Mizuno JPX-800 and 800 Pros

Thanks guys. I must say I breathed a sigh of relief when I first read the thread and saw that photo (I'd been googling like mad and that was the best photo I'd seen).

But part of me thought my eyes were playing tricks, hence the post. So its good to hear confirmation.

Well now I'm happy they are real, I can comment that they do look fantastic IMO. Top line is not particularly skinny, but they set up quite well (in my kitchen that is!), less offset than my MX200s I would say. Cant wait to swing them in anger.

Congrats on the new irons, Putty :)

im just waiting on mine being delivered from Mizuno.

considering they are made at a factory only a few miles from me im suprised its taking so long :D

I got to try these at the fall outing this year and loved everything about them. I've always been one to graduate back to the thinner pro lines, but in these I found the regular 800's to be everything I wanted in an iron. I would say the pro's seemed a tad harsh, but still very sweet indeed.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Any Mizuno JPX 800 irons users experience

Any Mizuno JPX 800 irons users experience

I want to see some Mizuno JPX 800 irons users experience.
I already see the THP review but is to general and is more a Mizuno new irons release review than a typical THP individual long term use experience review.

picked my 800 pros up today and had a trackman session while at the range. yardages are fine with not much difference to the R9's but with better dispersion.
did go form the KBS90 in the R9's to KBS tours in the pros so perhaps this is the contributing factor in the dispersion.
they feel a bit heavier as well. swing weight of C9 according to the sheet back from mizuno. (not sure what the R9's were)
cant wait to get them on the course, but the continued snow isnt helping :(

Well, I just received my brand new JPX 800 Pro last Saturday and played 3 rounds on the weekend! Prevously I hat the Mizuno MP-30 and the new 800 Pro's are just miles away! I love the accuracy, I love the distance, and I am also happy that they are much more forgiving!
During the evaluation I tested several clubs like the AP-1, K15, Taylor Made etc. and for me personally the 800 Pro just stand out of the crowd in terms of feel, workability, forgivness and also the sound...

No I am looking forward to the season opening and the last snow melting away!

Congrats on the new sticks!

Well, I just received my brand new JPX 800 Pro last Saturday and played 3 rounds on the weekend! Prevously I hat the Mizuno MP-30 and the new 800 Pro's are just miles away! I love the accuracy, I love the distance, and I am also happy that they are much more forgiving!
During the evaluation I tested several clubs like the AP-1, K15, Taylor Made etc. and for me personally the 800 Pro just stand out of the crowd in terms of feel, workability, forgivness and also the sound...

No I am looking forward to the season opening and the last snow melting away!

Posted via Tapatalk.

Got to hit the jpx 800 today at a local demo day. About 40 degrees and raining but I really liked the feel of these clubs. The guy at the mizuno booth fixed a coupke issues with my grip as well and really got me hitting it pretty good. Definitely one of the early favorites for me this year. Can't wait for the thp demo day to try these again and head to head with some other clubs.

hey good to hear they're on your short list... i've got 8 rounds with them so far and i couldn't be happier with my purchase... long and forgiving, and though they may not have the feel that a forged set like the 800 Pro has, they are a definite improvement in the feel department over my old TM r7's. i definitely got some great feedback from fellow THPers that swayed my decision to grab em...

Figured I would update this thread. I just recently was fit for the JPX Pros with KBS C-Taper shafts. This was my first time being fit so after receiving the irons it took some swings to get used to them. I will say after 10 swings at the range before the round I wanted to throw them in the trash. The round started and after a few holes I was starting to hit them decent. My second round was a lot better and I now love them. The feel is very nice and the club head has a good weight to it which I really like. Distance is pretty good, about a 1/2 club longer than my previous TM R7's. That should get to a full club after a few more range sessions and rounds. Accuracy is way better with the Pro's versus my previous irons, now I imagine a lot has to do with being fit for these but overall I am very happy with the purchase. Longer, more accurate and a great feel.

I am thinking of getting new irons in the next couple of months and I would like some feedback on the JPX pros, there has to be a few of you guys and gals out there using them, give some reviews please.

I play the 800Pros with DGXP R300 shafts and like them enough I bought a second set for down here in the desert. Probably the best feeling irons I've hit and I find them super controllable on most all shots. The Bermuda is coming out on the course rough and the "triple grind sole" definitely helps cut through and not dig deeply on shots from the rough and keeps my fairway divots more of a scrape than a 'dig'.
I'd highly recommend them for any mid-handicapper.

anyone hit the yet?

JB, will you have a review of these anytime soon?
official release is tom. very curious about these irons.

thanks.

Edit: Further down this page has our unboxing post with all of the pictures, etc...
Pros feel much better.

Back