Need push cart advice

Never tipped mine. I can even send it down a hill and it rolls well on it's own, even half on cart path half off. A couple of times I thought it was gonna tip, but it corrected itself just fine.
Mine included a steep hill, a sunken sprinkler box on the right wheel, and a 6 inch curb on the left. It almost stayed upright too. Any other push cart I ever had would have gone over easily.

I have a Sun Mountain microcart and I like it quite a bit. It is a bit harder to push than a 3 wheeler but I don't mind the additional exercise.

I have a Sun Mountain MicroCart and it is awesome. My wife also has a ClicGear (1.0 I think) and it is wicked as well. Given the choice between the 2 I have to give it to the ClicGear as it is more sturdy and easier to push. I used to have a Sun Mountain 3 wheeler, and I traded it for the MicroCart. THe Microcart is a great piece of gear as well, it folds up in about 2 seconds and is much smaller than either the ClicGear or the old 3 wheel Sun Mountain.

We actually have a hook designed for the ClicGear so that it hangs on the wall in the garage. IMHO you can't go wrong with either the Micro or the ClicGear. If space is a concern go Micro, if not go ClicGear.

I have one of the first Sun Mountain pushcarts, which is a great. The only thing that I do not like is the pump up tires. The factory said that there is a wheel kit that has non-pump up tires but I am not sure I want to spend the $80 for the kit. This spring I will price out new carts locally to see if I can get a discount before I buy a wheel kit.

I have friends that have a mixture of Sun Mountain and ClicGear carts and they all swear by the ones they have. I do not think you can go wrong with ether one. It might just come down to price.

Last edited:
IMO Sun Mountain makes the best push carts. The new ones now have foam wheels so u don't have to worry about filling up the tires with air all the time.

I bought the SM 2 yrs ago, but have a real problem in that the weight of the bag with clubs has the weight behind the rear tires making it tip backwards really easily. I bought a specific cart bag (Ogio) and no change. I'm a bit surprised that this hasnt showed up on this thread, which makes me wonder if I've got it wrong somehow. I went into Golf Galaxy and showed them the prob, there were uninterested in helping me out.( I now shop at Golfsmith). I intend to contact Sun Mountain's customer dept, but wonder if others experience the same thing?

I initially bought the Sun Mountain Micro Cart (4-wheeler), and it did not hold a stand bag very well. I also felt that the handle / pushing would have been a little more difficult.

I returned it.

I have a Clic-Gear clone from tgw.com. It is a CaddyTek 13.5 that has done great. You can get them for around $110. I don't walk all the time, but it has been very easy to operate and has some good features. It is bulkier than others, but I have a truck, so that was not a major concern.

Sun Mountain v2 speed cart - It's treated me very well

Love the Clicgear 3.0 easy to break down and put in your car for travel. The tires are foam just like the SM but I like the clicgear better because of the 3 wheels it really does make a difference when your maneuvering around the greens. Plus if you want to go cart crazy they have all sorts of accessories for it.

I bought the SM 2 yrs ago, but have a real problem in that the weight of the bag with clubs has the weight behind the rear tires making it tip backwards really easily. I bought a specific cart bag (Ogio) and no change. I'm a bit surprised that this hasnt showed up on this thread, which makes me wonder if I've got it wrong somehow. I went into Golf Galaxy and showed them the prob, there were uninterested in helping me out.( I now shop at Golfsmith). I intend to contact Sun Mountain's customer dept, but wonder if others experience the same thing?

Never had that issue with my SM. Is the rest that the bag sits on slid all the way down just above the front tire? Is the frame folded in all the way after unfolding? Bout all I can think of.

I bought my ClicGear 2.0 in June '09, and it has about 60 rounds on it. Still good as new and I love the "Transformer" aspect. Makes it really easy to toss in the back and leaves plenty of room for everything else.

EDIT: Oh, and it takes less than 20 seconds to either set up or take down. Never tried to time how fast I could do it. We should have a Clicgear "pitstop" timing competition. :tongue:

I don't have a bad back, but I don't plan on getting it that way either. I made the plunge into a CG 3.0 and absolutely love it! Did tip it over once, but I shoulda saw it coming! Anyway, when I put it back upright everything was still perfectly in place. My drink even stayed in the holder!!! Powder coat comes off a bit easier than advertised in places where the legs extend. Also you might have to tighten up the break when you first get it because mine kept coming loose. Don't let the little things deter you though. I had a Sun Mountain cart for about a week and it was a fairly good cart. Just not good enough for me not to change over to the CG. I haven't looked back.

CG 3.0 all the way. Rugged, stable, and well engineered. Console area is well thought out. Breaks down to a small package and many colors available.

I have the clic-gear 2.0 for almost 2 years and it still looks new. Works great!

I read reviews all over the net and decided on the CG 3.0
Should be here by Friday....
This will be my first venture into push carts..(I carry)..but it looks like I may have actually gotten something right the first time around....

I have the Sun Mountain Micro Cart and love it with one exception that was mentioned above. The MC is designed for the SM Micro Cart Bag (MCB) and other bags do not stay on it very well. I bought a new Ping bag not realizing that the MC had a triangular bag rest. The Ping bag twisted constantly and became quickly frustrating. I wrote to SM and they said that only the MCB was made for the cart. They sent me two bungee straps but that really did little to help. However, I like the cart so much I sold my Ping bag to my brother and bought the MCB. I'm still disappointed with SM for not clearly stating their cart and bag went together and other bags wouldn't rest properly on the cart. Oh well, I am still pushing my MC and will get over my upset soon.

Tust me Bama, you'll like it.

Tust me Bama, you'll like it.

With what I have been reading on this board as well as reviews elswhere, it looks like I just might.....

thanks

Have you given it a try yet? I am interested in upgrading my old Pull cart

I have a Cadie TM-301 2 Wheel Cart and I love it! ... There isn't anything fancy about it at all but it does the trick and navigates easily through the course.

Just wanted to let you all know I decided to go with the Clicgear 3.0 and I'm going with the white version, there's something about the white wheels I just like. Maybe it's because I'm infatuated with the Ghost stuff!! I'll be sure to post pics once it arrives.

Just wanted to let you all know I decided to go with the Clicgear 3.0 and I'm going with the white version, there's something about the white wheels I just like. Maybe it's because I'm infatuated with the Ghost stuff!! I'll be sure to post pics once it arrives.

I actually had some gift certificates to use up so I picked up a silver one they had in stock, still just as nice, can't wait to take it to the course!

Anyone try the Tour Trek-one click?
http://www.golfsmith.com/products/306575/Tour_Trek/One-Click_Collapsible_Push_Cart
It looks like it got some great reviews.
I am just wondering what the differences in the Clic 3 and Tour Trek are?
Thanks
At first glance they look pretty similar, the one thing I did notice while comparing the clicgear to some sun mountain products was the construction, the materials used and the way they are put together are just more durable and stronger on the clicgear. But I haven't seen the tour trek in person though.

Back