Drinking while playing

I never drink on the course. I find that it dulls my senses and causes me to not be as focused. Im all for tipping back a few dozen in the clubhouse after my round though!
For me, its always a Wisconsin beer such as Miller, Leinenkugel's, New Glarus or Capital Brewery.

+2. I rarely drink so it is even rarer for me to drink on the course. I have a beer from time to time after a round but never during.

+3, I want to play well when I'm out there and it just doesn't help me. If it is just a fun round with buddies I haven't seen for a while then thats a different story.

Naturally I don't drink on or off the course. I tend to avoid playing with people who drink as well. Alcohol smells bad, and I don't feel like putting up with it for 4 hours

I don't drink at all, but I chimed in to say that I don't mind my playing partners having a drink or 2 but I do not want to play with a drunken player.
This is where I'm at too. If guys are more concerned with getting hammered than playing their round I'll usually play ahead or seperate politely. I don't do drama well.

I stopped drinking on the course because of how it was affecting my playing partners. Alcohol sharpens my golf skills to such an extent that those competing with me lose their will to win. I also would become so attractive and charming, the young ladies driving the beverage carts would forgo their duties, and essentially follow my group around the course. This not only became a distraction for those in my group, but was unfair to other thirsty golfers.

Eventually, it became difficult for me to find a game, so now I don't even bother.

Kevin

I bring a Diet Coke with me to start, then go to water. I might have a beer at the turn if it's hot. But then I go back to the water.

I like mountian dew and water on the course. I rarely drink on course. I might have a few beers during a 4 man captain's choice every now and then.

If it's a round with buddies I haven't seen in a while, I'll probably have a few beers. But if I'm trying to work on my game, no way. It throws me way off.

I dont mind having a drink or two on the course. But I am there to play golf and not get drunk. I don't have much fun being paired up with individuals who try make there beer count equal there score card. After the round go get ripped but stay off the roads please.

I dont mind having a drink or two on the course. But I am there to play golf and not get drunk. I don't have much fun being paired up with individuals who try make there beer count equal there score card. After the round go get ripped but stay off the roads please.
This is my concern. Watching a guy who cant make a 2' putt at the end of a round. Then throw his clubs in the truck and go tearing off just scares me. I must be getting old, I know.

I don't drink on course. A couple beers or a Meyers rum with diet coke afterwards with friends is fun, though!

I stopped drinking on the course because of how it was affecting my playing partners. Alcohol sharpens my golf skills to such an extent that those competing with me lose their will to win. I also would become so attractive and charming, the young ladies driving the beverage carts would forgo their duties, and essentially follow my group around the course. This not only became a distraction for those in my group, but was unfair to other thirsty golfers.

Eventually, it became difficult for me to find a game, so now I don't even bother.

Kevin

I think I just cracked a rib laughing too hard :laughing::rofl::D:thumb:

I used to, but now i won't drink on the course, ever.

I stopped because it messes with my concentration on the course; One day in a friendly round when I hadn't drank while golfing in nearly a year or so, i had a beer in between holes 5 and 6 on my home course (with number 6 being a fairly easy par 5 with out of bounce to the right, i hadn't hit a bad drive there in a month and a half), promptly sliced two out of bounce into the woods. I took it as a sign, no booze on the course for this guy.

i dont drink on the course unless someone buys and even thats a rarity
unless im playing really bad and we end up on a packed course during a 6hr round... then the beer cart doesnt loop around enough
usually tho its drinks at the 19th during the summer and if im playing with buddies

Yep..........

water

I have before, and I don't plan on it again. I will have a round or two after though.

I rarely drink on the course. I usually have 6-8 bottles of water in my soft cooler. Although, one buddy and I might on a hot day split a six pack for the entire 18. But I mostly limit my drinking to the 19th hole.

No matter what gets drinkened on the course, do the drinkers buy what they drink from the golf course or bring their own drinking materials? Water, beer, soda, flagons of mead, whatever the drink may be? Do you BYODs or buy them onsite?

Kevin

byob, i'm not paying out the nose for water

No matter what gets drinkened on the course, do the drinkers buy what they drink from the golf course or bring their own drinking materials? Water, beer, soda, flagons of mead, whatever the drink may be? Do you BYODs or buy them onsite?

Kevin

My buddy Hunter brings Gatoraide sometimes. Otherwise I use the coursse coolers. If there are none, I MAY buy a drink.

Kevin

Kevin, as always I am humbled by your wit! Thanks for sharing, lmao

Gatorade on the course normally. On a hot summer day during a casual round with buddies I may throw down a few CL Smooth's but it's not a part of my normal routine. I have some buddies whose round would not be complete without 6-8 beers. It's funny how you can see thier scores get worse and worse with each drink.

Usually just drink water or whatever orange sport drink is available at the course. If I'm with people I know well, we may have a couple of beers for the round, but I drink water or said sports drink as well. I do drink a lot on the course though, usually go through 2 32 oz water bottles and one sports drink during a round. Needless tosay, thank God for port-a-pottys. I did used to have a dip problem to help with the edge that most people experience on the course, but I think I'm over that.

I tend to play it by ear. I rarely crack one on the front, if I'm playing like junk, I'll pop a few on the back. When I'm playing a fun round with my buddies and we have a driver to get us home, that's a different story... I've been known to make 6-8 disappear.

Back