Tour Edge Exotics Release XCG-4 Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

A unique fusion of power, accuracy and style, the XCG-4 irons embody what Exotics performance is all about and according to Tour Edge, this game-improvement iron is their easiest and longest-hitting iron to date.

While designing the XCG-4 irons Tour Edge engineers were asked to create an iron that would deliver stunning performance and set Exotics apart from the competition. The result is an iron that boasts Tour Edge's thinnest face. Measuring less than 2.2mm, the face has different levels of thickness to promote distance and enhanced feel. That combined with dual tungsten weights behind the face produces the highest rebound rate and moment of inertia (MOI - the ability to resist twisting) in any Exotics iron.

A deep, undercut cavity moves weight to the outer edges of the club head for enhanced forgiveness and a higher MOI. The deep undercut cavity, wide sole design, perimeter weighting the tungsten sole weights help to lower the center of gravity, optimize the trajectory and enhance MOI. The result is exceptional distance and forgiveness and a six iron with a MOI of 2,750, unprecedented for any iron.

Creating playability across the entire set, each is engineered to its specific task including c.g. location, progressive offset, face thickness, and top line thickness for a perfect blend of distance and accuracy. In addition, more offset provides game-enhancing forgiveness. Many golfers tend to have an outside-in swing path prior to contact, and the hands are slow to release. This leaves the clubface in an open position and the golf ball starts left and finishes right. The XCG-4's offset hosel allows the club face an extra fraction of time to close thereby allowing the golfer to hit a straight shot.

Power and refinement - that's what you expect from a great set of irons and with the new XCG-4 irons Exotics delivers breathtaking performance.

The Exotics XCG-4 irons are guaranteed longer than your current irons and start at $579 for a 3-PW set.

2033798.jpg

That's one busy cavity. Any chance of THP getting these bad boys in for a review? or get them for demo day?

• Admin
That's one busy cavity. Any chance of THP getting these bad boys in for a review? or get them for demo day?

They have received the same request as everybody else.

579 seems like a pretty good price. I wonder why their irons in this line cost less then other companies, yet their XCG-4 fairway wood costs as much as other companies drivers do.

It's definitely a lot of red in that club. And I'm also curious about the low price point on these. The Exotics line has traditionally been on the higher end of the price spectrum, this is more what I'd expect from their Bazooka line.

I am an Exotics fan but I have never seen the TEE irons before. I also wonder about the price, it does seem more in line with TE's Bazooka line instead of the Exotics.

Sooooo... Its a driver shaped like an iron?

579 seems like a pretty good price. I wonder why their irons in this line cost less then other companies, yet their XCG-4 fairway wood costs as much as other companies drivers do.

well the XCG-4 FW does have a titanium face, their non-titanium faced FW the "Trilogy" is in line with other FW's

Not my favorite looking club, but I'd like to try them out. It always seems like TEE is trying up their game in the technology department.

Anyone had an opportunity to hit these yet? I have yet to own TEE (I do have a Bazooka driver in the basement) gear and I would love to try some out. Their woods seem like bombers when I hit em into the net. By the look of them they seem to fall in the GI category.

tour edge released a v blade iron years ago which was not a bad iron for its price point, but since they have started making their irons go the distances or hybrids i have not been a fan, but these are good irons for some people.

I love my XCG-3 wood. Looking forward to the review. Love the look.

I was able to hit their XCG3 hybrid last year and I really liked it. But it's a shame these clubs are no where to buy, its hard to buy something untested.

tour edge still mkaes clubs? I remember my first bazooka driver. what a club. really a solid beginner/junior club.

Back