Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
come to the THP Demo Day in May then hehe
The Miyazaki contest thread has me pondering 3W's again. I know there's one out there that is better for me, but I need to demo. I really have my eye on the R9's, but haven't really hit one.

+1 I hit OEM's before he offed it in favor of the Cleveland he's got now. A litle larger head but nice low profile and forgiving. silly long too
pretty good one to start with man. i'd also recommend the superfast to. the k15 seems to be very forgiving and offers one of the larger faces and heads on a 3wood.

Why not look at the Mashie 15.5 as well?

I may try that as well, but for my own nonsensical reasons, I'd really like to keep the Mashie count to two (18 and 23).

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have to try all of those out and it's looking like May will be my best shot at that. I can't make any promises though. Especially if winter sucks too bad and I need some instant gratification.

no longer pondering the SeeMore Si-1.....still pondering the Octane Tour 3w and the K15 with a C Kua in it

Well, you're halfway there on the K15 since you have the shaft!

You should ponder while testing the combo for realzzz!!!!

no longer pondering the SeeMore Si-1.....still pondering the Octane Tour 3w and the K15 with a C Kua in it

True, just can't wait to see how it goes with that shaft in it. that may be a great match

I really don't ponder much of anything, that's why I found myself with a hybrid that was used in the civil war here recently. Same for my 3 wood, check that sig out, you kidding me? There are a million other better 3 woods than this one yet I'm still rocking it. Although that will likely be changing very soon as I'm involved in a little trial with one now. I'm pondering a set of 2011 TaylorMade Forged irons though, I'll tell you that much!

I really don't ponder much of anything, that's why I found myself with a hybrid that was used in the civil war here recently. Same for my 3 wood, check that sig out, you kidding me? There are a million other better 3 woods than this one yet I'm still rocking it. Although that will likely be changing very soon as I'm involved in a little trial with one now. I'm pondering a set of 2011 TaylorMade Forged irons though, I'll tell you that much!

awesome! i'm pondering a skype session. we need to talk btw.

Sorry my enthusiam got the best of me. Carry on!

My enthusiam for the Miyazaki and K15.

Yup, thats what did it.

So I typed for realzzz. Instead of, "cant wait to see you try that combo" type of comment.

That is a good 3W, and when I hit it well I was a great clubs for me. Problem was I did not connect well with it too often.

That is a good 3W, and when I hit it well I was a great clubs for me. Problem was I did not connect well with it too often.
Nah, it is a good 3 wood, what I mean is that it is just older than what I could get, then again newer doesn't always mean better either! That's why I haven't replaced it yet!

I am thinking about picking up a Taylormade Burner Superfast 5 wood, any thoughts on that?

I am always pondering. Recently purchased 2 Mizuno wedges (MPT 10). Do I need to get another set of these non conforming grooves as some people talk about stocking up? Or will golf evolve and we will make do with the new grooves? I do like the CG14, CG15 and TM Z TP smokes.

I am thinking about picking up a Taylormade Burner Superfast 5 wood, any thoughts on that?

Very solid club just like the 3W is too

I think you should be ok. Most people don't notice a difference in spin with the conforming grooves. It really comes down to personal preference. By chance do you live near a Golfsmith or PGA Superstore? They may be able to do so monitor testing so you can at least have a baseline.
I am always pondering. Recently purchased 2 Mizuno wedges (MPT 10). Do I need to get another set of these non conforming grooves as some people talk about stocking up? Or will golf evolve and we will make do with the new grooves? I do like the CG14, CG15 and TM Z TP smokes.

I came across some money that I was not expecting, so I am going to buy a lazer range finder. Bushnell I think.

Those are awesome. I've played a few rounds with people who have them and they were very useful! Good stuff Seth!
I came across some money that I was not expecting, so I am going to buy a lazer range finder. Bushnell I think.

oh man! great idea. i want one so badly but don't see myself coming across any money, lol. you gonna snag the V2?

Can you wait until the end of Jan? You will be at the show with team THP, it might be worth waiting to see what they are launching.

Can you wait until the end of Jan? You will be at the show with team THP, it might be worth waiting to see what they are launching.

Ohhh good thought! I am a patient man. I can wait for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back