Srixon Z-Star XV, TriSpeed, Soft Feel Golf Balls

So the XV has a lower compression rating then the X's last year? I know I sometimes had compression problems with the X late in the round when I was getting tired last year which really took the stuffing out of the distance.

So the XV has a lower compression rating then the X's last year? I know I sometimes had compression problems with the X late in the round when I was getting tired last year which really took the stuffing out of the distance.

Ya I was told by the Cleveland rep that most of the guys on tour who said they were playing the X were actually playing a pre release version of the XV all year.

Interesting...
Though not exactly heartening given the pro's aren't likely to have the same issues. I wonder if I can get my hands on some of the orange XV's...

If I end up with a box of these at home and my wife has a bird be aware I'm laying the blame firmly at your feet : p

Ya I was told by the Cleveland rep that most of the guys on tour who said they were playing the X were actually playing a pre release version of the XV all year.

Hmmmm. That is not what the survey showed and it is usually pretty accurate.

I will say that MANY of the tour guys have been working with the XV for months now though.

Hmmmm. That is not what the survey showed and it is usually pretty accurate.

I will say that MANY of the tour guys have been working with the XV for months now though.

I can't say at all whether that is true or not, it was just one rep here saying that, he could have been lying or just misinformed.

I can't say at all whether that is true or not, it was just one rep here saying that, he could have been lying or just misinformed.

Yeah I really have no idea either. I know that last year in the survey it would say Z-Star (diamond) because there was no name for the XV yet.

Yeah I really have no idea either. I know that last year in the survey it would say Z-Star (diamond) because there was no name for the XV yet.

That is the word he used "diamond" for the ball, but I don't know how many were actually playing it. I can say however that putting it and chipping it in my office it feels great.

Played 18 holes with the Srixon Tri-Tour today in yellow and came away REALLY impressed. Was not sure going in that I would like it as much as my current ball, but overall it offered nice flight, good distance, and was quite good around the greens.

I found the distance comparable to my B330-RX and was very surprised by that. It did launch slightly higher off the tee for me (which I liked).

Had no problem stopping them around the greens and spun a few back when I tried to.

Overall I came away far more impressed than I expected.

Played 18 holes with the Srixon Tri-Tour today in yellow and came away REALLY impressed. Was not sure going in that I would like it as much as my current ball, but overall it offered nice flight, good distance, and was quite good around the greens.

I found the distance comparable to my B330-RX and was very surprised by that. It did launch slightly higher off the tee for me (which I liked).

Had no problem stopping them around the greens and spun a few back when I tried to.

Overall I came away far more impressed than I expected.

Thats great JB I'm really interested in this ball. Did you hit the new XV or Z-star at all?

Thats great JB I'm really interested in this ball. Did you hit the new XV or Z-star at all?

Not yet. That is coming up this week.

That is intriguing. Last years models, if you compare the two there was an overlap in SS suggestions. zstar was something like 95-110 and the zstar x was 105+ I think. I wonder if they lowered the compression on the zstar as well? I absolutly swear by the zstar for its soft feel, durability and spin, even though I knew I was losing a little distance compared to the zstarx

That is intriguing. Last years models, if you compare the two there was an overlap in SS suggestions. zstar was something like 95-110 and the zstar x was 105+ I think. I wonder if they lowered the compression on the zstar as well? I absolutly swear by the zstar for its soft feel, durability and spin, even though I knew I was losing a little distance compared to the zstarx

i agree, the zstar is my ball of choice, hard to beat all 3 things you listed. Its still long but just not as long as the X

I've been curious about the Trispeed Tour, but haven't gotten around to picking up any to try them out. With them in the tour yellow, I'm going to have to pick some up once I've burned up my remaining e7's, e6 yellows, and Z-Star tour yellows. I'll be curious to see how they compare to the Bridgestone e-Series.

I've been curious about the Trispeed Tour, but haven't gotten around to picking up any to try them out. With them in the tour yellow, I'm going to have to pick some up once I've burned up my remaining e7's, e6 yellows, and Z-Star tour yellows. I'll be curious to see how they compare to the Bridgestone e-Series.

