WGC Accenture Match Play Championship [Spoilers]

I agree yoccos. Tw means ratings, always has. Westwood does not right now, maybe that will change if he played more events here, but he doesn't. And if you watch coverage of his home tour, he is covered constantly.

I watch a ton of Euro golf and Westy does get good coverage but only if he's really in contention on the weekend. He'll get marquee coverage on Thurs/Fri but if he's not in contention (and he hasn't much in 2011), he doesn't get any coverage, unlike Tigger. They also just show more golf when it comes to the Euros.

I watch a ton of Euro golf and Westy does get good coverage but only if he's really in contention on the weekend. He'll get marquee coverage on Thurs/Fri but if he's not in contention (and he hasn't much in 2011), he doesn't get any coverage, unlike Tigger. They also just show more golf when it comes to the Euros.

I dont disagree, but lets remember something. While Westwood is #1 right now, he is no where near the dominant player that Woods was. Whether it is faded glory at this point or something else, he earned a lot of his coverage by changing the game forever. Westwood did not increase purses (unless you mean the ones he carries for his snacks), that was TW. I dont like the guy, but listening to mooby mctooth complain about his lack of coverage because he is the world #1 was hysterical.

We saw all we needed to see of him with every shot at last years Masters on Sunday. Maybe this year as a favorite will be different and he gets a win finally, but until then, dont complain too much, because its because of that cheater, that you have the choices you do as it pertains to financial freedom.

wow, well said, I actually agree with that.

I dont disagree, but lets remember something. While Westwood is #1 right now, he is no where near the dominant player that Woods was. Whether it is faded glory at this point or something else, he earned a lot of his coverage by changing the game forever. Westwood did not increase purses (unless you mean the ones he carries for his snacks), that was TW. I dont like the guy, but listening to mooby mctooth complain about his lack of coverage because he is the world #1 was hysterical.

We saw all we needed to see of him with every shot at last years Masters on Sunday. Maybe this year as a favorite will be different and he gets a win finally, but until then, dont complain too much, because its because of that cheater, that you have the choices you do as it pertains to financial freedom.

I think you are exactly right, but I was just saying that Westy doesn't get the over coverage that Tiger does. I see why Tiger does though and it doesn't really bother me, except that when there are other golfers playing that seem to be in better form at the moment.

Great post JB and very well said.

I contacted Golf Channel and posted to their Facebook wall. Enough with nothing but Tiger. It is a little different if he is winning and pulling off those spectacular Tiger shots all the time, but he isn't right now. He's playing no better than middle of the road, but they aren't showing the other middle of the road guys 24/7. Show me GOLF on the golf channel, not just Tiger. It isn't the Tiger Channel.

Day 1 screwed me big time. My entire Bobby Jones group is now gone since I had Stricker and Goosen in the final 8, also lost Adam Scott from my final 8. Four of my ten picks for the fantasy league done on day one. Not a good way to keep hold of the #1 slot.

I think you are exactly right, but I was just saying that Westy doesn't get the over coverage that Tiger does. I see why Tiger does though and it doesn't really bother me, except that when there are other golfers playing that seem to be in better form at the moment.

I see your point, but remember when Jordan played for the White Sox? they actually sold tickets and he wasnt good

Which is completely true, but he is still so polarizing. I know yesterday, I was watching a movie when he was playing and I kept pausing it to check and see where he was and what he was doing. I knew he didn't look good or "back", but I still wanted to watch. I suspect there are many many people that did the same thing, even though they knew he wasn't playing his best. Is it fair? No, but I still can't help watching.

Good points. But, how long does Tiger get this special treatment (from the networks) for? The cameras weren't showing every Nicklaus or Palmer shot of their final years in the majors.

Excellent post, I agree with every word.

Well, on the bright side, no tiger coverage for the next 3 and 1/2 days, cause I'm pretty sure they will waste half the coverage time today rehashing his match

Well, on the bright side, no tiger coverage for the next 3 and 1/2 days, cause I'm pretty sure they will waste half the coverage time today rehashing his match

You still call it Coverage? I've dropped the c and just started calling it overage.

From the iPhone.

You still call it Coverage? I've dropped the c and just started calling it overage.

From the iPhone.

Yeah I call it coverage. They covered over every other match with it, could barely get a glimpse of them.

Actually got a response from GC on Twitter:

garywilliamsGC Gary Williams
@
@RonInThornton we talked at great length about Mannasero,Rose,Rory,Crane,Fowler etc, really did,undestand tiger fatigue

How did everyones brackets fair after Round 1?

I did pretty well. 25 of my Round 1 selections still in including my Final 4. I swept the Gary bracket and was 1 short of sweeping the Snead bracket.

I'm looking forward to the Mickelson/Fowler match a ton! Hope it gets some coverage.

I'm looking forward to the Mickelson/Fowler match a ton! Hope it gets some coverage.
It sure should get a lot of coverage. Too bad I'm not home with a sick kid today like I was yesterday, this working from the office business sucks!

It sure should get a lot of coverage. Too bad I'm not home with a sick kid today like I was yesterday, this working from the office business sucks!

Yeah, I hate that they tee off at like 10:30 EST yet coverage isn't on til 2pm? I'm also keen to see some Westwood/Watney coverage. That should be a great match as well.

I contacted Golf Channel and posted to their Facebook wall. Enough with nothing but Tiger. It is a little different if he is winning and pulling off those spectacular Tiger shots all the time, but he isn't right now. He's playing no better than middle of the road, but they aren't showing the other middle of the road guys 24/7. Show me GOLF on the golf channel, not just Tiger. It isn't the Tiger Channel.

Day 1 screwed me big time. My entire Bobby Jones group is now gone since I had Stricker and Goosen in the final 8, also lost Adam Scott from my final 8. Four of my ten picks for the fantasy league done on day one. Not a good way to keep hold of the #1 slot.

Really the only thing that will determine if you hold on to the #1 spot is just how strong your final 4 are and if you can manage to actually pick the 2 finalist. Somebody in that top 5 or 6 with you could make a major move by picking the final 4.

Yeah, I hate that they tee off at like 10:30 EST yet coverage isn't on til 2pm? I'm also keen to see some Westwood/Watney coverage. That should be a great match as well.

That should be a good match. I've got Watney advancing in that one.

Ugh. 6-4 after the first day. Sitting in 94th.

Wtf dustin johnson and TW.

That should be a good match. I've got Watney advancing in that one.

I picked Watney but for some reason I think #1 gets it done today. Just a gut feeling.

Me too, TC. I think they both will have fun on the course, which will make it fun to watch.

I think this match comes down to who performs best on the Par 3's. Should be a beauty though.

Back