TaylorMade Releasing Forged Tour Preferred Irons for 2011

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THank you so much!!! I bet DDec is happy too haha.

Edit... Decent pricing too.

These look nice, I can't wait to see some in hand pictures. 899 is about where I thought they would start, all 3 for that price is good, I would have thought the blades would be more. I also liked how you can mix and match to create your own set.

Those are nice.

Really nice looking clubs! Good price and great looks will equal big sales for TM.

OH man, those look awesome! I can't wait till the Spring outing because you know THP will have these there. I have to hit these!

Interesting that the TPCB is the only iron that has inverted cone technology.

$899 is a great price for the quality we're talking about here, I still need to see in hand pics, the stock pics just aren't cutting it for me!

$899 is a great price for the quality we're talking about here, I still need to see in hand pics, the stock pics just aren't cutting it for me!

I agree with you. Id have to see these in hand.

These are better looking than the pre release pictures floating around showed.... would be nice to see more pictures from all kinds of different angles.

Interesting that they chose to (or had to?) use casting for the inverted cone cavity back design.

I completely agree!! I want some more pics!! But I loved reading the differences. I also thought the tech on the CB sounds pretty awesome

Nice looking clubs. A wedge is now the "Attack"?

Many iron sets now call the wedge between the PW and SW an attack wedge or AW instead of a gap wedge. The Cavity back set will start at the 3 iron and provide an AW opiton which is nice.

I'm actually wondering if $899 is a little much. After tax these are pushing a grand....I was definitely thinking these would be around $799. Curious to see how these sell t that price point

I'm actually wondering if $899 is a little much. After tax these are pushing a grand....I was definitely thinking these would be around $799. Curious to see how these sell t that price point

I was thinking they would be 799(CB), 899(MC), and 999(MB). I do like that they didn't stagger the prices like that but just gave a flat price. I think the price is ok.

I agree that its a wee bit high (would like to have seen 799 or even 849) but they are using one of the premium (and most used on tour) shaft options standard in these clubs so that's pretty nice, and helps soften the price blow.

$899 for a forged set of MB irons is actually pretty good. A lot of blade sets come out selling for $999 or even more in some cases so this to me was nice that they'll start at 899 and just like anything, after a little while on the market we can expect that price to drop. Then looking at the MC, one look at any golf retailer will show that a set of Mizuno's are running you right around $999 and some even more on those. These are going to be priced right where they should see some success against like competition for sure.

$899 for a forged set of MB irons is actually pretty good. A lot of blade sets come out selling for $999 or even more in some cases so this to me was nice that they'll start at 899 and just like anything, after a little while on the market we can expect that price to drop. Then looking at the MC, one look at any golf retailer will show that a set of Mizuno's are running you right around $999 and some even more on those. These are going to be priced right where they should see some success against like competition for sure.

I completely agree buddy!

Question: In the description for the TPCB, it says that the shafts are a Dynamic Golf XP from TT. Is that a typo (Golf instead of Gold)? Any more info on these shafts or are the specifically made for the TPCB and not for sale individually?

Question: In the description for the TPCB, it says that the shafts are a Dynamic Golf XP from TT. Is that a typo (Golf instead of Gold)? Any more info on these shafts or are the specifically made for the TPCB and not for sale individually?

must be a typo hawk.

i think this collection of irons is phenomenal. something for everyone and also the ability to mix and match. i want to demo these in a bad way.

must be a typo hawk.

i think this collection of irons is phenomenal. something for everyone and also the ability to mix and match. i want to demo these in a bad way.

Yea, I was trying to find out some more info on the TT site, but they don't have anything there. I know they said it is a new shaft, but I'm the curious type.

I think they are little homely for my tastes. Not a fan of the big hex nut on the back. But I am rarely a fan of Taylor Made equipment appearance, but a big fan of it's performance.

I think they are little homely for my tastes. Not a fan of the big hex nut on the back. But I am rarely a fan of Taylor Made equipment appearance, but a big fan of it's performance.
I wouldn't go as far as to call them homely, but so far the pics I've seen have left me begging for more. I can't tell if it's just the pictures or what, that's why I'm so excited for in hand pics.

I also liked how you can mix and match to create your own set.

That is very nice, is that a normal option when you order a set from the factory for most companies?

That is very nice, is that a normal option when you order a set from the factory for most companies?

I was able to do so with PING a few years back. I'm it's allowed. I would imagine that was included just in case someone wanted to mix all 3 sets.

Back