2011 Titleist Pro V1 & Pro V1x Golf Balls

Merged with another thread.

nothing new on the performance on these new Pro Vs? All I know is it's cosmetically different. Wonder if it performs the same??

I'm looking forward to trying the new ProV1x. I like how they respond around the greens. I hear they are trying to mimic the balatas, I don't know how true that is.

I picked up a dozen and will be trying them out as soon as it gets warm. The way the weather looks I might even get to play a real course with temp boxes and greens this weekend. Gonna be a pretty tall order to beat out the 2011 B330.

I just got a sleeve of both. I'll be playing them Saturday and I'll let everyone know what I think.

they have to find a way to cover the cost of all the white coats the guys were wearing at the show
They do have a different swagger in that booth. I never feel worthy enough being on the same carpet as them.

Played the ProV1x yesterday. Very nice flight. Great spin on approach shots and chips. Putted phenomenally. Only problem is one hard 9i or wedge and your grooves still cut the face of the ball. Great balls, but just to expensive to have to replace after every wedge. Time for me to find a new ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played the ProV1x yesterday. Very nice flight. Great spin on approach shots and chips. Putted phenomenally. Only problem is one hard 9i or wedge and your grooves still cut the face of the ball. Great balls, but just to expensive to have to replace after every wedge. Time for me to find a new ball.

Bridgestone Tour B330-S has ridiculously good cover strength. So do Nike One Tour D

Bridgestone Tour B330-S has ridiculously good cover strength. So do Nike One Tour D

Thanks. I was thinking about the B330-S. I'll grab some Tour D's also. Are they as soft as ProV1x's?

Thanks. I was thinking about the B330-S. I'll grab some Tour D's also. Are they as soft as ProV1x's?

The B330-S is really close, but not quite. The Tour D is a bit harder and not near as much spin on half pitches, etc. But a great ball nonetheless.

I get 18 holes out of a B330 NP where I am lucky to get 11 holes out of a ProV

I played the ProV1, and it is spinnier. I think this is to compensate for the conforming grooves on iron shots, while trying to maintain a low spin rate off the driver. The Penta does this too, but at a higher compression, making the new ProV1X a comparable ball. I like the ball overall. The cover still cuts a but with sharp grooves. The ball is amazing in the wind, and when struck well, the ball just goes.

The B330-S is really close, but not quite. The Tour D is a bit harder and not near as much spin on half pitches, etc. But a great ball nonetheless.

I get 18 holes out of a B330 NP where I am lucky to get 11 holes out of a ProV

Thanks I'll check them out.

I played the ProV1, and it is spinnier. I think this is to compensate for the conforming grooves on iron shots, while trying to maintain a low spin rate off the driver. The Penta does this too, but at a higher compression, making the new ProV1X a comparable ball. I like the ball overall. The cover still cuts a but with sharp grooves. The ball is amazing in the wind, and when struck well, the ball just goes.

I agree 100%. The new 2011 ProV1X ball is an AMAZING wind ball. I played in 20-30mph wind on Sunday and this new ball did not stray at all. Great feel and is a bit more durable then previous models. Green-side spin was the same or better then the '09 model and feel off the putter is great.

Overall, '11 model is a much better improvement over the '09 ball. Going to buy a case of em to stock up.

What is everybody's thoughts on many of the tour pros not making the switch to the 2011 ball and staying with previous versions?

What is everybody's thoughts on many of the tour pros not making the switch to the 2011 ball and staying with previous versions?

Aren't many pro still playing the 08-09 ball and never switched even to the 10?

Somewhat shocking. I like the performance of the new ball, but def scuffs easier than last years. One good tee shot on a par 3 or hard wedge and it's scuffed.

Aren't many pro still playing the 08-09 ball and never switched even to the 10?

Yes and even earlier. I had been hearing so many great things from consumers about this one that I expected the switch to be pretty seamless for many of their staffers (they have a lot), but in looking through the tour report there are a LOT of guys not playing this one. A LOT!!!

I played a sleeve 2 weeks ago. Good ball. I missed the durability of some others though.

Almost seems like most times I see a WITB and Titleist ball, it's hardly ever the current version. That does make me curious though. But that could just be the small sample I see. I like what I'm hearing about the ball except the durability part.

A little dissapointing to hear that the Pro V1 is even less durable than previous models. I have a hard time knowing that my first 9i strike with a brand new ball is going to scuff the heck out of it.

Titleist Pro V1x

Titleist Pro V1x

I won a dozen of these from Titleist on Twitter a couple of months ago and finally got a chance to put them in play this past weekend. I was blown away by the performance. Very long and nice performance around the green. If they weren't so dang expensive I would make this my permanent ball.

If you want a good ball at the same price you're paying for the e6 try the e5. Its got a urethane cover like the prov1. Its just a 2 piece is the difference. On the shots around the green where spin is an issue it performs very well.

Go Ducks!

In my Bag

Driver--Callaway Tour FT Iz 10.5* 47 inch Xstiff
Fairway Wood-- Callway IZ 3 wood
Hybrids-- Cobra 3H & 4H
Irons-- Cobra s2 6-GW
Wedges-- Cleveland CG15 56*
Putter-- Odyssey Black Series-i #7 "fang" 43"
Ball-- Bridgestone e5

Phillips Golf Shop
Stewart Park Golf Course
Roseburg, Oregon

Last edited:
I agree 100%. The new 2011 ProV1X ball is an AMAZING wind ball. I played in 20-30mph wind on Sunday and this new ball did not stray at all. Great feel and is a bit more durable then previous models. Green-side spin was the same or better then the '09 model and feel off the putter is great.

Overall, '11 model is a much better improvement over the '09 ball. Going to buy a case of em to stock up.

+1, I totally agree about the wind performance of the ProV1X, the durbaility is the same as most premium balls to me, New Tour B330 and New ProV1X after a few good wedges, scuffs easily and cuts....both balls are good for about 7-9 holes.

I've really found the new PROV1 to scuff much easier than last years model. Maybe its just me but I typically play the prov1 and noticed that the newer ball would get destroyed only after a couple of wedge shots. I just ordered a 100 AAAAA prov1 balls from lost golf balls so I'll be sticking with the 2010 for a while.

I've really found the new PROV1 to scuff much easier than last years model. Maybe its just me but I typically play the prov1 and noticed that the newer ball would get destroyed only after a couple of wedge shots. I just ordered a 100 AAAAA prov1 balls from lost golf balls so I'll be sticking with the 2010 for a while.

Its the '09 version, I dont know why LGB does that, Titleist releases a new balls every 2 years.

ProV1's

ProV1's

I love ProV1's and ProV1x's and I love the feel and distance, in fact I haven't found any other ball I like better. The only problem is they are $45.95 a dozen and if I happen to hit a full wedge shot, the cover practically rips off. :banghead: Am I the only one with this problem and does anyone have any tips or other golf ball suggestions? I can't keep paying this much and ruining a golf ball after one swing of my wedge.

Back