Ping K15 Driver Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Always love me some T Hanks reviews. Sounds like PING has a winner ob their hands. Having seen this stick in action, I would have to say Hanks is spot on. I just wish they would explore better stock shaft options, especially at the price point.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

Very good review, I haven't used a Ping driver for quite a few years, may be time to give them a look next time I change drivers.

good work. I have hit that club. It is a very consistent ball flight. I just can't get over the look of the club at address. I remember looking down at it and seeing a HUGE club head. If I remember right, this face is not very deep, making it very flat and wide. But, if somebody has issues with keeping a consistent ball flight with the driver, they should seriously look at this club.

I've been waiting for this review and you did not disappoint Hanks, good work. At the Fall Outing Jeff Overton and I engaged in a little long drive contest using the K15 and we were both just straight up nailing long and straight drives one after another. I'm pretty sure Overton beat me that day, but that's because he's not only a sharp looking man he's also a beast with the driver in hand. Back to the K15, I wasn't expecting to love it so much but I really did. I bet I spent more time hitting that driver during the Demo Day at the outing than any other single club. I'm glad it works for you bud!

I think the K series are just all around some solid clubs. One of my favorite drivers so far this year. Nice write up T Hanks.

Thanks guys! So far it does but my goal is to stack this up against the VR on a launch monitor to see which one ends up in my bag prior to the Outing.
I've been waiting for this review and you did not disappoint Hanks, good work. At the Fall Outing Jeff Overton and I engaged in a little long drive contest using the K15 and we were both just straight up nailing long and straight drives one after another. I'm pretty sure Overton beat me that day, but that's because he's not only a sharp looking man he's also a beast with the driver in hand. Back to the K15, I wasn't expecting to love it so much but I really did. I bet I spent more time hitting that driver during the Demo Day at the outing than any other single club. I'm glad it works for you bud!

You're right blu, the face isn't overly deep like say the G15 is but the 'hugeness' factor comes from them stretching and flattening the clubface. You should see the FW's, those are monstrous for a FW because they did the same thing. the ball flight is pretty consistent but was a tad high for me. I'm hoping a shaft change will help bring the ball flight down a bit
good work. I have hit that club. It is a very consistent ball flight. I just can't get over the look of the club at address. I remember looking down at it and seeing a HUGE club head. If I remember right, this face is not very deep, making it very flat and wide. But, if somebody has issues with keeping a consistent ball flight with the driver, they should seriously look at this club.

Exactly what I stated in the opening of my review. I think Ping gets lost in the shuffle of the Callaways, TM's, and Nike's because they're not as flashy but their drivers are always worth a look
Very good review, I haven't used a Ping driver for quite a few years, may be time to give them a look next time I change drivers.

The shaft is the inly real disappointment. Hard to argue against paying $399 and not getting a high end shaft standard as opposed to other offerings in the Market.
Always love me some T Hanks reviews. Sounds like PING has a winner ob their hands. Having seen this stick in action, I would have to say Hanks is spot on. I just wish they would explore better stock shaft options, especially at the price point.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

Very cool, since I seem to have quite the problem some days hitting the ole driver straight, a club like this is very appealing. I hate the closed look of a lot of hit it straight clubs so the K15 would probably be the best route for me if my Adams doesn't do what I want it to do!!!

definitely worth the look West TX. for as straight as it goes, I also found it to be pretty workable

Very thorough review Hanks! I'm not the biggest Ping fan mainly due to the looks of their stuff. Like you said, kinda boring. But long and straight? That's definitely worth a look!

The K driver is $299. As far as the stock shafts in the Ping drivers they are there because they perform with that particular clubhead. There are 31 different shafts available although some are at an upcharge. Most of the optional shafts are available in the Ping Fitting Cart.

The K driver is $299. As far as the stock shafts in the Ping drivers they are there because they perform with that particular clubhead. There are 31 different shafts available although some are at an upcharge. Most of the optional shafts are available in the Ping Fitting Cart.

