Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
Hello,

For those who don't know me I am full out on this forum 24/7 during the summer time, and then periodically every year I disappear around October for several months at a time. I'd like to change that this year and try to keep up to date on whats happening around here because I sincerely do miss this place.

Just a little about me: I'm 18 and in university currently taking business and about to start Christmas break. I live in Manitoba, Canada so just for an idea of temperature here it is currently 3* F. And right now that is good weather for us.

The main reason I vanish for quite some time is out of jealously for all of you able to golf year round with great weather. I decided to come back to catch up with everything after watching the Chevron challenge I couldn't believe what I was missing.

I've been golfing since I was about 7 years old and every year I strive to get better and better. For those of you living in Canada, it's not that big of an event but I was in the Golf Town National Amateur Championship in Toronto, ON (where I played miserable) but the tour like atmosphere I encountered was stunning. Although I feel like I am getting worse and worse.

Back to the university part: I am having a really hard time managing university and find myself severely stressed with all the work I have to do, so I decided to take my mind off of it a bit I am going to start my goal towards getting a CPGA (Canadian Professional Golf Association) Class A teaching license starting January 1st, 2011. The first task is to pass a PAT (Playing Ability Test).

Sorry for the long winded post, and you will have to excuse me if I make some completely irrelevant posts that do not make any sense. I like to jump in on the conversation but because I've been away from the game for such a long time I might have no idea what I'm talking about (I feel like a pioneer). Hope you guys are all having a blast on here and hopefully I can be welcomed back and feel right at home again.

Fairways and Greens,

Dent.

Welcome back Dent :)

Hey Dent...glad to see you back! Good luck with the PAT and CPGA!!

glad you're back Dent! nothing wrong with taking a break. i want to wish you the best of luck in your change at university. i think it's awesome to follow your passion like that.

Thanks guys! Glad to see your all still here! Nice to be welcomed back by members i recognize.

Forgot to mention I also had to come back and brag about the Rescue TP hybrid I got for $10 brand new :D

Thanks guys! Glad to see your all still here! Nice to be welcomed back by members i recognize.

Forgot to mention I also had to come back and brag about the Rescue TP hybrid I got for $10 brand new :D

Great deal!!

Welcome back Dent!!! You are always welcome back here with open arms. We have missed you. Sounds like you have had a lot going on while you were gone. Can't wait to catch up with you. :smile:

Cool! A fellow canuck studying business, while playing golf!
Where do you go to university?

Welcome back dent! Your also just in time for the HUGE contest going on. Get in on that!

Welcome back Dent. We missed you around these parts. Things are still going, but of course on a much larger scale now. Wait until you see what is coming in 2011. Between that, the THP Outing & Demo Day, and all the forum stuff each day, it is certainly a different kind of place.

Glad you are back, you are/were a true pioneer on this site.

Awesome Dent, good to see you back. Congrats on the studies. Have faith in you buddy!

Welcome back Dent. We missed you around these parts. Things are still going, but of course on a much larger scale now. Wait until you see what is coming in 2011. Between that, the THP Outing & Demo Day, and all the forum stuff each day, it is certainly a different kind of place.

Glad you are back, you are/were a true pioneer on this site.

Thanks JB, I noticed it is alot larger and huge things are happening, I'll have to look more into it. One thing I do love though although it is much larger, it still feels like the original, smaller, close and friendly THP I have come to known. That is something very hard to do and maintain with forums nowadays, great work!

Thanks JB, I noticed it is alot larger and huge things are happening, I'll have to look more into it. One thing I do love though although it is much larger, it still feels like the original, smaller, close and friendly THP I have come to known. That is something very hard to do and maintain with forums nowadays, great work!

And hopefully something that never changes. I do think part of that is because people get to meet and play golf at the outings. The other part is that most here are a real friendly bunch.

Glad to see you around, Dent. I was just thinking about you when we were talking about Yes! putters. Hope all is well up there :)

Glad to see you around, Dent. I was just thinking about you when we were talking about Yes! putters. Hope all is well up there :)

Thanks Hawk! I hope Yes! is doing well because I'm going to have to throw a new one in my bag soon. Pretty sure Tiffany is just about broken.

Thanks Hawk! I hope Yes! is doing well because I'm going to have to throw a new one in my bag soon. Pretty sure Tiffany is just about broken.

Doh!

They just filed for bankruptcy

Doh!

They just filed for bankruptcy

Doh! is right.. see what I mean about being out of the loop? haha..

That is really dissapointing. I had a feeling something was going on when I saw a thread title about them.

Welcome back Dent, glad things are going well for you. Same ol place, just a tad larger.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

welcome back Dent!

Welcome back, Dent! Always nice to see your name around here.

Welcome back Dent and good luck on your choice to follow your passion! It is always so much easier to earn a living doing something you love than just earning a living.

So Dent, what did you do to Lange? He's been M.I.A. too!

Back