The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I won 2 out of my three bets and made $100 bucks net profit. So today I'm taking Seattle +10, and the over 43.5, Jets +9 and under 45, I comboed all 4 in a teaser bet just to be safe and then I will bet the games alone comboed with the over/under.

Yup, I agree. And the laughable happens... a 7 and 9 team hosts a conference championship game.

If they win today they will be a 9-9 team hosting the NFC Championship Game.

If they win today they will be a 9-9 team hosting the NFC Championship Game.

Even as a seattle fan I think they need to change the rules a bit. Winning your division should get you into the playoffs, but record should decide who hosts the game.

Even as a seattle fan I think they need to change the rules a bit. Winning your division should get you into the playoffs, but record should decide who hosts the game.

I don't agree. Division winners should always take precedence over wild cards. Even in a strange situation like this year.

I don't agree. Division winners should always take precedence over wild cards. Even in a strange situation like this year.

Agreed. The Seahawks won their division, the Saints and Packers didn't. Seattle gets their home game(s).

Agreed. The Seahawks won their division, the Saints and Packers didn't. Seattle gets their home game(s).

I see what you guys are saying and this is an odd year since the NFC west was just terrible but I think there is just too much emphasis on winning your division right now. There was a good discusion about this on "Moving the Chains" and I agree with them that winning your division gets you an automatic in to the playoffs, after that they should be seeded by record and lets go play.

No reason to blow up the system because of one oddity. Too much crying from Saints fans who lost because their team had no defense or ball securtiy.

No reason to blow up the system because of one oddity. Too much crying from Saints fans who lost because their team had no defense or ball securtiy.

I have heard this discussion for the past two or three years, so it is not a new debate it has just been brought much more to the fore front because of my Seahawks. The NFL is always changing things to try and make the league better and I would not doubt this will be talked about during the new CBA talks. We also know that we are going to an 18 game season so if a team finishes 14-4, but only second in their division, they have earned and proved they are a better team than a team from a bad division that finishes 9-9 or whatever. With the regular season being so long next year I think you will have earned your home playoff game based off your regular season record.

I understand the recent history of teams host playoff games with worse records as the team they are hosting. It happened last year to my Packers. But, win you're division if you want a home game in the playoffs. Nut up and win your division.

Hollywood with a nice td catch! Good throw by Cutler. We are gonna be using Forte it looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cutler getting away with a couple lol.

Cutler getting away with a couple lol.

Bears are playing well, time for the seahawks to get some points on this drive or the game could get away from them.

The Seahawks play calling chart looks like a Sonic menu.

Kevin

The Seahawks play calling chart looks like a Sonic menu.

Kevin

Maybe it is and thats why their offence looks so bad.

snow games look awesome in hd

snow games look awesome in hd

I love when they play in the elements. I hope there is snow in New York/NewJersey for the 2014 Super Bowl.

Its pretty much guaranteed whatever outcome I predict will be wrong, so pray I don't root for your team!!

Its pretty much guaranteed whatever outcome I predict will be wrong, so pray I don't root for your team!!

That sounds a lot like my curse!

Bears D isnt too bad either.

Bears look tough. They got away with the fumble and near pick, but they're killing them. Seattle needs more pressure.

Scoring some points would help, too.

Kevin

What the hell? I can't believe the Seahawks. They look more like a .500 team than a division winning playoff squad.

Kevin

Good first half.

On a side note, my buddy got me a signed Grossman photo from the AZ overtime game. Awesome.

What the hell? I can't believe the Seahawks. They look more like a .500 team than a division winning playoff squad.

Kevin

hahaha

Forte leading Hester on that pick lol

It's too bad TGC doesn't have live coverage of the golf tournament. This game sucks for anyone but Bears fans! (I am of the I didn't care who won side)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back