Any motorcycle owners out there?

Nice to see there are a few fellow riders out there. And I agree the two wheelers will see more road time as gas prices keep shooting up!

Absolutely, loved filling up tonight for $8.45 :) to bad the service yesterday was $206.

Nice to see there are a few fellow riders out there. And I agree the two wheelers will see more road time as gas prices keep shooting up!

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

oh man... dont get me going on this
dirtbikes/sportbiking/stunting is like one of my love love loves
started off on honda 2 strokes
once i became legal... modding sportbikes and stunting was just the thing to do and man i got the scars to prove it lol
ive ridden just about everything from ninjas to R1's to 916's
I use to own a couple but sold them when my son was born. I liked to ride fast.

I owned Suzuki's, b/c they were easier for me to work on. I owned a 03' SV 650 (my personal favorite), an 05' GSX-R 600 and a 06' GSX-R 750.

I use to hate the BMW ads around at that time, "You don't need a Hibachi to cook Japanese", although it was quite clever.

All my bikes were stripped of the hard parts, then re-painted (black), with no decals. I always put Yoshimura full exhaust systems on as well. Had a power commander in my SV and it was getting around 95 horses to the rear wheel. It was loud too.
i put yosh pipes on all my bikes... love that deep growl when you open it up
1963 Vespa VBB! Old 2-stroke bullet proof engine. That was my main ride when I lived in Cambodia. There was never any traffic in Phnom Penh on the weekends so it was great to bomb around the city on that. I am in the middle of re-registering it for Italy, though I don't think I will drive it nearly as much here.

VBB-01.jpg
that is a pretty vespa... i have quite a few friends that are avid collectors

My GF got me one for Christmas. It's in her sister's garage and I haven't even seen it yet. It needs work so I have another project. The only thing I can remember about it right now is it's a cruiser with hard bags and is an 850. I think it is a Suzuki. I'm a little concerned as I haven't ridden in a couple of decades and nothing that big. I'll have to figure out how much fun it will be once I get it going and take it out for a spin.

I don't know if it is my GF's plot to get rid of me :smile:

Here's my scooter. She's a 2000 custom from the ground up build.
Santee frame...S&S engine with a 4 5/8 stroker kit...Baker 6 speed....lots of power....more Alen Ness chrome than I can list here.
I can't wait for the snow to melt so I can get her out of the garage!

DSCF0913.jpg

Here's my scooter. She's a 2000 custom from the ground up build.
I can't wait for the snow to melt so I can get her out of the garage!

DSCF0913.jpg

Very nice....but I'd hate to have that much chrome to keep polished!!!

I have a Honda Goldwing 1800 and a Kawasaki 1600.

We went for a ride today after golf. 1st of the season.

I have a 94 cbr 600 f2 that I bought new and still have. It still looks awesome too! It only has 7000 miles on it. I don't really ride it much, but can't seem to let it go. I have a picture of it up.

2009 Ducati 848
ducati-1.jpg

2009 Ducati 848
ducati-1.jpg

Nice Duc! I have a good friend that works for them and he keeps trying to talk me into a long weekend of test rides on loaner bikes. I plan to take him up on it this May!!

Rode for years when I was younger in NY and the South Florida....Last bike was an '84 Aspencade Gold Wing....Loved it, until someone rear ended me as I sat at a red light in Florida in '87.....hospital stay with L4 and L5 fractures convinced me to give it up....I still miss riding....Some nice bikes you guys have....

Rode for years when I was younger in NY and the South Florida....Last bike was an '84 Aspencade Gold Wing....Loved it, until someone rear ended me as I sat at a red light in Florida in '87.....hospital stay with L4 and L5 fractures convinced me to give it up....I still miss riding....Some nice bikes you guys have....

Thanks Lindy. I'm sorry to hear about your accident and injury....did you heal up properly? Secondly, where do you play in OBX?

here's my baby... got her last april

09 suzuki gsxr 600

or not... pic isn't working
scaled.php

Last edited:
Very nice....but I'd hate to have that much chrome to keep polished!!!

my 1600 custom has a lot of chrome. its not that hard to keep it looking good. nto as much as i woudl have thought.

I have an '06 Yamaha R1

i have a Suzuki GSXR 600 `08 and my grandfather left me his Suzuki GN 125 `03 and a Kawasaki scorpion 250 `87

I'm jealous of all you who are allowed to ride. My wife has deemed me unable to ride until my children have graduated high school, 16+ years. She says that since I like to top out a car as soon as I get it on the highway, she's afraid I'll do that on a bike as well, even though I just want a cruiser. I think telling her that I topped out a 3000gt on the highway by my house one night before we met planted that thought in her head very early on.

To reallllllly date myself. I used to have a '65 Honda 305 Superhawk when I was in high school. I loved that bike. I had to sell it when I went to college. Now, my wife keeps telling me that we don't have enough life insurance on me to allow me to buy a bike. In fairness, to ride a bike here in the NYC area IS very dangerous. The traffic and drivers don't seem to 'see' riders around here!

But I can still hope!!!! Maybe when I retire and live in a less congested area!

Thanks Lindy. I'm sorry to hear about your accident and injury....did you heal up properly? Secondly, where do you play in OBX?

Healed up pretty good....Still a little pain (more of an annoyance) that would improve if I lost weight...On the OBX, I regularly play at the Pointe and the Carolina Club (they're sister clubs and I buy a yearly pass)...Will sometimes play Nags Head Links and the Currituck Club a couple of times a year, usually in the off season because I refuse to pay over $100 to play golf on courses that aren't worth it....

Healed up pretty good....Still a little pain (more of an annoyance) that would improve if I lost weight...On the OBX, I regularly play at the Pointe and the Carolina Club (they're sister clubs and I buy a yearly pass)...Will sometimes play Nags Head Links and the Currituck Club a couple of times a year, usually in the off season because I refuse to pay over $100 to play golf on courses that aren't worth it....

Glad to hear it's just down to an annoyance!

The Pointe and Carolina club are the two of my favorites in the area. I agree with you about the seasonal prices for OBX. We usually rent a cottage the first week of Oct. every year just to avoid the summer season rates. I spent two summers working there back in my college days...so that still feels like a distant home, even though it has grown so much over the years!

Nice Duc! I have a good friend that works for them and he keeps trying to talk me into a long weekend of test rides on loaner bikes. I plan to take him up on it this May!!

You def should!

So I found these pictures in my THP album a few minutes ago and realized I never posted them here as intended. This was my 3rd and last motorcycle which for some unimaginable reason sold back in 2004. It's a 2000 Honda RC51 (the original year) and is personally autographed by Nicky Hayden and Miguel Duhamel (got those sigs while at the races in NH that year). Here you go...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

whoa... autographed! very nice!

So I found these pictures in my THP album a few minutes ago and realized I never posted them here as intended. This was my 3rd and last motorcycle which for some unimaginable reason sold back in 2004. It's a 2000 Honda RC51 (the original year) and is personally autographed by Nicky Hayden and Miguel Duhamel (got those sigs while at the races in NH that year). Here you go...

Really nice Flooder....to bad you sold it!

Back