oldest club actually played in bag?

aces13

Reaction score
Handicap
I know we have a lot of club ho's on different sites, myself included. i always want the next best thing.

but whats your oldest club still in your bag AND played with. not one u keep in there just to show the other guys.

(side note: anyone regularly using wood/hickory shafted clubs still??)

I still play a Goldwin 50* pitching wedge from about 1995 or so.

When I go to the range I always hit an old FILA golf club my dad got back in the early 90s.

forgot to add my own club... duh.

i have an old King Cobra 2 Forged 5 iron i use on my home course only. so used 2+ times a week. (hint: center of the green on 2nd shot on 13. lol )

My oldest club would be the putter - which I believe was used for a few seasons prior to me getting it. My dad on the other hand uses a putter from the 70's or 80's

Tap before talk.

85ish ping b-60, when greens get slow I'll use an 02 cleveland form forged classic.

My backup set of irons is an old set of Spalding blades, 80's I think.

I don't have anything too old in my bag. Ping Rapture hybrid I guess.

My backup putters include a B-60 (awesome), and an anser isopur.

as i have only been playing for about 7 years now, the oldest club in my bag has to be my odyssey dfx 2 ball putter it was one of the first things i replaced when i bought a starter kit. my father told me it was very important to have a good putter that you were comfortable with

my father told me it was very important to have a good putter that you were comfortable with

Your father is a wise man. We should all take that advice.

I'd guess putters would make up the vast majority of the 'old clubs' list.

hard to say.They're all old by some standards.But they work.

Up until last year I had a very old bag. Cally X14's. Cally Hawkeye VFT Titanium Driver. Cally Steelhead III 3 wood. Odyssey Tri-hot #3 putter(still am pissed I sold this one) Now I've got the OEM Kevin disease. Is there a hotline to call for this?

Up until last year I had a very old bag. Cally X14's. Cally Hawkeye VFT Titanium Driver. Cally Steelhead III 3 wood. Odyssey Tri-hot #3 putter(still am pissed I sold this one) Now I've got the OEM Kevin disease. Is there a hotline to call for this?

Please report to the pondering thread. We have lovely soft walls, where you can rest your head while your credit card payment is being processed.

Surprisingly on topic for me, but the Steelhead III was a great FW.

My irons, I play Mizuno T-Zoid Pro II's. They're refinished, but they're still old!

My irons, I play Mizuno T-Zoid Pro II's. They're refinished, but they're still old!

I've only just shelved my Mizuno Pros. Awesome irons!

I still use a Taylor Made System 2 3 wood , got to be close to 20 years old .

I still play with a Callaway Big Bertha War Bird 3 wood, circa 1994-95 (I think), and a Titleist 983 driver from 2003. Both are still great clubs for me and I haven't been able to find anything to duplicate the success I have with them, so why change. I also have a Ping Anser 3 manganese bronze putter that I use from time to time that I got in the early 90's.

my putter... it was my grandfathers when he played in the 80s
love the thing and wont get rid of it ever

Probably like most it is my putter, only had it since 2004, but I don't have any intentions of pulling it anytime soon. I am going to be testing the TP Mills Ming putter, so that could be changing soon too.

Thing that has been in the bag the longest, or thing that is oldest in years? I have old Ping ISI BeCu PW, I have no idea how old it is, but it is new to my bag

i only have this game going for a lil bit over a year, so i d say the oldest is 08 model Diablo Fw

Was a Ping putter (10 years)...but that changed this past Christmas. It's still my back up putter so it may see some time once in a while!

Ping Anser putter from the 70s. My grandfather gave it to me and it's the only putter I have ever used.

R.I.P. Gear 5 wood - tried several new 5 woods but have just not found anything that I hit as consistent as this one. Probably just a confidence thing. Still on the lookout though.

Back