Frustrating Software Rants

RatFink

Carnivore
Reaction score
Handicap
lim x-> 0
We all come across them in our work or just at home. Post 'em here.

For me, it's SAP. Known internally as Stupid A$$ Program since it's nothing but trouble and confusing as can be to use.
Who designs a program where buttons are hidden inside of text?
ARGH It's such a frustrating program that it borders on ludicrous.

We all come across them in our work or just at home. Post 'em here.

For me, it's SAP. Known internally as Stupid A$$ Program since it's nothing but trouble and confusing as can be to use.
Who designs a program where buttons are hidden inside of text?
ARGH It's such a frustrating program that it borders on ludicrous.

SAP is a bad one, Office 2007 and 10 are real PITA's to support as well

You could make a shorter list of software that works like it's supposed to.

The fact that we're still running IE6 here. Virtually every website has a disclaimer that they dont support IE6 anymore. Having office 2007 would be a blessing for me, all of the higher-ups are running it now and I have to convert everything back to 03. Drives me crazy!

The fact that we're still running IE6 here. Virtually every website has a disclaimer that they dont support IE6 anymore. Having office 2007 would be a blessing for me, all of the higher-ups are running it now and I have to convert everything back to 03. Drives me crazy!

Ah yes, we just upgraded to IE 8, but are still using Office 2003.
Supposedly Windows 7, and Office 2010 are in the pipeline though.

SAP is like taking all the logic from SQL, sticking it in a box and then pouring the code out to make a program. It's one of the few installs that I refuse to deal with and give clients a list of very, very good SAP consultants.

My current annoyance is Maximizer but that's only because a previous IT company set it up with no logical structure and 18 different databases...

Ah yes, we just upgraded to IE 8, but are still using Office 2003.
Supposedly Windows 7, and Office 2010 are in the pipeline though.

haha aren't they always in the pipeline? we were supposed to have IE8 last august...they probably told us that to hush us up lol.

Half my reports are still coming off a 80's dot matrix printer.
Atleast I can tell when my reports are done printing, I can hear the dang thing down the hall.

My office mate takes the perforated strips on the side of the paper and makes little oragami stars out of them. It was an acceptable time waster at first, now she has 4 GIANT jars sitting on her desk filled with them. I swear when I leave this place i'm going "Office Space" on this place. the Dot Matrix Printer, the copier machine that always jams, and those d@mn jars are all getting destroyed. haha man I don't know why I hate those jars so much.

BTW who still makes dot matrix paper? I swear there's a paper factory from 1982 that delivers our paper through a time portal every tuesday. My proof? The Staples delivery comes on thursday and it's everything BUT the dotmatrix paper. Even the invoice for the dot matrix paper is that old fashioned carbon paper with the black back. If you accidently have it on your desk and you write on top of it, it gets imprinted on whatever paper you got underneath it.

Half my reports are still coming off a 80's dot matrix printer.
Atleast I can tell when my reports are done printing, I can hear the dang thing down the hall.

My office mate takes the perforated strips on the side of the paper and makes little oragami stars out of them. It was an acceptable time waster at first, now she has 4 GIANT jars sitting on her desk filled with them. I swear when I leave this place i'm going "Office Space" on this place. the Dot Matrix Printer, the copier machine that always jams, and those d@mn jars are all getting destroyed. haha man I don't know why I hate those jars so much.

BTW who still makes dot matrix paper? I swear there's a paper factory from 1982 that delivers our paper through a time portal every tuesday. My proof? The Staples delivery comes on thursday and it's everything BUT the dotmatrix paper. Even the invoice for the dot matrix paper is that old fashioned carbon paper with the black back. If you accidently have it on your desk and you write on top of it, it gets imprinted on whatever paper you got underneath it.

haha reminds me of that staples commercial (i think?) "there's the elder...he who speaks of floppy disks." Dot Matrix paper is certainly before my time haha.

Today, I am hating on IE 8 BIG TIME.
Making new tabs has broken for me... I can't ctrl+click or click wiht the scroll wheel.
Stupid program.

Today, I am hating on IE 8 BIG TIME.
Making new tabs has broken for me... I can't ctrl+click or click wiht the scroll wheel.
Stupid program.

Try IE9 RC

Try IE9 RC

Isn't IE9, a Beta version though? I never use Beta programs, I let others find the problems. And there will be problems.

That goes for any program, browsers, OS's, anything. Especoially OS's - - -I never get those until a Service Pack comes out.

Isn't IE9, a Beta version though? I never use Beta programs, I let others find the problems. And there will be problems.

That goes for any program, browsers, OS's, anything. Especoially OS's - - -I never get those until a Service Pack comes out.

IE9 went active Monday (maybe it was Tuesday)

I discovered last fall when I bought a new home PC and was reminded again yesterday when I bought a new laptop, that some of the programs I have grown to like, one being a Websters dictionary, will not work with Windows 7. Worked great with XP but no go with 7. I also have a Pentax digital camera that will not work either in 7 but at least I can use a reader card in a usb port to download the pictures from it, but it was better with a direct plug download. Kind of sucks.
I also still use a dos based program at work to calculate earthwork quantities that is really outdated but the state paid big money for it 20 years ago and won't let it go. Everything has to be printed with dot matrix as well. I have made my own program in Excel but still fall back on the old dos program. Sucks

it went from Beta to RC last week or so, (RC - Release Candidate) is usually pretty much what the final product will be. Not sure when it will officially be released. I was also be a little facetiousas, if you lost in IE8 you'll really be lost in IE9. file menu's are gone and I still have not seen a way to turn them back on like you could in 8. Looks very much like MS's take on Chrome...

exactly!

Back