Every shaft is there for a reason in every brand. However when comparing a $299 K15 stock shaft to that of the same price new Cleveland line, it is night and day. Getting a premium shaft like the Miyazaki with no upcharge is what many are referring to in this case after hitting them side by side at a demo day. I liked the K15 quite a bit, but found quite a few of the standard shaft offerings "interesting" to say the least.

thanks for the catch Bobby, fat fingered the 3 and the 2. $299 it is

Great review!

Every shaft is there for a reason in every brand. However when comparing a $299 K15 stock shaft to that of the same price new Cleveland line, it is night and day. Getting a premium shaft like the Miyazaki with no upcharge is what many are referring to in this case after hitting them side by side at a demo day. I liked the K15 quite a bit, but found quite a few of the standard shaft offerings "interesting" to say the least.

I think it would be hard to expect this from every company, since SRI owns both miyazaki and Cleveland. Can't see SRI selling the miyazaki to any other OEM for the same price they build them...

I think it would be hard to expect this from every company, since SRI owns both miyazaki and Cleveland. Can't see SRI selling the miyazaki to any other OEM for the same price they build them...

But it is not just the SRI owned companies. Look how many companies are following suit with higher end shafts in their products? Titleist, Taylormade, Callaway, etc...Yet Ping shafts seem to be slightly behind in this regard.

True but not at the 299$ price point, staying away from the made for shafts anyway?

True but not at the 299$ price point, staying away from the made for shafts anyway?

I think that truly says how special the Miyazaki standard offering is. But even many of the made for shafts out there by PX, etc... I found (and many others did at our demo day) the Ping K series shaft choices to be fairly poor in comparison until you go with a paid upgrade.

And SRI deservers recognition for putting out such a good product, but other OEM will be hardpressed to do the same... I can't speak for the K15 line though as I haven't looked at the line much for the shaft offerings.

And SRI deservers recognition for putting out such a good product, but other OEM will be hardpressed to do the same... I can't speak for the K15 line though as I haven't looked at the line much for the shaft offerings.

I think what you are seeing is the shift from $299 to $399 for the premium drivers because of the shaft market. And folks are not stopping buying them.

I think what you are seeing is the shift from $299 to $399 for the premium drivers because of the shaft market. And folks are not stopping buying them.

And someone that I wish would join this shift along with Ping is Taylor Made. But that needs to be in another thread. :alien:

exactly why I'm pondering putting my extra C Kua in to see how it performs
I think that truly says how special the Miyazaki standard offering is. But even many of the made for shafts out there by PX, etc... I found (and many others did at our demo day) the Ping K series shaft choices to be fairly poor in comparison until you go with a paid upgrade.

Great review Hanks! This is by far my favorite line, had a good chuckle at this one:

If you swing this club too fast you may find yourself hitting more hooks. Swing it too slow and it’s a block party in your honor. However, if you get your Goldilocks on and swing it just right, well, PING!

As far as the K15 goes, my dad (high handicapper with a nasty case of the rights) picked one of these up last season and almost instantly straightened out his game off the tee and also picked up a good chuck of distance. Some of this has to be contributed to the lessons he was taking at the time as well, but the difference between his old driver and the K15 was incredible. We brought it out to a family tournament over the summer and all of his brothers were so impressed that they bagged their own drivers for the rest of the day and all started using his K15. The technology in this club is a winner for sure.

Great review Hanks! This is by far my favorite line, had a good chuckle at this one:

As far as the K15 goes, my dad (high handicapper with a nasty case of the rights) picked one of these up last season and almost instantly straightened out his game off the tee and also picked up a good chuck of distance. Some of this has to be contributed to the lessons he was taking at the time as well, but the difference between his old driver and the K15 was incredible. We brought it out to a family tournament over the summer and all of his brothers were so impressed that they bagged their own drivers for the rest of the day and all started using his K15. The technology in this club is a winner for sure.

Testify!!! Great story mhuelsman131!! Although his results may not be typical, this club could help some people in that regard. Seeing is believing right?

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

Testify!!! Great story mhuelsman131!! Although his results may not be typical, this club could help some people in that regard. Seeing is believing right?

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

I use this driver and it has helped me out a lot. I still have a wicked slice if I let it get out of hand, but its not as bad as before

Back