TaylorMade Tour Preferred MB Review Thread

I wish TM would release these babies LH.I've always wanted to play a set of TM blades.They have made some beauties in the past. Glad you two enjoyed them.

Are either of you considering making the permanent switch to these or do you feel you will go back to your current set?
I've changed my sig to these, that's always a good sign but I'm still not sure. I hit just enough questionable shots today to think I may go back, it's a tight race for sure. I'm interested to see which set wins out. My first real round will be coming up soon, that will tell me a lot. Until then more driving range work with the TP MBs, I love that part!!

Great write-ups guys!

Nice shooting Jrod. Really love that picture Hawk. All of these reviews are detailed and make me very curious to try each one of the lines.

Great reviews guys!! Jake, I am glad to hear your liking these irons.

JRod, nice swing bro!!

I've changed my sig to these, that's always a good sign but I'm still not sure. I hit just enough questionable shots today to think I may go back, it's a tight race for sure. I'm interested to see which set wins out. My first real round will be coming up soon, that will tell me a lot. Until then more driving range work with the TP MBs, I love that part!!

Fantastic! I can't wait to hear more. I know you told me that you were really liking these so far. Can't wait to hear how they work for you on the course

P4B really looking forward to your round!!!! Not that I'm in the same skill set at all with my ball striking but I'm really looking at these or the CB's as my set if I go with the TP line. I'm anxious to see how they work for you all.

P4B really looking forward to your round!!!! Not that I'm in the same skill set at all with my ball striking but I'm really looking at these or the CB's as my set if I go with the TP line. I'm anxious to see how they work for you all.
That makes 2 of us Yoc! I have a feeling they'll be very good on the course, unfortunately I'll have to wait a little longer as our little early spring thaw seems to be on hold for a while. First chance I get though, I'm out there!

That is brutal! It just gives you more time to get them dialed in though :)

That makes 2 of us Yoc! I have a feeling they'll be very good on the course, unfortunately I'll have to wait a little longer as our little early spring thaw seems to be on hold for a while. First chance I get though, I'm out there!

Jake = Serious Golfer.

It was nice knowing you my friend, hehe

so, whats the workability of these irons?

Jrod was able to work them up/down/left/right with ease. He was pretty impressed with that aspect iirc.

Jrod was able to work them up/down/left/right with ease. He was pretty impressed with that aspect iirc.

Jrod looks to have a great swing, I can see him having game

Jake = Serious Golfer.

Don't worry, I won't let success with a blade iron change me! :D

I was able to manipulate the trajectory rather easily. I am not Bubba Watson so usually a straight ball is a good ball for me but I still found them pretty easy to move left and right as well.

I'd like to hit these purely on looks alone. I'm about 100% sure the CB's will show better numbers but doesn't mean I wont look at these and embarrass myself with a few swings. I work the ball all the time. I just can't seem to hit the straight shot.

Don't worry, I won't let success with a blade iron change me! :D

I was able to manipulate the trajectory rather easily. I am not Bubba Watson so usually a straight ball is a good ball for me but I still found them pretty easy to move left and right as well.

Jake = Serious Golfer.

so April then? hehe....hope you get out there soon bro....I know how much you're chomping at the bit to get on the course with these

I'd like to hit these purely on looks alone. I'm about 100% sure the CB's will show better numbers but doesn't mean I wont look at these and embarrass myself with a few swings. I work the ball all the time. I just can't seem to hit the straight shot.

You might be surprised. I found them pretty easy to hit. They would certainly punish me in the long run, but I don't think you'd emberass yourself.

I keep thinking how impressed I was after my range session last week. A lot more info has popped into my head that I wanna share but typing on this phone sucks so I will update again tonight. I was over at the range by my house with the local pro I have known since I was 12 and while the range wasn't open he let me use the practice are for short game , and I came away with some good info from there also.

Jrod looks to have a great swing, I can see him having game

Thanks a lot T , iron play is definitely my strong suit. If I could fix my tee and green I might be able to score.

These are actually extremely easy to hit. It's really noticeable on the lower irons where people tend to really struggle.

That's great to hear. It's a common theme along with smooth. Taylormade might be onto something...

These are actually extremely easy to hit. It's really noticeable on the lower irons where people tend to really struggle.

You might be surprised. I found them pretty easy to hit. They would certainly punish me in the long run, but I don't think you'd emberass yourself.

That's great to hear. It's a common theme along with smooth. Taylormade might be onto something...

Yah these appear to be the real deal. I'm trying to contain my enthusiasm after only one range session (400 balls ) and one sim round. It's hard to do though , they are really just that good.

JRod, couple of things if you do not mind. I currently play the Titleist 710 MB's which I love but I am also interested in the Taylor Made MB's. I use to play the old RAC LT's about 6 years ago and loved them but have played Titleist since 2008 but have always like the TMag's MB's.

What I am interested in is the toe shape. I hate a real high toe and especially a square toe. I love a nice rounded toe from the top line to the sole. How do these look and can you take a head on pic that is not super close up? If not I understand but I'm just curious. I have a $1000 to spend from a bet I made with my boss and he has to pay up and this seems as good as anything before my wife finds out and makes me spend it on her. lol:D

how do i get to test these clubs?? i am very interested in these.. get these reviews out!! thanks

THP believes in consumer testing and if someone is active on the forum then they might get to test out the latest and the greatest.

JRod, couple of things if you do not mind. I currently play the Titleist 710 MB's which I love but I am also interested in the Taylor Made MB's. I use to play the old RAC LT's about 6 years ago and loved them but have played Titleist since 2008 but have always like the TMag's MB's.

What I am interested in is the toe shape. I hate a real high toe and especially a square toe. I love a nice rounded toe from the top line to the sole. How do these look and can you take a head on pic that is not super close up? If not I understand but I'm just curious. I have a $1000 to spend from a bet I made with my boss and he has to pay up and this seems as good as anything before my wife finds out and makes me spend it on her. lol:D
About 1/4 of the way down page 4 you will see my unboxing pics of these irons. One of those pics should be what you're looking for, if not I can definitely get you a different look just let me know specifically what you're looking to see.

Back