Srixon Z-Star XV, TriSpeed, Soft Feel Golf Balls

Wow thats a big statement Kelly cause we know how much you loved the RX in yellow.

I know, the RX is a really good ball but this ball is really good too and the price swayed me. BTW, I think the M.A.P. on the Trispeed Tour is $29.99.

Wow. These pics on your granite countertops actually looks like they are taken with outerspace as a background. That is fitting, I guess, since it IS the Z-star afterall.

Do you know if there has been any major changes in the Z-star since last year?

I did an online ball fitting with Srixon and they recommended the Trispeed Tour, at >$30 I intend to at least give them a try. I am a RX player, but always looking for something better.

another Cleveland product goes into KB's bag....hehe
Me too CB. I'm really liking this ball a lot. I think I have finally found the ball that is staying in my bag.

Trispeed tour in yellow...very cool. Now I just have to play up the two dozen B-330RX's I was given for Christmas........

I know, the RX is a really good ball but this ball is really good too and the price swayed me. BTW, I think the M.A.P. on the Trispeed Tour is $29.99.

Yes, I believe they are $30 a dozen. This is what turned me off. I'll definitely give them a shot at $26 a dozen though.

I might have to try these, I really like the soft feel for cold weather.

Totally agree Kelly, for $30 you would be hard pressed to find a better ball.

Yes, I believe they are $30 a dozen. This is what turned me off. I'll definitely give them a shot at $26 a dozen though.

$4 bucks is worth not playing a ball that you really like? Thats only an extra 0.33 cents a ball, considering how much we pay to golf that is cheap.

$4 bucks is worth not playing a ball that you really like? Thats only an extra 0.33 cents a ball, considering how much we pay to golf that is cheap.

Exactly - considering how much we pay to play golf, I have to cut costs where I can. If that means 33 cents a ball, it has to be done.

Exactly - considering how much we pay to play golf, I have to cut costs where I can. If that means 33 cents a ball, it has to be done.

I hear you man, and not judging by anymeans, you have to cut costs where you can. For me, the ball is just too important and I play whatever is the best ball for me up to a certain price point, but $30 is under my limit.

I hear you man, and not judging by anymeans, you have to cut costs where you can. For me, the ball is just too important and I play whatever is the best ball for me up to a certain price point, but $30 is under my limit.

No sir, I didn't take it that way at all. :smile-big: Yea, it does suck. I wish I could afford to play the Prov1's, 330's, and the Z Stars. I bet they are all excellent balls. The $26 price point is a great mid-range ball. IMO, the balls in this range are a lot better than that balls in the $15-$20 range. (Though I haven't tried them all, so please forgive me if I'm missinformted.)

No sir, I didn't take it that way at all. :smile-big: Yea, it does suck. I wish I could afford to play the Prov1's, 330's, and the Z Stars. I bet they are all excellent balls. The $26 price point is a great mid-range ball. IMO, the balls in this range are a lot better than that balls in the $15-$20 range. (Though I haven't tried them all, so please forgive me if I'm missinformted.)

No you are right, the e-series, trispeed, and similar balls at that price range are miles ahead of the $15 - $20 range. You should PM ol gray about the precpt laddie that he plays. He raves about that ball and it is pretty well priced.

Enough thread Jacking though, I am really excited about the XV and the trispeed tour in yellow.

The Z-stars I got in the contest were the new Tour Yellows in the photos. Awesome! I didn't play the last one, but I may pick up some as it's 2 dozen for $50 at Dick's right now. I loved the original trispeed, but didn't try the tour last year, but now that I can get it in yellow, I will be all over it for my ball for this season, once I play through my Z-stars and the 2 dozen Diablos I got for winter play.

I've been playing the Trispeed Tour for my last few rounds, I love it! So excited when I found out it was gonna be available in yellow this year.

the last two years I've been gaming the Srixon Z star with the Bridge 330s waiting in the sidelines. I've yet to play a bridgestone once.

I have been playing the Zstar yellows,but I prefer the Tri-speed.It just fits me better than the Zstar and I get a little more distance with my swing speed.I guess I will be playing the new Tri-speed yellow now.Best of both worlds for me,actually three worlds-price better than Zstar,better fit for my game ,and YELLOW!

The Tri-speed tour in yellow looks like a great buy.

I'm going to try and grab a sleeve of these this year. I've never played it and I'm curious.

The new Z-star arrived today as well.

b8d45ca0-e825-b8e5.jpg

I'm intrigued by Srixon's new line, particularly the XV...can't wait to read more!

I have been meaning to pick up some Z-stars to try out.

Just picked up two dozen of the XV today, they are a good looking ball other than the red numbers (I don't like red that much) and the cover feels really soft and sticky to the touch. I was trying to roll the balls around in my hand and they kept grabbing because the covers are just well sticky. I talked to the store manager at golftown who has been gaming these for a while and he raves about them. One word LONG.

Just picked up two dozen of the XV today, they are a good looking ball other than the red numbers (I don't like red that much) and the cover feels really soft and sticky to the touch. I was trying to roll the balls around in my hand and they kept grabbing because the covers are just well sticky. I talked to the store manager at golftown who has been gaming these for a while and he raves about them. One word LONG.

He is telling the truth, seriously watch your distances with this ball especially off of the irons, the ball goes....

Back