G-Mac Leaving Callaway

Scratch Golf.....G Mac can grow a beard and pass for Ryan Moore

Scratch Golf.....G Mac can grow a beard and pass for Ryan Moore

Ryan left for Adams right? How did that work out since his Scratch deal was supposed to involve part ownership of the company?

First guess would be Cleveland/Srixon, due to that company's recent losses in talent.

Second guess would be Nike, due to Graeme's recent lovefest comments about how great tiger is and how good he is for the game (which also, I believe, were sincere).

After the year he had, I can't believe he's going anywhere. I would be so scared to change my equipment after having the best year of my career...if I were him, I would just try to renegotiate with Callaway.

Really weird to leave after a career year. But my bet is on TM.

Any chance this "info" is being leaked to certain media outlets to put a little pressure to Callaway and tighten the screws so as to give Graeme a little more leverage (more than he already has with the great year) in any contract extension discussions???

After the year he had, I can't believe he's going anywhere. I would be so scared to change my equipment after having the best year of my career...if I were him, I would just try to renegotiate with Callaway.

Kinda like Paddy retooling his swing after winning 3 out of 4 majors. The Irish are a stubborn lot (I know because I am one) I'm sure no matter how many people told him just what your saying there was no changing his mind...

Any chance this "info" is being leaked to certain media outlets to put a little pressure to Callaway and tighten the screws so as to give Graeme a little more leverage (more than he already has with the great year) in any contract extension discussions???

None at all. :act-up:

perhaps Wilson Staff, he wears that style hat as it is

Now that's funny! I wonder if his office at the Nike Golf campus here in Oregon would be as big as Tiger's (I honestly don't know if Tiger even has an office here).

My first instinct was Cleveland... But TaylorMade makes a lot of sense to me. They have been snatching up a lot of talent lately. But if Furyk isn't going to resign with Cleveland then... well... hmmmm...

Wow after all this success this surprises me but on the other hand it doesnt. My first thought is Taylor Made. They just seem to be snatching up all the talent they can these days.

Maybe hes leaving because he wanted to use a belly putter and Callaway said NO!!

I had the same TM thought, they are grabbing everyone, I can't believe that he is leaving callaway though considering the breakout year he has had.

Kinda weird too, didn't he start playing the RAZR irons just recently too?

I am guessing PING.

Is he headed to Cleveland Golf Company.

Is it cleveland or scratch? I would have guessed Titleist.

Surprising to say the least. He doesn't look like a Nike guy but anything is possible. I say t***y to join his bud RMac.

Casey played 17 tournaments on the PGA Tour in 2010 and 14 on ET.
McDowell played 10 on the PGA and 24 on ET.

Presensce in Europe and nationality - both are important.

That will not be the same in 2011.

That will not be the same in 2011.

Nothing will be the same in 2011 as 2010.

I stand by my comment that McDowell would be a better European player for Nike than Casey is. But I live in Europe so what do I know about how Europeans think. Americans are so much better at this :cool:

Nothing will be the same in 2011 as 2010.

I stand by my comment that McDowell would be a better European player for Nike than Casey is. But I live in Europe so what do I know about how Europeans think. Americans are so much better at this :cool:

That is not what I was saying. What I was saying is that G-Mac will play FAR more on the PGA Tour than the Euro Tour in 2011. Wow, though!

Back