Bag for push cart - advice needed

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all - did some searching and looking through the reviews section but not really finding what I am looking for.

I have a ClicGear 3.0 and would like to get a new bag. Currently have a Datrek cart bag which is ok, but nothing special. Here are my requirements:

- 14 way club splitter with full length shaft protection
- More storage space than I currently have

Any reviews of what you have and what you think is definitely appreciated; just want to ensure that when I make this purchase it is a good one.

Note: last visit to my local store and the best fit seemed to be the Callaway Org. 14.

Thanks THP crew!

I just bought a Taylormade Monaco SL, not the new 3.0. 14 club dividers, and a ton of space, kinda of like a small tour bag. I love it and it fits perfectly on my 2.0 clicgear with no problems at all. Got it for $80 from Hurricane Golf.

Hi all - did some searching and looking through the reviews section but not really finding what I am looking for.

I have a ClicGear 3.0 and would like to get a new bag. Currently have a Datrek cart bag which is ok, but nothing special. Here are my requirements:

- 14 way club splitter with full length shaft protection
- More storage space than I currently have

Any reviews of what you have and what you think is definitely appreciated; just want to ensure that when I make this purchase it is a good one.

Note: last visit to my local store and the best fit seemed to be the Callaway Org. 14.

Thanks THP crew!

I am not sure how it would fit on the ClicGear, but I just recently bought the Callaway Org 14 Sport, and I highly recommend the bag. Tons of pockets and space. I have to admit that the huge cooler with a drain was the main reason I bought it, but I am really amazed at the features and space it has.

Thanks to both of you for the feedback thus far. WAPS - I saw the cooler as well when checking them out - great feature. Don't drink alcohol when playing but would be great to stash some water/gatorade in there when walking in the TX summer heat.

I have the 3.0 and have had both the Ogio Atlas and the Ogio Sultan on it. The Atlas is a 2008-2009 bag I think so they are hard to find. Huge storage, segregated wet dry section, 15 full length dividers. a separate putter well and a separate specialty club well. All in, 17 separate club wells and tons of storage space. It is a heavy bag but if you are carting who cares. Biggest downside is that some of the fabric walls do not extend all the way out and a couple of your clubs can get a little tangled if you are not careful.

Sultan is now a 14 separate well bag. It is much lighter than the Atlas, has a bit less storage space and no separate putter well. I think that is the biggest downside of the Sultan. However they both fit on the 3.0 and are great bags.

Sun Mountain MCB or Last Years C-130. MCB holds a lot, the C130 holds a planeload. I got rid of my C-130 cause I carry way too much when I use it. Plus both have a putter slot so you can carry 15 clubs if needed.

Both can hold at least 2 20 ounce bottles in an external pocket that has drip holes. If I didnt carry rain gear I could get a case of beer in the C-130's pockets. (Overkill, I know)

I use both on a ClicGear 3

I use and like the Sun Mountain SCB Deluxe. It's a bit smaller than some others, but I like that. It's designed to be used in a push cart, but also works well as a normal cart bag. Because it is designed to be used in a push cart (specifically the Sun Mountain Speed Cart, but that's not what I use it in), the way the top is angled is more like a stand bag than a cart bag. This mean the clubs sit/hang better when used in a push cart, providing better access and visibility to all the clubs in the bag. Standard cart bags have the top angled so that it ends up being horizontal when put in a push cart and the clubs just don't sit as well.

Quoting from the Sun Mountain site:
Features:
  • new for 2011 is the 15-way top with individual full-length dividers and integrated putter tube and the bottom molded to fit over the lower bag rest of the Speed Cart
  • there are nine pockets including a velour-lined valuables pocket, an insulated cooler pouch, 2 full-length clothing pockets, a ball pocket with two-way zippers for ease of use and multiple accessory pockets
  • other features include dual pen holders and a matching rainhood

I have that cart and use a Bag Boy Revolver. Didn't think the spinny top would be a big deal, but it is super nice to have on a push cart. Not sure on the volume of junk I can carry, but I have never run out of space. Plus, once those clubs are snug in their slots you can have a very very quiet walk to your ball. Kinda nice.

have you guys ever experienced any bag that is too big for the clicgear 3.0? Also thinking about buying a new bag, just not sure how big I can go on my cg3.0

Email Clicgear with the bag you have in mind. They are responsive.

Thanks all for the great feedback; I have lots more research to do now!

Just saw another post and it sparked my curiousity about something. How many of you use a carry bag with your push cart? That would be a nice benefit when at the range or at the practice greens at the range where there are not any bag stands while practicing. Do not like having to lay my bag down on the ground and then pick it up to switch out clubs, etc.

If anyone is using a stand bag and it's working well, any of them having the 14 full length dividers with adequate storage?

Guessing I am asking for the benefits of everything available rolled into one and that may not be practical.

I have the PING Pioneer LC cart bag and love it - works well with the sun mountain v2 speed cart

I can vouch for the Sun Mountain MCB. It's a very good bag and works with many carts.

Been using a BagBoy Revolver since I started golfing 4 years ago. I play over 100 rounds a year and probably walk 90 percent of thiem. My BagBoy is still in terrific shape, highly recommend them. No problems with zippers or seams. The new ones have a cooler that is detachable. Plus, they have the clip locks for your clubs so you don't have any "bag chatter" while you're strolling around the course.

I like the Sun Mountain SCB Deluxe on my ClicGear cart. It is designed so that the pockets are accessible from the top/front. Features include: a large pocket and two small pockets on each side, a putter tube, and you can snap the strap off and get it out of the way. The dividers work very well for my midsized grips and the putter tube is large enough for my oversized putter grip.

The bag I use is the BagBoy revolver. It fits on my push cart just fine. The clubs rotate to me as I need them. The bag also has to insulated pockets for a cold beverage or two for the round. :act-up:

Sun Mountain and go light. These days, most stand bags will even work on a push cart, plus gives you options if you wanted to carry to get a little more of a workout. My father-in-law does this.

Back