When did you celebrate Valentine's Day?

• On Monday, Valentine's Day. Love Is In The Air.

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • This Past Weekend. Less Crowded.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Sometime This Week. But Not On Monday...No Crowds.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • At Home. By Myself. I Love Me Some Me.

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Tell Hallmark To Kiss My Behind!

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters

staticline

Reaction score
Handicap

We don't celebrate Valentine's Day. It's a Hallmark holiday.

Actually, I guess we do, 365 days a year.

The BF and I have dinner reservations for Sunday (Feb. 20) for our Valentine's Dinner. Actually, I think its just dinner...we weren't able to get reservations over this past weekend as they were booked solid.

Same here smallie. Why is there only one day to tell someone you love them?

+1. We both went to work. While at work I did order a new gas oven and told her it was her gift. She regifted me a marshmellow rose that her boss gave her.

+1. We both went to work. While at work I did order a new gas oven and told her it was her gift. She regifted me a marshmellow rose that her boss gave her.

Cooking with gas is the way to go. Did you get one with the broiler in the main oven or the drawer underneath?

AG and I went to dinner and a movie on Saturday night.

Cooking with gas is the way to go. Did you get one with the broiler in the main oven or the drawer underneath?

Hmm, I think its underneath. We decided to go less expensive since were probably going to move in less then 2 years. So nothing fancy.

We attended a Valentine's dinner at our church, and I agree with Smallie, we actually celebrate 365.

Nothing says Valentine's Day like all you can eat sushi on Sunday. Sorry Russell Stover.

We're going out probably tomorrow or Thursday night. The Mrs. teaches Mon/Tues evenings. I spent this past w/e moving my Mom into a new place. But, historically, we try to avoid going out on Valentine's Day. The last time we did that, the dinner took 3 hours, because the kitchen couldn't keep up. That place is now out of business. Gordon Ramsey must've gotten to them.

We don't do the card, gift, candy, roses thing. We just want a nice dinner out without any kids or other family around...at a place that uses those fancy tablecloths.

The girl I'm seeing right now we just started dating last month so we had that uncomfortable moment discussing whether or not we should do Valentines Day. She said no. I took that to mean "No, but I really mean yes and you should know that"
Turned out she actually meant NO, she had family in town so I ended up eating dinner with them and it was uncomfortable for all of us due to it was way too early for that in the relationship. We all had a good laugh about it though.

The girl I'm seeing right now we just started dating last month so we had that uncomfortable moment discussing whether or not we should do Valentines Day. She said no. I took that to mean "No, but I really mean yes and you should know that"
Turned out she actually meant NO, she had family in town so I ended up eating dinner with them and it was uncomfortable for all of us due to it was way too early for that in the relationship. We all had a good laugh about it though.

That's funny. Reminds me of the joke about the kid at the drug store buying 'protection' and the pharmacist helps him out. Kid goes to girls house for dinner that night and her dad is the pharmacist. LOL!

Both Sunday and Monday.....White chocolate covered strawberries for Sunday brunch at home.....Then an early (5PM) dinner.....Then late lunch on Monday....Both meals at casual, relaxed restaurants..no dress up.....Our favorite......But I agree, it should be 365 days a year.....

At Home. By Myself. I Love Me Some Me.

Haha, know buddy loves me like me!

No female in my life, so here was the quick rundown of my Valentines day (which I had off!)

Sleep in
Golftec
Serious THP time
Nap
Pizza
Beer
Action Movies
Sleep

We're going out probably tomorrow or Thursday night. The Mrs. teaches Mon/Tues evenings. I spent this past w/e moving my Mom into a new place. But, historically, we try to avoid going out on Valentine's Day. The last time we did that, the dinner took 3 hours, because the kitchen couldn't keep up. That place is now out of business. Gordon Ramsey must've gotten to them.

We don't do the card, gift, candy, roses thing. We just want a nice dinner out without any kids or other family around...at a place that uses those fancy tablecloths.

This sounds like a Valentines day that I would love! LOL. We don't celebrate Valentines day right now. Every year, my husband gets my kids to give me a Valentines day card from them, which always melts my heart. This year my daughter was old enough to write her name and her brother's name on the card.

I pulled an Ellie! I gave Liz a Mani/pedi at a nice place and a card. She gave me a card and a box of hot tamales, lol.

Well I have been away at school the last two and a half weeks so I have'nt had mine yet. I leave for home in the morning so I'll celebrate it tomorrow evening. I have gotten her a really nice necklace she has been wanting so she should enjoy it. I also have my three other little valentines to take care of as well so I should have a fun and busy day.

Went out Saturday, but we would have done that either way since we got a rare babysitting offer. Yesterday, Erica went to the gym and Jr and I ate some dinner and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse together.

We didnt reall celebrate, I figure she is lucky enough to have me. oh snap!

My wife and I celebrated Valentine's Day over the weekend because she had to go out of town for work on the actual Valentine's Day. Even if that wasn't the case, we would have gone out to dinner on a night other than Valentine's Day, it's just too crazy on the actual day.

Saturday night. Spent the night in a hotel. Milestone evening as we left our 16 yr old home alone. His younger sister was packed off to her aunts house.

This sounds like a Valentines day that I would love! LOL. We don't celebrate Valentines day right now. Every year, my husband gets my kids to give me a Valentines day card from them, which always melts my heart. This year my daughter was old enough to write her name and her brother's name on the card.

When they first start writing it is so awesome.

I remember the first time our daughter wrote her name. It was at a Chili's and they were doing some St. Jude Color The Chili Pepper Donate A $1 Thing. Our daughter wrote her name, and spelled it correctly for the first time, and then colored the paper. The manager comes around and wants to put it on the wall. PRY IT FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS! LOL!! We went home and immediately scanned it into the PC and backed it up to the external hard drive....and of course, we put the original in the fridge.

I love me some me

Back