Tiger Woods & Golf Digest Part Ways

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This seems like an ongoing trend. Tiger Woods and Golf Digest have parted ways in terms of their partnership.

• Admin
Right Seth. They had run a few articles from hime recently after his absence last year.

:popcorn: Wow, another shoe drops.

Was Tiger paid for things like this? Id imagine so but probably not a lot?

I will miss this little feature of GD Magazine, not because I'm a TW lover either but just because there is usually a little more than just simply a "guaranteed way to shave 10 strokes off your game", it was one of their better features in my opinion.

Oh well, I imagine he will be OK

Meh, he probably got p.o.'d at there Hot List.

I dunno if I care that much about this. I didn't think that his tip section was that great. In fact, I don't think any of those tip sections are overly helpful. Hard to get a lesson from a print magazine article.

He too cancelled his subscription and will now be getting all his golf news from THP?

He too cancelled his subscription and will now be getting all his golf news from THP?

Now that's funny rat there, I don't care who you are.

I thought by now the companies leaving Tiger would have stopped. I think it's crazy that the best player of our generation is not in Golf Digest. I guess we will now be seeing articles by Lee Westwood

I will miss this little feature of GD Magazine, not because I'm a TW lover either but just because there is usually a little more than just simply a "guaranteed way to shave 10 strokes off your game", it was one of their better features in my opinion.

Same here. What will be interesting is if Golf Magazine signs him. Seems like Golf Digest has always had the very top players do tips, and Golf Magazine had guys a notch below them. I could be wrong about that, but it's just my impression.

This timing seems a little strange.

Agreed. Not sure of the rationale of the timing at all

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

I thought by now the companies leaving Tiger would have stopped. I think it's crazy that the best player of our generation is not in Golf Digest. I guess we will now be seeing articles by Lee Westwood

A lot of these moves may also be spurred by the ongoing financial problems that so many in the golf industry are suffering from. I'm sure many of these companies are looking for as many ways to cut as much overhead as possible. Gillette, for example, cut ties with several other athletes in addition to Mr. Woods.

Wonder if Larry Flynt signed Tiger up for a tips column. :D

Maybe he will post his articles on twitter.

I bet they pick up Sean Foley...
And I always liked the Tiger articles as well... I got more out of those than the 8 other contradicting published lessons...

Back