I am in the same camp. Wondering how they compare to the E6. Ill try them on my next buy. now that iI can get them in yellow. Ill play my next Yellow vs Orange round wtih one if I can get it.

I played The Z-star XV yesterday every second hole against last years z-star. Some quick thoughts on the ball, its long off the tee, really long actually with a lower ball flight than the Z-star, it felt great off the driver and just flew forever. Off the irons I perfered the feel of the Z-star, you could just tell that the XV was a little higher compression, but it didn't feel bad. Chipping, pitching and putting they felt very similar to me with the spin you would expect from a Urethane covered ball. Ball rolled true and you could get it to check on chips and pitches really quickly. Overall I liked the ball especially off the tee where it excelled, but I don't think it will be my gamer for the next year.

LOVE the XV. Very, very long, but it stops for me on the green and most importantly for me it putts very well.

Any feedback on Srixon ZSTAR XV TOUR White/Yellow ball?

Any feedback on Srixon ZSTAR XV TOUR White/Yellow ball?

Well it's a little late to ask what everyone thinks of this ball since I have 6 dozen coming but still like you hear your option if you have been able to try this ball. I loved yellow color of the Bridgestone balls I have been able to test through THP but I need a ball with little more spin around the greens. I just find the color a lot easier to track and find that normal white ball. I saw this and jumped at chance to try some.

http://www.srixon.com/index.php?&fu...e=ballDetails.html&oid=BALLSLIST:4lm2gtccv529

http://www.srixon.com/index.php?&fu...e=ballDetails.html&oid=BALLSLIST:4lm2e67b3obg

merged this with a larger thread on the new line of golf balls.

Sorry JB I did search and didn't find one and then searched another phrase and popped up after the fact!

No worries, hopefully some chime in. I am testing the XV this weekend and will have feedback after that.

Both my playing partner and I played these today (Z-Star and Z-Star XV) each for 9 holes. Both of us came away liking them more and more. The Z-Star is definitely the spinnier of the two both around the greens and off the tee, it is also the easier of the two to compress off the tee and gave me more distance and him less distance (fast SS).

The one thing I want to comment on is the incredible sound that we both enjoyed from the Z-Star off the putter. It is a deeper sound that I remember and one that gives off the impression of an even softer feel. Great performance all around and a premium ball people should really consider.

When you say off the tee that means off the driver as well? I'm becoming a srixon fan and am curious about the new release, but can't handle a high spin ball off a driver yet.

Edit. That wasn't clear at all, what I meant was are you seeing more spin relative to height or side to side movement.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I played the XV for about 3 rounds and it is a great ball but not for me, I lost a lot of distance off the tee, but it is a great feeling ball off the wedges and putter.

Our local Cleveland rep gave me a couple of sleeves of the Z Star XV and I played them for 1.5 rounds now and they are a fantastic ball. I prefer the XV over the regular Z Star that I used to play. These are long off the tee and I find that they spin very well and are really soft around the greens. Right now my favorite balls would be the Penta TP, Z Star XV, and the B330 RXs in that order. I am think ing that I should try the B330 and see how I like that one. But these Z Stars are great balls. He gave me some white and some yellow ones. I am not a big fan of the yellow balls, but since testing the yellow RX and now these, the yellow is starting to grow on me. The yellow on the Z Star is quite a bit brighter than the yellow on the bridgestones. Very fluorescent. One comment on yellow balls. I find that they are generally pretty easy to see and find if needs be. However, if you are looking towards the sun (later in the day), looking for your ball in the ruff, the yellow is actually almost impossible to see. I almost walked over my ball two different times. It wasn't until I was looking back at the ball that I was finally able to see it.

Both my playing partner and I played these today (Z-Star and Z-Star XV) each for 9 holes. Both of us came away liking them more and more. The Z-Star is definitely the spinnier of the two both around the greens and off the tee, it is also the easier of the two to compress off the tee and gave me more distance and him less distance (fast SS).

The one thing I want to comment on is the incredible sound that we both enjoyed from the Z-Star off the putter. It is a deeper sound that I remember and one that gives off the impression of an even softer feel. Great performance all around and a premium ball people should really consider.

Glad you like them JB, the Zstar is my number 1 ball, just picked up a dozen B330RX Yellow to test against the Zstar Yellow.

Back