Sweet Spot Finder/Marker

zelmo

Reaction score
Handicap
Greetings THP community - I call upon your vast knowledge with a question about ball sweet spot markers, specifically, the Technosonic Check-go pro sweet spot finder. Has anyone tried one of these, and does it work, or is it just more hype and hooey to make me part with my hard-earned beer money? Many Thanks - Z

Moved this over to the training aids section.

Sweet spot finders were popular in the days of wound core and balata cover golf balls. With today's solid core golf ball, I'm not sure there is much need for one of these....just my .02....

Thanks, Dave - Your .02 probably saved me 24.95. The next one's on me.

You're welcome....I was in the pro shop yesterday at my club and happened to catch part of a conversation about sweet spot finders (didn't know what they were until yesterday afternoon!). My teaching pro was the one who told me they weren't much use today....

The real reason they're not much use is because there's only two times you can touch your golf ball. Off the tee and on the green. If you have it in your mind that you need to hit the sweet spot to be successful, then what are you going to do mentally, when standing over your 2nd or 3rd shot from the fairway?

The real reason they're not much use is because there's only two times you can touch your golf ball. Off the tee and on the green. If you have it in your mind that you need to hit the sweet spot to be successful, then what are you going to do mentally, when standing over your 2nd or 3rd shot from the fairway?

Yea i would hope with the technology today that the sweet spot is dead center of the ball. But what do i know.

Thanks for the Info. I was looking at them as well. Now I can buy more balls with the money I saved.

I read not too long ago on this sight, that someone used it to find the sweet spot, then used the exact same ball againg, and it was in a different place. Just goes to show you ball technology, (or lack of sweet spot finder technology.)

Trust me they work especially for putting

I think I saw something on this earlier but I'll chime in anyway.

Another way to find the sweetspot is to add salt to a glass of water until your ball floats. It will bob to the surface with the heavy spot on the bottom. Mark the top as it floats and spin the ball in the same water. If the spot rises to the top you have an unbalanced ball and you have found the sweet spot. If another part of the ball rises to the top you have a balanced ball and the sweetspot is in the center.

Back