Tecate beer.. its one of the best down south here.

Lately I've been enjoying New Glarus' Fat Squirrel. Only available in WI. A really great nut-brown ale.

Newcastle Ale is lip smacking good!

I'm a big fan of Big Rock, Rickards, or Wild Rose if I'm feeling flush - or Kokanee/Pilsner for when I'm not!

Blue Moon - Winter Abbey Ale, because I just got about 4 feet of snow last week and it sure feels like winter to me.

Make mine Guiness !

Why? Because it's a meal in a glass....and it tastes sooooo good !

Just tried Left Hand Milk Stout and must say it is a tasty beer and not as heavy as i originally thought it would be. Nice taste but it is not a beer to drink a bunch of i.e. on the golf course. Great beer to have just one or two.

This time of year its hard to beat Sam Adams Winter Lager. I will heading to Colorado soon to ski and enjoy so great microbrews. They make some great beer there, and I'm not talking about coors. (Fat Tire, Left Hand, 2 Below) They make tons of different kinds, those are just a few I will prob smuggle back home.

Just took a sweet VIP tour at Bud in St Louis. Very cool to drink directly out of the finishing tanks. Had a winter seasonal there I hadn't ever had, very sweet!

Enjoying one of the areas finest!

aefc9e7f-ae89-b602.jpg

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

One of my favorite brewery and ales by them

I was in a "Robert the Bruce" mood.... And enjoyed every minute of it.

Enjoying one of the areas finest!

aefc9e7f-ae89-b602.jpg

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

Were you coloring with crayons while drinking? lol

Red Stripe. Hooray Beer!!!!

mmmm... beer. I am a High Life guy. But I have a fondness for anything Leinenkugels. I went to college down the road from the brewery. Those were some of the best days of my life; from what I've been told.

I have a kit to brew with, but I am trying to find a small chest freeze to convert to a keg-a-rator. I don't want to have to mess with bottling at all.

bottling is as bad as it sounds. I bought 4 cases of 22oz bottles (who ever just wants a 12 oz beer?) and it takes about an hour to knock out 5 gallons (or one batch) of beer - that includes sanitizing bottles and priming the beer.

Here's my two winter batches:
IMG_3465.jpg

The one on the left is in secondary fermentation - Its a British ESB - or extra special bitter - its extra malty and hoppy - sorta sweet and one of my favs!
The one on the right is in primary fermentation - Its called "the Innnkeeper". Stronger gravity (meaning its higher alcohol) with strong malty and caramel notes- its creamier too with a nice foamy head

I hate waiting! - about 4 weeks left to fruition.

looking good though cg13. i use to homebrew a ton, then life hit, ie having a family. no room or time to homebrew like i use to. i never minding bottling though, it's like the last mile of a marathon.

looking good though cg13. i use to homebrew a ton, then life hit, ie having a family. no room or time to homebrew like i use to. i never minding bottling though, it's like the last mile of a marathon.

yea i agree with the marathon analogy - and yea family will take away some hobbies hehe.

bottling is as bad as it sounds. I bought 4 cases of 22oz bottles (who ever just wants a 12 oz beer?) and it takes about an hour to knock out 5 gallons (or one batch) of beer - that includes sanitizing bottles and priming the beer.

I just purchased a 5 cubic chest freezer. I plan on converting it over the Christmas break. I want to brew something over the break too.

I just purchased a 5 cubic chest freezer. I plan on converting it over the Christmas break. I want to brew something over the break too.

let me know if you have any questions - the first few times can be overwhelming - if you run into a problem ive no doubt had to deal with it! dont hesitate to ask and good luck!

Back