If you have a bench grinder, you might want to try this:

wheel1.jpg

I have an abrasive disc attached to one of the grinding wheels.
I just mark the shaft with a sharpie and cut it along the line.

wheel2.jpg

Then I just smooth out the end of the shaft on the other wheel.
The whole operation takes about ten seconds and it works very well.

I can also use the grinding wheel for other things both golf and non-golf related
so it isn't just a single purpose tool used only for golf clubs.

This thread makes me look forward to buying my own house and having a shop in it. Right now I have an air compressor, pure grips gun, dremel, 48" ruler, utility knife with hooked blades, small work bench w/vice, and the rubber shaft pads for the vice itself. I also have some epoxy.

This thread makes me look forward to buying my own house and having a shop in it. Right now I have an air compressor, pure grips gun, dremel, 48" ruler, utility knife with hooked blades, small work bench w/vice, and the rubber shaft pads for the vice itself. I also have some epoxy.

Is that house in FL? hehehehehe

right next door to you buddy. Won't you be surprised

Surprised? No!
Watching my gear like a Hawk? Yes!

Its funny too, because a house down the street from us is for sale right now...Beautiful home that has the perfect garage space for a shop. I mean PERFECT! This house should be advertised as the perfect garage for a golf repair shop. Extra outlets, built in high lights, vacuum built right into the wall in the garage, etc...

Surprised? No!

Its funny too, because a house down the street from us is for sale right now...Beautiful home that has the perfect garage space for a shop. I mean PERFECT! This house should be advertised as the perfect garage for a golf repair shop. Extra outlets, built in high lights, vacuum built right into the wall in the garage, etc...

I'm sold! Hope Nerfny doesn't mind

Surprised? No!

buy the house to house your golf equip and THP office. hehe

1234 Elm Street
Ashvegas, NC

hahaha, you dont wanna live beside TC, your food pantry will be raided.

Today I found the greatest hidden Gem in Victoria. I have gotten addicted to doing my own club work in my garage, and I have been looking for a store in town where I can buy club building supplies, shafts, ect.. I found a wholesaler who only sells to dealers and stores but through some sweet talking and agreeing that I am only doing club work for myself they agreed to set me up with an account and I get their wholesale prices!!!!!!!!!!! They have everything, and I mean everything, and they are only 5 minutes from my door. I bought a rubber club holder for my vice and some other things but I am stoked.

Very cool buddy, you'll be working all night from now on creating some really cool stuff. Great find!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Today I found the greatest hidden Gem in Victoria. I have gotten addicted to doing my own club work in my garage, and I have been looking for a store in town where I can buy club building supplies, shafts, ect.. I found a wholesaler who only sells to dealers and stores but through some sweet talking and agreeing that I am only doing club work for myself they agreed to set me up with an account and I get their wholesale prices!!!!!!!!!!! They have everything, and I mean everything, and they are only 5 minutes from my door. I bought a rubber club holder for my vice and some other things but I am stoked.

that is some awesome hookups right there

+1 on the tubing cutter, I have been using one for years on shafts, both steel and graphite, and have never boogered one up. Just don't try to feed the wheel too quickly and I don't see how you can mess up.

They work great but you need to buy a decent one. Cheap ones suck and will cause you more trouble than not. I used my Snap On one I use for steel fuel/brake line at work and it works great.

+2. Don't be cheap when buying one of these.

If you have a bench grinder, you might want to try this:

wheel1.jpg

I have an abrasive disc attached to one of the grinding wheels.
I just mark the shaft with a sharpie and cut it along the line.

wheel2.jpg

Then I just smooth out the end of the shaft on the other wheel.
The whole operation takes about ten seconds and it works very well.

I can also use the grinding wheel for other things both golf and non-golf related
so it isn't just a single purpose tool used only for golf clubs.

VERY nice idea. Added one to my grinder this morning. Thanks for sharing!

I cut a graphite shaft yesterday using a cutting disk attached to my angle grinder and it worked very well. Took seconds and gave a nice clean square cut.

I cut a graphite shaft yesterday using a cutting disk attached to my angle grinder and it worked very well. Took seconds and gave a nice clean square cut.

I thought about buying an angle grinder and cutting disk but I wasn't too sure how that would work out.

I thought about buying an angle grinder and cutting disk but I wasn't too sure how that would work out.

It worked great for me. I was unsure at first so I put the shaft in the vice and made a cut 2 inches higher than the finished cut just as a test. Halfway through the cut I knew it was perfect and just made my proper cut and went on my way. In a perfect world you would get a grinding wheel as pictured above but I don't have the money for one right now nor do I know what else I would do with it in my shop.

It worked great for me. I was unsure at first so I put the shaft in the vice and made a cut 2 inches higher than the finished cut just as a test. Halfway through the cut I knew it was perfect and just made my proper cut and went on my way. In a perfect world you would get a grinding wheel as pictured above but I don't have the money for one right now nor do I know what else I would do with it in my shop.

Sharpen the blades on your lawn mower, put a new edge on all your old drill bit's, you can even change the bounce on wedges. I need to get a picture of my two wheeled grinder, its like 30 years old and industrial grade, lol. The thing weighs almost as much as I do, haha

Sharpen the blades on your lawn mower, put a new edge on all your old drill bit's, you can even change the bounce on wedges. I need to get a picture of my two wheeled grinder, its like 30 years old and industrial grade, lol. The thing weighs almost as much as I do, haha

Ya I can see that. I have a drill bit sharpening for my drill bits but the lawnmower blades is a good idea, I hate paying to get it done every year.

Exactly!

In fact, the piece of wood in the second picture is there is a tool rest for sharpening my lawn mower blades. I rest the blade on the wood and slide it along to get an even cut. You're right about the wedges too. When I grind a wedge I start with that grinding wheel to get the basic grind. I finish them off on a sanding/polishing station I built (because I happened to have an old motor laying around and some free time) and it works really good and the sanding drum, wire wheels and polishing wheels are interchangeable. (I'll see if I can find a pic).

Exactly!

In fact, the piece of wood in the second picture is there is a tool rest for sharpening my lawn mower blades. I rest the blade on the wood and slide it along to get an even cut. You're right about the wedges too. When I grind a wedge I start with that grinding wheel to get the basic grind. I finish them off on a sanding/polishing station I built (because I happened to have an old motor laying around and some free time) and it works really good and the sanding drum, wire wheels and polishing wheels are interchangeable. (I'll see if I can find a pic).

The polishing wheel would be great. I don't have a need to grind my wedges, but lots of people do. My biggest need is getting a larger space to work on things, lol.

The polishing wheel would be great. I don't have a need to grind my wedges, but lots of people do. My biggest need is getting a larger space to work on things, lol.

Reshafted my R9 SuperTri yesterday. I bought a new R9 adaptor 0.335 and a graphite design pershing shaft. Really easy to install , butt trimmed the shaft to this same length as the stock shaft and even though this shaft is a few years old now, I really like it. It loads really well and I like the feel has on the downswing. This was a really fun project.

Back