Anybody carry less than 14 clubs?

I carry 13 but its because I bought my last set of Irons on craiglist. They were still new in the box, he just kept one... the hybrid 3iron. So I carry a D, 3W, 4/5 hyrbid irons, 6-PW, 50*, 56*, 64* and a putter. I don't love the Slingshot hybrids i have and only recently picked up the 3W.

I can't recall a round where I actually used all 13 clubs either, though I definitely understand and agree with not wanting to be able to have that shot and go to it if necessary.

I'd cary 14 for sure, I've just not gotten around to filling out my bag.

I always carry 14. I dont think its cheating yourself to carry less but I guess I wouldnt do it because I ma allowed 14.

I currently have 13 clubs in my bag. I may just permanently remove my TM 3 wood :sad:

I only have 13 right now. I know I'm kinda cheating myself, but I really don't know what else to carry. Guess if I wanted to put the time and money in, I could experiment with the hybrids and find another to use, but until I get out and actually play, I will stick with my current set up.

I think I have only 13 as well. I don't really have a need for anything else.

14th club in your bag is doubt.
Bahahaha!! I carry 14 although I think it is for work out purposes only. Last round I played at Morgan Creek I think I only needed 4. Driver - SW - LW - putter (and NO that wasn't par!) sometimes I got to use the SW a couple extra times on the same hole!! The club pro that was with us was impressed with my wide use of the golf course and the large vocabulary of expletives!!

used to only carry 13 but recently added the 4-iron back in my bag for a tweener yardage between 220-235

For a full course I take the full 13, if I'm playing one of the executive courses around here I go down to 9 tops, sometimes 7.

I'm at 12 and really don't know where another club would go. After the outing I'll most likely be down to 11.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

I carry all 14. My dad (who i play pretty much every weekend with) carries only 11 with only a PW.

My starter set only had 13 (driver, two woods, 3h, 4-SW, putter). So, that is what I carried for a while, but now I added a gap wedge.

For practice rounds, I sometimes deliberately carry less clubs than I have. For example, I went to the short muni course nearby to work on my short game, and only carried my wedges, a 5 wood and the putter.

I had 13 for a long time. For tournaments, I'd throw in an old lefty 7 iron from the lost & found bin in case I happened to need to hit a shot "backwards". I never needed it but it made for good conversation. Since then, I've always been at 14. If they raised the number to 15, I think I'd just add a 64/65 degree wedge for that "once every 3 rounds" situation that needed a super flop shot.

You need to check out a 73* wedge for the SUper Flop Shot!

I landed at 13 and added a Niblick really just because.

I've got enough to fill a bag for sure. Sometimes it is best to leave the driver in the truck though. That'll drop me to 13, and during a round I may only use 11 of those. Now that I consider it, I could definitely get by with less. This reminds me of a guy I used to know, his motto was "travel light".

i only carry 13 clubs (plus a training club) mostly because i cant afford a 4th wedge

I added a One Putt Wedge and after practicing with it today, I took out 3 of my old wedges. I am now down to 12 clubs. I am considering putting in my old 2 iron.

Didn't realize until my friend pointed it out but for last two years I've been playing 13 clubs and whatever used bin/ eBay reject thats caught my eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone carry less than the maximum number of clubs?

Anyone carry less than the maximum number of clubs?

I've been wondering about this… I recently removed four clubs from my bag ( to save weight and because I didn't really need them. I now only carry one wood, 8 irons, and a putter. Anyone else use a similar setup?

Not regularly, but if I am working on something specific I might take a club out now and then. I figure if they are going to let me use 14, then I'll take advantage of that. Just in case I need that 14th club.

I played 13 clubs for a long time but added a wedge last year going from 52/56 to 50/54/58..

I see no real reason to not carry the full 14 unless you're walking and can't deal with the weight.. Why no driver in your bag?

I've had a 12 club setup in my bag for quite a while now. I wouldn't mind having 1 more though.

usually have 14, but I havent hit my 3H and 4I in so long, its basically 12

I have 13.

I've carried less or had one in the bag that wasn't really there for any reason other than filling out the 14. Right now I have 14.

Back