Tell 3 things about yourself that people on here don't know

Speaking of rasslin' in high school I worked out at Ricky "the dragon" Steamboats gym in charlotte since our schools lifting facility sucked.

I shattered my right femur in 96, ended my football season before it ever started.

I shoot pistols competitively, IDPA. It's great a great aggression release.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

Actually I think it sounds rather clever. Better than the poker game in the middle of the ring they show on tv.

Yeah, I've watched the poker game and that never ends well, lol. As a kid I rode the greased pig, haha, and as a teen I got to ride a few steers, but left it at that.

1. hmmmmmmmmm

2. Zippity Doo Dah Day...

3. Nice!

Awesome!

After reading through everyone's thoughts I figure I'll weigh in with my own.
3. I tore my ACL and meniscus 6-7 years ago from playing intramural flag football. Kinda funny that I never hurt anything when playing full contact football, rugby, sand volleyball, roller hockey, etc. but flag football took me down. The doctor and physical therapist never thought I'd regain full motion since I couldn't contract my quadricep after surgery and had some extremem swelling. That was some good motivation because I completely proved them wrong by getting myself back to 100%. I worked hard during my 17 weeks of rehab and can do everything that I did before the incident.

Dude that sucks! My brother "tore his ACL" (really, his ACL stayed in one piece, but ripped off a chunk of bone] when he was 6, and he just had surgery in December. He's now 24, and it's laid him up for the last couple months. They pulled out two chunks of bone the size of marbles that were all jagged and edgy, and they also repaired his meniscus.

Dude that sucks! My brother "tore his ACL" (really, his ACL stayed in one piece, but ripped off a chunk of bone] when he was 6, and he just had surgery in December. He's now 24, and it's laid him up for the last couple months. They pulled out two chunks of bone the size of marbles that were all jagged and edgy, and they also repaired his meniscus.
They

No doubt, that has to suck.

Dang, that's a long time to be missing that ligament and still function well. Mine pretty much just exploded so there wasn't any damage to the bones other than the drilling the doc had to do.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

?? I feel for your brothers situation. I've never had an acl tear, but hear its pretty ugly and that sounds very bad.

?? I feel for your brothers situation. I've never had an acl tear, but hear its pretty ugly and that sounds very bad.

The "hmmmmmm" kinda a running joke because on a new member's responses on the forum this morning.

The "hmmmmmm" kinda a running joke because on a new member's responses on the forum this morning.

Oh, I missed that. I actually had a small surgery yesterday, so I slept in this AM. Thought I came across wrong some how.

Sorry bud! I was just bandwagoning, many thanks for your thoughts!
He's doing a lot better now, but he couldn't walk AT ALL for a month. He's now onto physio so it's looking like things are getting better!

He's doing a lot better now, but he couldn't walk AT ALL for a month. He's now onto physio so it's looking like things are getting better!

Yea, i had that 6 weeks of no weight bearing on the leg thanks to the meniscus fix. No fun! Glad to hear he's on the road to recovery. You definitely learn who cares about you during that period of time.

I love to read this thread, there are a lot of interesting people... here are 3 for me

1. I live 15 minutes from the ocean, I've been pretty successful at most sports I've played but for the life of me I can't learn how to swim.

2. I will try any kind of food if I get the chance to,

3. I made a birdie my first time golfing ever, I was hooked. I shot 126 but I birdied a hole, hit driver and sculled a PW on a 115 yrd par 3 lol ( I was 12)

No need to be sorry at all buddy. I thought I came across wrong. Glad to hear things are coming along well at this point for him.

Interesting thread, I love all the pro wrestling talk haha.

1) I used to ride bulls in the rodeo, last year my golf season ended in August when I got trampled by a bucking horse and broke my arm.
2) I'm a few months away from finishing my second masters degree, MFA in Photography.
3) I am a 2000 Miler, the summer after graduating high school myself and 3 friends hiked the Appalachian Trail from Maine to Georgia in 6 months.

Interesting thread, I love all the pro wrestling talk haha.

1) I used to ride bulls in the rodeo, last year my golf season ended in August when I got trampled by a bucking horse and broke my arm.
2) I'm a few months away from finishing my second masters degree, MFA in Photography.
3) I am a 2000 Miler, the summer after graduating high school myself and 3 friends hiked the Appalachian Trail from Maine to Georgia in 6 months.

wow, I have had friends that said they were gonna walk the AT but didnt have what it takes

I live on the gulf coast too. Lots of driving to Sebastian, Outer Banks, etc. I guess living here made me travel to a bunch of places in order to surf, so it wasn't that bad. Places I've gone to surf are Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Puerto Escondino (I think that's how you spell it, insanely powerful wave), quite a few breaks in Cali, Australia. I know there are a couple more but I can't recall at the moment. We use to always surf the hurricanes when they would come in too. Fun times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surf travel was always fun and ive been to some scary places just to go surf and take pics lol

i got 3 more
every man in my family has been in the military with the exception of my youngest brother and i

every man in my family cooks better than their spouses/gfs... for some reason the guys are attracted to women who cant cook lol

i can drink beer all day long and and just have a good buzz... but just a lil bit of hard alcohol kills me

I am the exact same for beer Russ. I drank a Mickey of Captains before the bar and maybe had 4 or 5 beers at the bar once (could have been more I just remember I got cut off) and I was just not functional. Hard alcohol just destroys.

1) It's only my first year of university and I have already failed 3 or 4 exams.
2) I recently started bulking up and have developed nasty stretch marks on my triceps from getting big too fast.
3) I am VERY into fashion off the course and on

Last edited:
I have another one:

I will be 31 in August and STILL get carded :good:

I am the exact same for beer Russ. I drank a Mickey of Captains before the bar and maybe had 4 or 5 beers at the bar and I was just not functional. Hard alcohol just destroys.

1) It's only my first year of university and I have already failed 3 or 4 exams.
2) I recently started bulking up and have developed nasty stretch marks on my triceps from getting big too fast.
3) I am VERY into fashion off the course and on

Same here :) Aside from the CAO, I am the best dressed in the office! AND THE BEST dressed on the course!

I never attended the same school two years in a row until my Jr. year of high school. (This included 3 grade sixes, all the same year.)

I have had 36 broken bones, 375 stitches, 5 concussions, 7 knee, 1 ankle and 1 rotator cuff operation, and have had 3 teeth knocked out, (mostly sports related).

I like to watch a good chick flick.

I have had 36 broken bones, 375 stitches, 5 concussions, 7 knee, 1 ankle and 1 rotator cuff operation, and have had 3 teeth knocked out, (mostly sports related).

Wow. Maybe you should try other sports. Or get better at whatever one you have been playing.

Wow. Maybe you should try other sports. Or get better at whatever one you have been playing.

Only sport I can think of that inflicts that much pain would be maybe rugby? Or just too many skydiving fails?

Back