The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will sound strange to some I'm sure, but for my mental state (got really scary last year) its a great thing.

I resigned my coaching duties next year, football for sure after 22 straight years of playing and then coaching, probably track...but when golf opens, I think I'll be a legit frontrunner and I want that job something dire. So, just a teacher next year as the wife begins residency. Definitely happy-happy-joy-joy for a new phase in my life.

I think you'd make a great golf coach. You certainly have a passion for it and I know it's a lot less pressure than football is. Good luck, I hope you get the gig.

Hope it works out for you Jman. Congrats, change is good!

Thanks guys, it certainly is appreciated and means alot from you. It feels like a weight is off my shoulders, I love football to death but its time to step away for sake of my mental stability and my wife as well.

Plus, it opens the calendar for THP outings int he future lol.

Good luck Jman, I gave up coaching basketball because it was stressing me out way to much and I wasn't even getting paid.

The snow is basically over. Maybe another 1/4" overnight. But now comes the deep freeze tomorrow.

It's absolutely beautiful here today and was pretty darn nice yesterday. The snow is melting at a record pace out there, so no need in washing the truck as we have slush everywhere and water just pouring off the roofs and down the streets. I love it, lol. We are anything but out of the woods, but spring will soon be here.

It's absolutely beautiful here today and was pretty darn nice yesterday. The snow is melting at a record pace out there, so no need in washing the truck as we have slush everywhere and water just pouring off the roofs and down the streets. I love it, lol. We are anything but out of the woods, but spring will soon be here.
WOW thats great , we were only 36 deg.s today so not much melting . I was so lazy this year I never put my blade on my tractor so I am just using the awd cars to flatten it all down .......... It'll melt some day :)

WOW thats great , we were only 36 deg.s today so not much melting . I was so lazy this year I never put my blade on my tractor so I am just using the awd cars to flatten it all down .......... It'll melt some day :)

I seriously doubt it got any warmer than that here today as it's only 30* right now, lol. But that's a huge stup up for us and very exciting, haha. The sun is out and things are really melting well. I went to my storage today and got soaked from the water pouring off the roof as I'm trying to get in the door.

Mrs. Esox is making a cake. I'm going to eat some.

&

Mark Wilson

& of course

THE GREEN BAY PACKERS

Kevin

I just can't beleive your almost in to spring and we have another month and 2 weeks of winter left.

I just can't beleive your almost in to spring and we have another month and 2 weeks of winter left.

So do we Dent!

The Golfworks Master Clubmakers Catalog 2011 came today. The shafts are hot. So many to look at too. Grips. Tape. You name it.

The Golfworks Master Clubmakers Catalog 2011 came today. The shafts are hot. So many to look at too. Grips. Tape. You name it.

Sounds like a sweet catalog. I need to check this out

Love the catalogs, just got the 2011 catalog from the clubmaking supply store that lets me shop there and it is taking most of my strength not to run up there with a shopping cart.

I guess theres an addiction to regripping your clubs. Now I can get almost any grip from these guys. Right now Im going through putter grips because theyre easy.

Woot Woot! My son received a letter of congratulations to Portland State University yesterday. I'm the father of a soon-to-be college student! The engineering school at PSU is a good one, it's close to home so my son won't have to live on campus, and the price is right.

Now to figure if I should pay for his tuition outright, or get a student loan, let the money I've saved for his college appreciate and pay for the loan once he graduates...hmm...any suggestions from those of you who have financed college for your kids?

Woot Woot! My son received a letter of congratulations to Portland State University yesterday. I'm the father of a soon-to-be college student! The engineering school at PSU is a good one, it's close to home so my son won't have to live on campus, and the price is right.

Now to figure if I should pay for his tuition outright, or get a student loan, let the money I've saved for his college appreciate and pay for the loan once he graduates...hmm...any suggestions from those of you who have financed college for your kids?

Congrats bonkn.

From the iPhone.

Super congrats Bonk! Good luck to your son.

Congrats to you and your son, bonk!

My diverticulitus kicked back in over night and I hurt like a sumbum today. However, I had one last pain pill from before and this is "some good Sh#@ man", lol. I can hardley keep my eye's focused and keep giggling at nothing, haha

Congrats on your boy! I remember when I got excited the day I was accepted to my school.

What I did was take out the loans where interest didn't build until after graduation. If you're looking at the loans that immedietally build interest I'd look at the rate-of-return on your saved funds vs the loan interest rate. They're both low rates in this economy but how will it look in 4 years?

Edit: The loans were also a "don't screw up" incentive for me because the parents would have made them mine if I dropped/failed out.

Congrats on your boy! I remember when I got excited the day I was accepted to my school.

What I did was take out the loans where interest didn't build until after graduation. If you're looking at the loans that immedietally build interest I'd look at the rate-of-return on your saved funds vs the loan interest rate. They're both low rates in this economy but how will it look in 4 years?

Edit: The loans were also a "don't screw up" incentive for me because the parents would have made them mine if I dropped/failed out.

That's good advice DG. I'll definitely look at student loans that don't accrue any interest while my son is in school, as well as make sure there isn't a pre-payment penalty. Interest rates are pretty low so I'm not getting much out of the credit union savings. The 529 plan has had some decent gains, so I might put more into that.

I like the "incentive plan". I once told my boys if they got a full-ride scholarship to any school, I'd buy them a brand new car at graduation. Doing so would save me a few bucks!

They FINALLY posted my boss's position online, so I applied for it!!! Wish me luck, it should naturally go to me as I'm just next in line, but you never know :)

They FINALLY posted my boss's position online, so I applied for it!!! Wish me luck, it should naturally go to me as I'm just next in line, but you never know :)

Good luck GC!

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back