jefrazie

Reaction score
Handicap
13.9 OOB
The major problem in my game is simply chipping. When I start a round, I already accept the fact that I'm going to lose 5-10 strokes just from chipping inside 25 yards. I've read plenty of advice on the web that states "you have to hit down on the ball and accelerate through it" but I can't seem to really grasp that concept. My chipping misses tend to either be chunked 2 feet or hit thin and it goes screaming across the green. I always take a few practice strokes before I chip and they seem to be ok, but when I actually hit the ball, I have no idea where it will go.

So....

What sort of drills can I do to improve my consistency with chipping the ball and how do I get rid of the chunks/thins?

Thanks!

The first thing I would like you to do is look up THP TV episode 1. We go through the setup and basics to hit very solid short game shots. If you have any questions on what you see there let me know.

The first thing I would like you to do is look up THP TV episode 1. We go through the setup and basics to hit very solid short game shots. If you have any questions on what you see there let me know.

Great stuff and it's invaluable to your game. Are you also having issues chipping out of the rough on the edge of the green?

Back