Golf: A Gentleman's Game?

The loudmouth stuff is for guys trying to say something. I'm not sure what, but to pay money for clothes like that screams more dollars than sense.

Personally, I think it's to distract you from noticing how little game they have

Remember the Big Dog T Shirt line from the 90's? I remember seeing that at the local muni a ton.

Which is why I wear a wide brim hat when I play... for protection from the sun. It's not a fashion statement, and it's far more effective than a baseball cap.
Thats what I use too, mine is a tilly I wear in the rain though. Waterproof and wide brim. Makes me look like I'm about 75 yrs old though. Oh well at least it's dry. Dry days I go hatless or a driving cap if I'm hitting well. Schorchers I'll put on a ball cap.

Well, since they are designed to be worn untucked, they will probably be unacceptable on this forum. Or maybe only acceptable in Hawaii? :D
mmmkay... im hawaiian and "hawaiian" shirts arent called that in hawaii... theyre aloha shirts and some aloha shirts are more expensive than a whole business suit
the bright big flower tacky "hawaiian" shirts are popular with tourists but real aloha shirts are pretty classy especially the expensive silk ones
we have a pretty strict dress code at the course im at and ive worn aloha shirts untucked with no problems

mmmkay... im hawaiian and "hawaiian" shirts arent called that in hawaii... theyre aloha shirts and some aloha shirts are more expensive than a whole business suit
the bright big flower tacky "hawaiian" shirts are popular with tourists but real aloha shirts are pretty classy especially the expensive silk ones
we have a pretty strict dress code at the course im at and ive worn aloha shirts untucked with no problems

I've paid as much as $120 for an aloha shirt (from Aloha Shirt Shop.com), so yeah they aren't cheap. They are comfortable and loose and provide good air circulation making them ideal for summer golf. And a lot of the styles and patterns ARE quite classy.

Mahalo fo' stickin' up for us bruddahs and our Aloha shirts Bogey! :thumb:

Back