Do you eat more in the Winter time?

Do you eat more in the Winter time?

• yes I snack more in the cold months when I am confined to indoors

Votes: 34 70.8%
  • No I have sufficent will power to maintain my weight regarless of the weather/season

Votes: 14 29.2%

• Total voters

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
Man it's tough being stoved up in the house when the wind and chill is too harsh to golf. I find myself wanting to nibble more than normal and the weight is starting to show. Also you got to figure in the regular Holiday eating season to include Thanksgiving & Christmas with all the pies, cakes, office parties, etc. I think even without the Holiday extra's people eat more when they are confined to the house. How about you?

Yeah I do. I'm 6ft tall, my summer weight is 168, my winter weight is around 176.

There needs to be an other box because I overeat no matter what time of year it is. Although, I think I do end up eating more in the winter because it's cold and I find myself eating more warm things during the day rather than a healthy snack like fruit. Why must chili be so tasty?

Of course, people keep putting food in front of me, I don't want to be rude.

Surprisingly, even though I'm a huge snacker (cupcakes/cookies are my weekness), I weight the same throughout the entire year :clapp: At work its the worst, I snack at my desk and before I even know it, the entire bag is empty. We snack here all the time. And with the holidays approaching, cookies, snacks and all the yummy holiday goodies will be making an appearance at our office.

I consider it going into hibernation mode. I always pack on around 20 lbs of fluff from eating more and becoming more sedentary during the winter months. I just accept it in my cycle of life.

I don't necessarily eat more in the winter, I just eat more "bad" food. Chicago-style pizza or fried calamari or chicken parm just seem to entice me more in the colder days.

This is my problem too. I don't eat more I just don't eat the right thing. During the summer fruits and veggies are refreshing because they are light and cool but during the winter I want heavy warm food like chili. I don't eat more I just eat poorly. Oh and it doesn't help to have holiday treats around either. Holiday cookies and cakes and fudge, oh how I love fudge.

I don't necessarily eat more in the winter, I just eat more "bad" food. Chicago-style pizza or fried calamari or chicken parm just seem to entice me more in the colder days.

Surprisingly, even though I'm a huge snacker (cupcakes/cookies are my weekness), I weight the same throughout the entire year :clapp: At work its the worst, I snack at my desk and before I even know it, the entire bag is empty. We snack here all the time. And with the holidays approaching, cookies, snacks and all the yummy holiday goodies will be making an appearance at our office.
But don't you live in a warm weather climate? :)

Nope! I tend to lose weight in the winter. While what I eat remains pretty constant throughout the year, during the winter I actually consume less calories because I almost entirely cut out the beer drinking that goes hand in hand with golf, and softball. :)

There needs to be an other box because I overeat no matter what time of year it is. Although, I think I do end up eating more in the winter because it's cold and I find myself eating more warm things during the day rather than a healthy snack like fruit. Why must chili be so tasty?

Oh chilli! Now I have to make some. lol

Thanksgiving + Christmas + lots of indoor time = Guarenteed 10 pound gain

Priceless.

add 'drink more' to the title of the thread too..... <raises hand>

I don't know that I eat any more*** than any other time of year. I do, however, gain more weight because I am not out being as active.

***Thanksgiving and Christmas notwithstanding.

I'm eating as I write this post.

"Will power?" I know not this phrase...

I don't think it would be possible for me to eat more. It would upset the balance of the food supply.

Kevin

I don't think i eat more, as much as I eat worse. If cheese can go it, it shall. If beer can accompany it, it shall. If it can be fried, it shall.

Plus, I go into a depression that the golf season is over and don't move much for a month or three.

im trying to bulk up and have been hitting the weights pretty hard. Right now my goal is to take in 3,500 calories per day. From Oct 16th til now ive gone from
157-173 LBS.

Chili is so good for you! In fact, it is one of the things I ate a lot of when I was doing South Beach diet. I also like to make a big pot of hot veggie soup. It's the Dairy Queen Blizzards that are killing me.

This is my problem too. I don't eat more I just don't eat the right thing. During the summer fruits and veggies are refreshing because they are light and cool but during the winter I want heavy warm food like chili. I don't eat more I just eat poorly. Oh and it doesn't help to have holiday treats around either. Holiday cookies and cakes and fudge, oh how I love fudge.

I'd like to be warm and comfy holed up at the homestead.Working outside in the cold 9-10 hrs a day isn't cut'n it anymore.

I have no doubt most people eat more during the cold darker months out of sheer boredom. Studies have been made and a report today on the msn news shows that there is more of a craving for carbs during low light and cold weather months. Try to get out if only for a short time and get a bit of sunshine, or even artificial light during the winter months. Exercise when possible helps to combat the winter cravings and elevate your mood. There is a mood swing called seasonal disorder that affects some people causing them to eat more, sleep more, and generally feel down and out during the season, when you would rather be jolly. Good luck with your health this winter!

I eat more this time of year and its generally a heavier base food like stew's, meatloaf, chili.

I go from one big meal a day to two.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Back