far seem to indicate that the ball flight has a piercing trajectory and was wondering if players should consider a higher loft than they normally play.

How is the launch angle on the regular RH? All the reviews I have read so far seem to indicate that the ball flight has a piercing trajectory and was wondering if players should consider a higher loft than they normally play.

Based purely on what I was seeing today (no numbers) I would continue to play the same loft. The ball continues to climb to an ideal height and stays there for a while before dropping. So it is piecing but not low like when "I" hit a Titleist driver. I am coming from a Callaway driver and would hit 9 or 9.5 with say a Burner 2.0 or R11, but I would definitely hit 10.5 with Titleist 909.

BUT, most importantly, I would get fitted.

I went to get my pool water tested yesterday and I was chatting about golf with him (I chat about golf with everyone) and he was going on and on about how great the new Callaway RAZR Hawk driver is. This driver is getting so much buzz not only on the tour but by the general consumer too.

I went to get my pool water tested yesterday and I was chatting about golf with him (I chat about golf with everyone) and he was going on and on about how great the new Callaway RAZR Hawk driver is. This driver is getting so much buzz not only on the tour but by the general consumer too.

It's a very deserving buzz in my opinion.

JB, I kind of feel what you're talking about with the RIP shaft. It doesn't have a wow factor nor is it as easy on the hands as the Miyazaki, but paired with this head, it flat out works.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I hit this one at PGA SS along with a Cleveland. Liked the feel quite a bit. The best part to me was the forgiveness. I know I was nt hitting the sweetspot and I was still hitting the ball a good amount. I was losing about 10 yards or so on hits towards the toe. The ball flight on the sim was still fairly straight and i didnt lose the slice that much to the right. Good feeling driver that was forgiving on my mishits. I couldnt feel the shaft doing much but results were there. It was more obvious going from the RIP shafted club to a Miyazaki shafted club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back