G-Mac Leaving Callaway

I hope it is Cleveland... they have a lot of new releases coming out for 2011 and need a good press friendly star. The bonus for Cleveland would be his following in Europe and the USA.
Wonder if he will have the new Mashie in his bag :)

I'm hoping TM or Nike.

Gotta admit I'm surprised he would leave Callaway given the year he has had, however Cleveland would suit him pretty well I would think.

Curious - what model Callaway irons was McDowell playing?

Curious - what model Callaway irons was McDowell playing?

From the last survey.

Driver: Callaway, FT Tour Neutral, 8.5
1st Fairway Wood: Callaway, FT-i Squareway, 15-degree
1st Utility Club: Adams, Idea Hybrid 17
2nd Utility Club: Adams, Idea Hybrid 21
4-9 Iron: Callaway, X Forged Irons
X-Forged Wedges in 48, 52, 58
Putter: Odyssey White Hot # 7

Ball: Callaway, Tour i X

My totally uneducated guess, Wilson to join Padraig. Or Cobra.

Kinda funny really, I remember a couple of seasons back G Mac not having a deal and saying he was playing what he wanted to play, he ended up playing Callaway and then signing to them as they suited his game.Shame to change a winning formula but with his stock so high I think it could only be TM or Nike.

I dearly hope not to the Cobra. I like the edgy feel they have and Mickey D has about as much edge as a wilted celery stick.

It would be cool for Cleveland if he ends up there, way better then Furyk for marketing I would imagine, but I wouldn't be suprised if he ends up at t***y either.

My 1st guess would be TaylorMade however my second guess Cleveland makes more sense. TM is already pretty well stocked with star power.

If he has to leave Callaway then I hope it is to TaylorMade.

WOW if this is true that makes 3 top dogs who will be switching sponsors next season louis oosthuizen, Gmac, and Furyk!! If you beat Tiger on sunday when he leads going in, you automatically get a contract!! So my guess is Nike

WOW if this is true that makes 3 top dogs who will be switching sponsors next season louis oosthuizen, Gmac, and Furyk!! If you beat Tiger on sunday when he leads going in, you automatically get a contract!! So my guess is Nike

Did Louis switch sponsors?

Seeing as how he's probably helped move more Callaway Hat's then clubs, I'ld say Lids or New Era Caps. just kidding.

Seeing as how he's probably helped move more Callaway Hat's then clubs, I'ld say Lids or New Era Caps. just kidding.

I have a Gmac hat!

Sent from my iPhone so please ignore my horrid typing mistakes

Still no green light to pass his destination on to us JB??

Not yet, but working on it.

I'd have to guess Cleveland/Srixon. He'll probably drop by your house JB and take everything but the Odyssey #7 out of your bag. Wonder if he'll stick with his Odyssey #9.

Oops, too late.

Kevin

Last edited:
that has to be a great scoop for Srixon!

oh man! great fit for everyone. gmac = new awesome srixon hat!

not trying to bogart the thread - but oosthuizen is leaving PING? His website says different....

I'd have to guess Cleveland/Srixon. He'll probably drop by your house JB and take everything but the Odyssey #7 out of your bag. Wonder if he'll stick with his Odyssey #9.

Somehow I feel you already heard the news before you said that, because not many people say srixon, its usually just Cleveland. You knew didnt you? haha

Great for Cleveland golf! Should boost there sales some more, they make good equipment but seems many people over look it, except for the wedges. I know I did until I joined here and heard some great reviews about there stuff.

I bet he's itching to get a new Srixon driver in the bag.

I just got my Supertri this fall and I am already half-thinking of looking at a Srixon next year. Not too seriously but it looks that good.

Somehow I feel you already heard the news before you said that, because not many people say srixon, its usually just Cleveland. You knew didnt you? haha

Great for Cleveland golf! Should boost there sales some more, they make good equipment but seems many people over look it, except for the wedges. I know I did until I joined here and heard some great reviews about there stuff.

Well Srixon lost 2 or 3 players so I just gambled. That and Who woldn't want to play that new Srixon driver? Gmac just finally toward the end of the year went to the FT Tour. It seems that he takes his time to change the clubs in his bag...the next few months should be intresting.

Back