THP Iron Testing AGAIN! Want to Particiate?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A few months ago THP held their 2010 Golf Outing & Demo Day and during that weekend, golfers that made the trip were able to try some equipment months before it is scheduled to be released. One set of irons that many were buzzing about were the Wilson Staff Di11 Irons. Irons that gave incredible distance and awesome forgiveness wrapped up in a great looking package.

6974.jpg

One of the wonderful features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world.

Well, we decided we are going to do it again. THP is going to do further testing on the Wilson Staff Di11 Irons and want to invite people to take part in the festivities.

Each tester will receive a brand new set of Wilson Staff Di11 irons based on their specs and will begin long term testing on them. We take the testing seriously and because of that have certain criteria to qualify for this particular club test.

Criteria
You must be able to play golf through the months of February & March (either on course, simulator, or range).
You must be located in North America
1 THP Forum testing at a time (so if you are testing or about to be testing something else, you will not be chosen for this one)
Four forum members will be chosen to be part of this testing.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the irons out frequently (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You will also be asked to update the Wilson Golf Facebook page with your findings as well.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions.

1. What is your handicap?
2. What are your current irons?
3. Graphite, Steel, or Half & Half? (uniflex is used in these irons)
4. How many rounds do you play in a year?
5. How will more distance and forgiveness help your game?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

EDIT:

The Powers that be have made their selections for the testing.

Chunkylover77
RonInThornton
coolbreeze
OEM Kevin

Last edited:
Saw this on Twitter a little while ago, good luck to everyone!!! You should follow THP on Twitter!!!

Good luck to everyone, I'm geographically challenged on this one!

Fantastic! More proof that THP is the best forum around.

Another AWESOME opportunity!! Good luck to all who can enter!

Wow this is another great opportunity. Good luck everyone.

Says you need to be able to test through December and January?

JB are these made for "us"? :D

very cool!!! good luck to all that enter!!

awesome, can't wait to see who is chosen for this next round of testing! thanks THP and Wilson Staff!

Nice job THP. I was really impressed with what I saw and hit at the Wilson booth. Especially the FG Tour irons. Their products have surprised me.

Great opportunity from THP and Wilson Staff. Have fun with them.

I didn't get logged in soon enough to say "December and January, where's the time machine?" JB is a fast editor. :D

really looking forward to what everyone thinks of these when testing. I really like what WS had out there last year and liked these @ the outing.

I'll take one of the first shots at this.

1. What is your handicap? 15

2. What are your current irons? TaylorMade Burner 2.0, Steel Stiff Shaft

3. Graphite, Steel, or Half & Half? (uniflex is used in these irons) I would like to try the Half & Half shafts to see if the claims are really true, control of steel, with the softer feel of graphite.

4. How many rounds do you play in a year? About 15-20

5. How will more distance and forgiveness help your game? Iron distance and forgiveness is one of the things I need the most. The Di11 irons have an expanded sweet spot that goes toward the toe of the club, more so than other irons. This is exactly where my mishits occur, so if I can minimize the distance lost on those strikes, that would be fantastic.

Thanks to THP and to Wilson Shaft for this great opportunity.

Nooooo!! Need to bring this shindig to Canada!!!

Fantastic THP and Wilson Staff! I try to hit the sim weekly now and hope to be in a snowless place coming soon for several weeks. These are made for me...

2. What are your current irons? Nickent 4DX Pro
3. Graphite, Steel, or Half & Half? (uniflex is used in these irons) Steel
4. How many rounds do you play in a year? 70 to 80
5. How will more distance and forgiveness help your game? Anything that can keep me in the fw is beyond good. I'm pretty average or below in distance and direction, but make it up with my short game. Gaining distance and accuracy would be a game changer for me.

Oh wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is an amazing opportunity for everyone. I would love to participate in this but doing my Mashie right now :) Good luck to the applicants. Fantastic irons and a great company!

Pick Me!!

Pick Me!!

1. What is your handicap? 16-17
2. What are your current irons? Srixon i701 (non-tour)
3. Graphite, Steel, or Half & Half? (uniflex is used in these irons) Steel
4. How many rounds do you play in a year? Roughly 35 rounds
5. How will more distance and forgiveness help your game? The advancements in technology are continuously evolving and so is my game. I'd like to see what the latest and greatest technology can do for me - if anything.

Thanks THP!

Chris

16-18 Handicap
Current Irons are Adams Idea Pro Gold
6.0 Steel Shaft
70+ Rounds a Year. I have access to simulators in the winter to work on my game.
The distance will help me reach more greens in regulation. It will allow me to play shorter irons into par 3s and into par 4s. By using the short irons will allow me to be more aggressive with those shots into greens. The forgiveness will allow me to get more confident with my swing. Having only started playing this game 2-1/2 years ago. I am still learning what my swing should be. Some days I hit the ball pure, other days I toe the ball or hit hosel rockets. I need the forgiveness to be more confident with my game.

I'd like to throw my name into the hat. Now that I'm finally done moving for a while I'm ready to get back to being active around here. Although the snow is deep where I'm at, I do have a nice simulator in town that I have visited on occasion and would definitely like the excuse to use more frequently.

1. What is your handicap? 18-20
2. What are your current irons? Cleveland CG7 Black Pearl with the Cleveland Golf Flightspeed Steel regular flex shafts.
3. Graphite, Steel, or Half & Half? I have always used steel but I am open to the thought of testing the half & half shafts. My driver swing speed is around 92-95 mph which works well with the true temper uniflex shafts I have used in the past.
4. How many rounds do you play in a year? Close to 80 rounds during the golf season (mid-March through October). I also play the occasional round at the simulator during the winter months.
5. How will more distance and forgiveness help your game? Forgiveness is one thing that I need more than anything when struck on the toe or low on the clubface. There are a lot of times when I don't fully trust myself when using the 5-7 irons and those thoughts start the downfall of my scores. I would really just like more consistent results that the forgiveness would hopefully give me.

Edit: I just discovered an indoor driving range close-by so I have yet another option for potential testing.

Last edited:
1. What is your handicap? 8
2. What are your current irons? Nike CCI Forged
3. Graphite, Steel, or Half & Half? (uniflex is used in these irons). Steel
4. How many rounds do you play in a year? 65-100
5. How will more distance and forgiveness help your game? The irons I have now are blades and I would love some forgiveness. Distance would be great too. A friend I play with got rid of his blades for the Burner irons and he's gained quite a bit of distance.

2. What are your current irons? Mizuno Mx-200

3. Graphite, Steel, or Half & Half? (uniflex is used in these irons)

Steel, (interested in half & half, but never tried

4. How many rounds do you play in a year?

50-70

5. How will more distance and forgiveness help your game?

I'm not a long hitter, therefore more distance can hopefully allow me to club down and hit the lower irons into the green. And forgiveness...who doesn't need more? I sure do.

Awesome opportunity, bravo THP and Wilson staff!

Last edited:
Back