My First Eagle & 11 Skins & A 77

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Even though I'm supposed to refrain from golf due to a rib injury I could sit still no longer. I put on a heat wrap, taped up my ribs and went to the course.

It was a balmy 34º and a bit breezy. I got roped into a skins game and on #10 holed out with my TM Burner 2.0 SW from 89 yards. The ball hit the green, spun to the right, trundled down the slope, and fell into the hole. My first eagle. :)

I also had two birdies, won 11 skins, a bit of cash, and shot a 77. The golf gods smiled on me today.

Heck yeah man, who needs rib cartilage :skeleton:

Thats a great day. Maybe you should have hurt ribs all the time?

Thanks guys! The ribs are a "bit" sore now. LOL

Great round and congrats on the eagle. Tape those ribs up tomorrow and go for another one.

Wow, way to go Sean! I know you are glad you got back out there. I wonder if you were swinging easier because of your rib injury which made you hit it better. I see a lot of guys at our course recovering from stuff who end up playing better than usual because they are not trying to kill the ball.

Even though I'm supposed to refrain from golf due to a rib injury I could sit still no longer. I put on a heat wrap, taped up my ribs and went to the course.

It was a balmy 34º and a bit breezy. I got roped into a skins game and on #10 holed out with my TM Burner 2.0 SW from 89 yards. The ball hit the green, spun to the right, trundled down the slope, and fell into the hole. My first eagle. :)

I also had two birdies, won 11 skins, a bit of cash, and shot a 77. The golf gods smiled on me today.

How did you hurt your ribs? I might need to try that...

haha, that's sweet! Great round!

Great round and congrats on the eagle. Tape those ribs up tomorrow and go for another one.
LOL...!

Wow, way to go Sean! I know you are glad you got back out there. I wonder if you were swinging easier because of your rib injury which made you hit it better. I see a lot of guys at our course recovering from stuff who end up playing better than usual because they are not trying to kill the ball.
Thanks KB! Funny you should mention that: I did shorten my back swing, which helped with the pain and I was making more solid contact...because, as you said, I wasn't trying to kill the ball!

How did you hurt your ribs? I might need to try that...
I have no clue JL. They just started hurting. And no, you do not want to try that!

haha, that's sweet! Great round!
Thanks Dtak...no one was more surprised then me. :)

Great round, Sean!

congrats!

Awesome round congrats!!

Awesome round Sean. Playing hurt, or while recovering, seems to be the way to go. My brother in law shot his best round ever two days after a vasectomy.

Awesome round Sean. Playing hurt, or while recovering, seems to be the way to go. My brother in law shot his best round ever two days after a vasectomy.
Now that's quite interesting, Matt. :)

Congrats Sean! That big chicken tastes good huh buddy :hungry: ?

a great golfing memory to have. well done Sean.

Now that's quite interesting, Matt. :)

I'm thinking of getting snipped just so I can have a good round. lol! OUCH, not really.

Great round man!

I'll pass on both of those ideas..ouch.

Sure did, Gray!

Thanks Brian! I saved the golf ball too. :)

I'm thinking of getting snipped just so I can have a good round. lol! OUCH, not really.
Save the snipping or your hair. LOL!

Great round man!

Good man!

Sure did, Gray!

Thanks Brian! I saved the golf ball too. :)

Save the snipping or your hair. LOL!

Great round man!

Good man!

GREAT job sir!! :clapp: The BF blew his first ever eagle :nono: there will be plenty more...I bet I hit mine before he does haa haa haa :)

GREAT job sir!! :clapp: The BF blew his first ever eagle :nono: there will be plenty more...I bet I hit mine before he does haa haa haa :)
Thanks GC! The BF sounds like he has quite a bit of competition. :)

Back